Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 3 Demographics
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

What age group are you in?
21 & under
11%
 11%  [ 187 ]
22-30
23%
 23%  [ 405 ]
31-45
47%
 47%  [ 797 ]
46 & up
17%
 17%  [ 301 ]
Total Votes : 1690

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Demographics Reply with quote

Predator Jeep wrote:
50 and currently in central CA.

I’ve had 3 Beetles through high school and the military. Did all my own maintenance, belonged to a VW club in high school using the cover of my buddy’s Bug, have many fond memories in a VW. Now I’m a Jeep guy. Take the Jeep out almost every weekend and do Jeep stuff with Jeep people. Currently on my 5th Jeep.

Fast forward to what brought The Samba into my life…
My son is turning 16 next month, and of all the cars he had to choose from that mom was willing to buy him (‘73 Mustang Fastback, ‘68 Cougar, ‘63 Coronet), he chose a ‘71 Squareback. **DISCLAIMER There’s a bunch of fluff in the middle that I left out.

I feel honored for his reasons for the addition and to be the guy who gets to return this great little car back on the road where people can see it. It looks like the previous owner was almost done with a body and interior restoration. The engine runs and sounds great (currently FI). Little things here and there keep popping up, like cables being cut, kick panels that are super rusted, etc., but it’s part of why we chose an older car. Currently going through the front end brakes, suspension, ball joints, tie rods and repairing/replacing as needed. Next we’ll move on to the rear and do the same.

He can’t wait to drive it and I’m really loving the time that I’m getting to spend with him now. I never knew my son was a Motörhead and I think that’s rad! And my comment about having 3 previous Bugs in my life…. This isn’t a bug but it’s WAY cheaper than my Jeep! I’ll post pictures as soon as I figure out how.

Kids like the square. One of my kids wants one too. Since you are lucky enough to have a running functioning FI - My only advice is to learn it. It is your best friend and can make the motor sing, but know how it works and where to get replacement parts. Those subjects have been covered in detail in this forum up above and in the bay window forum - that uses a similar FI system.

Good luck, and welcome back!

Link

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dougefresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 3 Demographics Reply with quote

62 y/o. My Dad got into Beetles in about '66. I have memories of those cars. He had them the rest of his life. I bought my first car, 67 Ghia, at 16. Had one or more ever since. Deep into a 70 Fastback right now. I guess it's looking like somewhere between a fix up and a resto so far.

70 Fastback. Currently in elective surgery for BMW 2002 front brake calipers and Porsche 944 rears.

2001 Dodge Dakota, 273K miles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Jump to:
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: