Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Strictly Foreign - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: mark wolter
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 16, 2024
1sweet67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Strictly Foreign - [email protected] Reply with quote

THIS MATTER WAS HANDELED BY MARK AND MYSELF

Last edited by 1sweet67 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explain please.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need details.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1sweet67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: strickly fcked is what you will get Reply with quote

ALL TAKEN CARE OF .

Last edited by 1sweet67 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently having a 2180 built and can tell you if it were a "turnkey" it would cost almost twice as much.

The reason these people don't go out of business is because there's always new customers getting into VWs.

Read the following and make sure you understand it.

CHEAP - FAST - RELIABLE
You can pick only two.

"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

I suggest that you sue them in small claims court.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dre's ish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyer beware this company is a Joke Strictly Foreign Reply with quote

1sweet67 wrote:
He Just posted this ad Please Guys you will get the Shaft DON'T buy from him

You people really suck............
I'm one of Strictly Foreigns Vendors, and I believe that's its a real shame that a few people can ruin a companies reputation. I've looked and I haven't found anyone else complaining about SF engines. 1sweet67 and spdr514 seem to think that their opinions are gospel and we should all follow. Mark @ SF is always the first to voice his opinion on any sub par part. People have to understand that most replacement parts are no longer made by the original manufacturer and quality of products fluctuates. You can receive a top notch product on month, then the next, its completely different. Mark has been in business for over 20 years, if he made nothing but crap engines, do you really believe he would have lasted for that long. As far as his pricing, I guess you cant win for losing. Everyone on this Website has a love fest with Serrano's, which makes everyone else cut their prices to compete. The VW business is in real trouble.

Dre
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyer beware this company is a Joke Strictly Foreign Reply with quote

dre's ish wrote:
1sweet67 wrote:
He Just posted this ad Please Guys you will get the Shaft DON'T buy from him

You people really suck............
I'm one of Strictly Foreigns Vendors, and I believe that's its a real shame that a few people can ruin a companies reputation. I've looked and I haven't found anyone else complaining about SF engines. 1sweet67 and spdr514 seem to think that their opinions are gospel and we should all follow. Mark @ SF is always the first to voice his opinion on any sub par part. People have to understand that most replacement parts are no longer made by the original manufacturer and quality of products fluctuates. You can receive a top notch product on month, then the next, its completely different. Mark has been in business for over 20 years, if he made nothing but crap engines, do you really believe he would have lasted for that long. As far as his pricing, I guess you cant win for losing. Everyone on this Website has a love fest with Serrano's, which makes everyone else cut their prices to compete. The VW business is in real trouble.

Dre

Not sure what I disagree with more, the fact that we allegedly suck, or the fact that you think because some here like a specific vendor, and someone else has to "cut their prices to compete" that is a bad thing. Without competition, what do you have? I don't know "sweet" or SF, but the VW business (or any other for that matter) is in real trouble when people make bad products and thats all you have to chose from. Luckily we have plenty of vendors from which to buy motors. If SF is a stand up operation, then they have little to worry about from one post on a forum. If they aren't, then perhaps they should take heed.

Everyone has opinions. Yours is no more valid than the 1sweet67 guy. I'm sure he has some reason he posted what he did, just like you.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dre's ish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyer beware this company is a Joke Strictly Foreign Reply with quote

Quote:
Luckily we have plenty of vendors from which to buy motors.

Everyone has opinions. Yours is no more valid than the 1sweet67 guy. I'm sure he has some reason he posted what he did, just like you.

Sorry Kirk, but thats were you're wrong. There are plenty of Vendors, but not plenty of Manufacturers. There are only about five US based manufactures, the others are in Mexcio, Brazil, and very few in Germany. Further more the US manufacturers have their products made overseas usually in China. Thats the way it is. People have to understand that all of the vendors, in let say a Hot VWs Mag, are selling the same stuff. You as the consumer need to take reponsability because you actually dictate the quality, based on the price you want to pay. You cant shop at Serrano's because of price then complain about the quality.
Look back to the reason of my post, SF is a fair, and responsible company that puts out a great product. "Sweet67" already voiced the same complaint on another post, now he feels its his responsblity to comment on any advertisement he my see by SF.
1sweet67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: strickly fcked Reply with quote

ALL PROBLEMS RESOLVED

Last edited by 1sweet67 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyer beware this company is a Joke Strictly Foreign Reply with quote

dre's ish wrote:
Quote:

Sorry Kirk, but thats were you're wrong. There are plenty of Vendors, but not plenty of Manufacturers. There are only about five US based manufactures, the others are in Mexcio, Brazil, and very few in Germany. Further more the US manufacturers have their products made overseas usually in China. Thats the way it is. People have to understand that all of the vendors, in let say a Hot VWs Mag, are selling the same stuff. You as the consumer need to take reponsability because you actually dictate the quality, based on the price you want to pay. You cant shop at Serrano's because of price then complain about the quality.
Look back to the reason of my post, SF is a fair, and responsible company that puts out a great product. "Sweet67" already voiced the same complaint on another post, now he feels its his responsblity to comment on any advertisement he my see by SF.

I agree with you. You always get what you pay for. I wasn't siding with him, just saying that because he wanted to voice his distain for SF, doesn't mean we all suck. I don't know SF from you. Perhaps they are good. I hope they are. Our hobby market is already flooded with tons of cheap, disposable crap.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
oldvolksguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you're saying that the motor didn't run right....and you kept driving it?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you what I know of SF.

A few years ago a good friend called me and asked for help in installing a new engine he just bought. When I asked him who he bought it from he said he saw a big ad in Hot VW from SF and bought a long block. He had no real details except it was a 1776.

A month later the engine arrived with dual Kadrons, a 009 distributor and the usual aftermarket 36hp shroud and tin. The only tin with the engine was the shroud (no flaps, the 2 upper cylinder tins and the piece behind the pulley. I quickly learned that the rest of the tin was generally not included with a "turnkey" engine... no big deal.

The engine went in with no problems and started right up. We quickly found that the 009 was not advancing. I replaced it with my German 009 and finished tuning the engine. I called SF and they told me they would replace the 009 with another, after all it's not their fault. I then asked about what cam, heads, compression and other specs the engine had, they were unable to tell me. They said the cam was a Engle 100 or 110... couldn't say for sure. The heads were stock but not genuine VW. Compression and deck height... no idea. The replacement 009 arrived and it also didn't work right. But the 3rd one was fine.

I was a bit perturbed that there were no build specs, but the engine ran OK.

A month later my friend called again and said he bought a Freeway Flyer from SF. He told them he was replacing a tranny in a 74 Ghia. The send him a dual side cover with a 72 and down nose cone. It also had the earlier throwout bearing and no guide tube. So I swapped the nose cones, found a centering ring for the pressure plate and we installed the tranny. We quickly found that the tranny had a 4.125 r/p when a 74 tranny should have a 3.875. He was totally unhappy with 1st/2nd/3rd no being lower and 4th with the 4.125 r/p was about the same, so he wasn't able to cruise at a higher speed.

I called SF again and explained that he ordered a 74 tranny and they sent him a 69-70 tranny. Wrong gears, wrong nose cone and wrong clutch setup. He knew that the engine was a 74 since they sold it. When I asked about not getting a 3.875 r/p, they explained to me that that was a added cost option for the racers, even though he asked for a 74 tranny which should of had one.

My friend had me put the stock tranny back in and he tried to get SF to take the Freeway Flyer back, but since it had 500 miles on it they said no. So he now sits in the corner of his garage under a blanket.

The engine has about 4000 miles in 5 years and it's fine, but the tranny was a problem. The guys at SF seemed clueless about what they were selling and I for one was not happy with the answers. My friend John realized that it was part his blame since he didn't ask any questions before buying the parts. But part of the blame should be on SF.

There are custom builders
There are assembly line builders
And then there's XEG

I'm currently having a 2180 build. I'm paying a premium price and have asked many questions. It took 3 months to nail down the combo and pick the parts. The builder and I talk often about the progress and other issues.

CHEAP - FAST - RELIABLE
You can only pick 2

"You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
justnewell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let the complaints and defense stand on their own, however the "you people really suck" offends me. People here have freely passed their knowledge to me and countless others. dre's ish, you represent SF and as for my money you and SF will never have to worry about getting any of it until you retract that statement.
dre's ish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justnewell wrote:
I will let the complaints and defense stand on their own, however the "you people really suck" offends me. People here have freely passed their knowledge to me and countless others. dre's ish, you represent SF and as for my money you and SF will never have to worry about getting any of it until you retract that statement.

Sorry not not understanding, but I do not represent SF. I supply him with parts. In fact I supply almost every vendor you've ever bought from. So your threats are meaningless. I'm not trying to be a smartass about it, but this isnt about me. Its about one person who is unhappy, and wants to tell his same story, post after post. Its unfair for whatever seller to fight the same battle over and over. There are 2 people complaining here, three if you consider Glen's post.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why don't you just insist that the parts suppliers build a better product?

Most people are willing to pay more for better quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dre's ish wrote:
There are 2 people complaining here, three if you consider Glen's post.

I'm not complaining, just making an observation and relaying the facts. You can draw your own conclusion.

Also there seems to be another userid (jaykorson) that posts from the same exact IP address as you. And that person's post also claim to be "in the business" and only posted in a topic that was complaining about a vendor.

So are you the same person? and do you wish to identify yourself?

Also from your IP address I can determine that you work for XXXX. Which explains a lot of things.

Finally I suggest that you change your avatar since there already is another user with the same one and it might be confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, i've seen many users that are their wits ends and not about to get a vendor to stand behind their product as a last hope post their story here. And suddenly the vendor pops in and things get worked out.

If these vendors would just work it out before it gets to this point they'd do themselves a huge favor. Also i'm not a newbie and realize than many times the problem was due to the fault of the customer and you can't please everyone. but at least try.

I'm a firm believer that "You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get" so a customer should beware of overly cheap prices. But not all prices are too good to be true, Serrano does sell a huge number of quality parts at very low prices. So low at times that his competitors and vendors get pissed at him. The fact that a number of "mass produced" engine assemblers don't supply a build sheet is just a factor that the customer needs to take into account when purchasing a engine. And if there's a problem you might have to take the engine apart to figure out what's in it. That's the "you always pay for what you get" part of the quote.

Many engines are sold with "rebuilt" parts and you have to question the quality of the rebuild. There's XEG that takes mismatched case halves, mismatched rods and other parts and slap an engine together. There's "engine assemblers" that properly machine the case, resize the rods and use new pistons and they cost more. And finally there's custom engine builders and every part is inspected and if it fails it's rejected and these guys cost a lot more but... "You may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get"

Buyer beware... and informed.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the crate motors are advertised with Engle 110 and CB 044s. You have to make clear that these are NEW units...not stamped look alikes.

I tore down a GEX special 1776cc last year for a friend that was bought turnkey (NOT Cheap) and sure enough... stamped right on the cam is 110. It was actually a reground stock unit to the profile of Engle 110.

The heads were stamped 041s....but they were used 043 heads with stensils marked on them. Sure enough..the intakes were large and the seats were about 1/8 " too tall... sticking up from the chamber. What's the matter? They could not read the depth gauge on the mill? Very Happy

Advertisements these days are "teasers". One has to ask and confirm what you are getting are new parts...not rebuild look-alikes.

Glenn is right on the "parts assemblers". Engine builder does not interchange with the word.

And certainly NO warranty on strokers. So if you are going to have one built, go to the one you put your trust will do the best job. Might not be cheap, but you will be much happier.

Sorry about your loss.

Peace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tram
Samba Socialist

Location: Still Feelin' the Bern- Once you've felt it you can't un- feel it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyer beware this company is a Joke Strictly Foreign Reply with quote

dre's ish wrote:
Quote:

[/quote]

Sorry, but as soon as you start trying to convince me that "it's the customer's fault" that he spent money with you and didn't get what he was expecting, you lost my vote. Don't try to tell me that "what a customer wants" is going to set the benchmark of YOUR quality control. If it does, you're NOT an engine builder, you're a snake oil salesman.
Just from what I'm seeing here I would never buy a product from you because it's obvious that your customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Let me explain:
Every engine builder, regardless of who they are, is going to have a certain amount of failures... (except GEX, which has about a 5% chance of actually building a good engine.) It's just a statistical certainty.
Even if you only produce ONE "dud" out of 1,000 engines, the fact that you want to blame the customer when he gets a "dud" tells me that, if I happen to draw that unlucky card, I'm most likely just screwed because I'm not going to get any satisfaction out of you.
That's just a chance I'm not willing to take. From what I've seen on this site, Serrano basically makes it good if he screws it up. AND, I'm probably apt to buy from Serrano MORE for that reason than because of the "cheap" price. If the price alone dictates where you are going to buy your engine, then you need to find a cheaper hobby.
When you agree to sell a certain engine for a certain price and the customer agrees to purchase it, you are BOTH under obligation to fulfil that contract.

Bryan67 wrote:
Just my hands. And a little lube. No tools.

To best contact me, please use the EMAIL function in my profile
crazyguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: strickly fcked is what you will get Reply with quote

1sweet67 wrote:
How can anyone put a warr. of 2 yrs 24,000 miles on a stroker motor?
Mark is the only one that does and to date mine hasnt made it past 500 miles his heads are junk he will not stand behind his work he gives you excuses why n you end up walking away with Junk .I know first hand I bought a 2332 now when i ordered it i said to Mark CB 044 heads he sent me Mexican Crap with 044 stamped into them read the other replys on him you will see his a Joke .

you should be thankful for the warranty. when he builds the motor he uses all new parts. thats why. the warranty helps protect you from all this chinese crap parts empi and serrano, who buys the low grade components from empi, sells you.

they are hot tested to ensure good oil pressure. he stands up to the warranty when the papers are returned!!

someone who builds 20 motors a month for over 20 years is bound to have a bad apple here and there. it happens and it also has alot to do with the asshole behavior of a few customers, you know who you are, who dont get there way or misread the add, etc that makes all this look ugly. its called defamation of character. everyone understands these things happan.
ive owned a turnkey 2275 200hp motor in my westfalia for 3 years from him. ive gone from the west to minnesota and back towing a tent trailor on his motor and trans no problem. see so its not everyone.
some people just cant be satisfied or go apeshit. yes bad things happen. lets see how many companies have shut out serrano, ? hes been shut out of the la swaps , hes cutting the throat, and stepping on the toes of all major industry players.
crazyguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type 5 Joe wrote:
Really, don't drag Steve from Serrano's in here....He's Cool.

Get back on topic.... This guy is obviously from SF. He has not denied that.

An assembly of parts, advertised as a running engine with a Warranty is now a different Product. One that you have created, and are now 100% responsible for.

I bet you're name starts with an "M" ...... and ends with an "Ark"

You need to change you're sig to "I hate people who visit internet forums and learn about my shitty Quality, and how I advertise 044 heads that are fake."

- Joe Cool

Hey guys look. im 42 and will not play these games with you. everytime someone comes on here to say they got a motor from mark that does really well you bash him.

my name is Will. im just back from afghanistan. im now a retired disable combat veteran of the us special forces for over 20 years. i dont need your shit. ive been blown up and shot/. believe me you cant freakin hurt me.
just wanted to give another side of the story. i live in grants pass and know mark for many years business wise. nice try with the m-ark thing. if you want to take it further gentlemen we can do that to. legally you have defamed and slandered and have have stepped way beyond your 1st amendment rights. this is punishible civil wise by law. dont get up on me im just saying the facts. get over it already. ive bought and run many motors and trannies. while i will not say everything was perfect, i will say he is a fine motor builder. sometimes shit just happens get over it. move on. is this all you have to do everyday. this is my last input best of luck to you all.

respectfully
Will
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: