Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia Traders
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
lushtech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

All, I have a 62 mouse grey non walkthrough kombi that I would like to convert to an SO42. I don't necessarily need factory stuff, but I would really like to buy a complete interior including all of the birch paneling. Who out there is recreating this stuff?
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

lushtech wrote:
All, I have a 62 mouse grey non walkthrough kombi that I would like to convert to an SO42. I don't necessarily need factory stuff, but I would really like to buy a complete interior including all of the birch paneling. Who out there is recreating this stuff?
I found this by looking in the Classifieds section of this site, it's amazing what you can find there... if you look:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1672663
lushtech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
lushtech wrote:
I found this by looking in the Classifieds section of this site, it's amazing what you can find there:

Yes I have been browsing for a while on the classifieds. missed a set a few months back, found this group on the forum and figured I would see if there were any leads here.... there is a guy in florida that does repop stuff, but its a long way from Seattle...
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

not sure how much you care about authenticity but 99.9% sure So42 kit wasn't offered until Jan 65. Westfalia made a lot of different interior layouts over the years for split bus. Off the top of my head in or around 1962 they offered So22, So33, So34, SO35, So36. Am probably forgetting a few.

Given that you are doing a tribute westfalia you could probably pick and choose interiors and make one that seems to work the best for you.

One word of suggestion if you are considering camping interior keep drill holes and hacks to a minimum if you want to revert back at a later date. You can do wonders attaching panels with rare earth magnets instead of screws/holes. Just a thought-

Have a read through https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=704132 he may have already done all the heavy lifting for you ideas wise
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lushtech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the link! pretty rad what he is building and VERY similar to what I want to do... I personally don't have the time, space, or the master woodworking skills to build this myself from scratch. I guess I was hoping to find someone that I could pay to do this...

velvetgreen wrote:
not sure how much you care about authenticity but 99.9% sure So42 kit wasn't offered until Jan 65. Westfalia made a lot of different interior layouts over the years for split bus. Off the top of my head in or around 1962 they offered So22, So33, So34, SO35, So36. Am probably forgetting a few.

Given that you are doing a tribute westfalia you could probably pick and choose interiors and make one that seems to work the best for you.

One word of suggestion if you are considering camping interior keep drill holes and hacks to a minimum if you want to revert back at a later date. You can do wonders attaching panels with rare earth magnets instead of screws/holes. Just a thought-

Have a read through https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=704132 he may have already done all the heavy lifting for you ideas wise
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

lushtech wrote:
Wow, thanks for the link! pretty rad what he is building and VERY similar to what I want to do... I personally don't have the time, space, or the master woodworking skills to build this myself from scratch. I guess I was hoping to find someone that I could pay to do this...

velvetgreen wrote:

These guys build a nice kit (either SO33 or SO42):

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
lushtech wrote:

velvetgreen wrote:

These guys build a nice kit (either SO33 or SO42):

Rolling Eyes Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

It's Westfalia inception.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

That SO33 repro is badass.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
That SO33 repro is badass.

Agreed and for a very fair price.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Cainibus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Friends, I sold my bus, but I still have a small parts hoard. I have some SO 42 stuff, 1967 only stuff, and general stuff. Before I take it to CTS in May I want to ask you if you know of a hungry Sambino to whom I can donate a thing or two? Logistics? I guess the best way is to ask if I have something he or she needs. If you’re in a squeeze I’ll trust you if you need it.
I intend to sell some of it , but if you want to try to help me try help to someone in need whom you know or someone whom you know of, send me a PM. If any of you want anything I can bring it to CTS or you can wait until I post ads.
Thanks Craig

66 SO42 here, in.mid resto. I would be very interested in what you may have. No resales here, straight to use.
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

hackalicious far as i can see YMMV

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2282912
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

ive posted my extra pieces from a German SO-44 bus that ive had for 20 years. i know some of you are going to lose you mind over the price, but it is what it is.... make an offer if you want it. I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Not sure about shipping yet.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307341
'03 EuroVan Weekender
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

You are correct westy66, now I have to find it.....my mind that is LOL.
Looks nice Cool

westy66 wrote:
ive posted my extra pieces from a German SO-44 bus that ive had for 20 years. i know some of you are going to lose you mind over the price, but it is what it is.... make an offer if you want it. I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Not sure about shipping yet.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307341

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

This SO42 table is on eBay I don't need it but someone else might. It's buy now for $199.99. Cheaper than what is currently posted.
eBay item number:264679544464
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vw-Bus-Type-2-Westfalia-C....l4275.c10

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

Early Bay, not split. Close match though. Thicker outside moulding and no ribbed covering on the pole.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

Understood, thanks.

srfndoc wrote:
Early Bay, not split. Close match though. Thicker outside moulding and no ribbed covering on the pole.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
ebuscopaulian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

found these bits in a local good ol boys wood shed! cleaned them up a touch and put a light coat of linseed oil on them. they're quite nice considering...all hardware in great shape!

i will not not need these...i do need an ice box door for my flip-seat though

pm or call 970.874.7610 (no text)

ebuscopaulian
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

Can someone please remind me of where this luggage trim goes. Came from an SO-42. Thank you.
Touch Nicks Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Traders Reply with quote

Looks like rear corner trim bud.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Page 47 of 49

Jump to: