Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chadd Magee - ratlookvw - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ratlookvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Chadd Magee - ratlookvw - [email protected] Reply with quote

This guy contacts me saying he has a roof rack for my squarback and he'll sell to me for $300.00 including shipping. I send the money and I get a roof rack that doesn't fit. Turns out it is for a DASHER. Now he won't answer my e-mails or make any effort to make this transaction right. I tried to be nice about the whole thing, now I'm just out $300.00 and have a rack that is worthless to me. WHAT A JERK!! I'm not the only one on the west coast who thinks he's shady either! Wish I'da known this before I dealt with him. Buyer's beware!!!!
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried calling him? Chadd is on the road a lot, and doesn't always get back through emails quickly.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been going on for months. He has obviously had internet access 'cause he logged on this site dec. 27th.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried calling him? He answers EVERY time I've called him.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the point. if he was an honest seller he'd contact me. I'm tired of trying to work this out. He needs to admit he is wrong and refund my money!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email with this thread linked.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you all know, I hate resorting to something like this but I feel like I had no other option after being ignored and given the run around for soooo long.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in between coasts and he screwed me on a deal once, too. Confused This was when he lived in CA and went by GoBug. Search on 'Chadd' and you'll find a number of threads.

He wouldn't refund my money on a misrepresented part, but rather made me take other parts I didn't need at the time to "make up for it." As it turned out, one of the other parts was damaged, too.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there is room for negotiation between seller and buyer here, but to call Theif like that seems extreme in this situation.
Goods and money exchanged hands, looks like a mistake was made, but there is certainly responsibility on both sides. For the seller, he should be more responsive to the buyer. For the buyer, he should do the research before completing a transaction. A simple request to get photos and measurements prior to arranging shipment would have helped.
Type 3's are not a common as beetles.
I've seen major issues with the slight differences in racks between pre-68 and post 67 buses causing all sorts of confusion, for example.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Chadd Magee ratlookvw THEIF! [email protected] Reply with quote

bterwilli wrote:
This guy contacts me saying he has a roof rack for my squarback and he'll sell to me for $300.00 including shipping. I send the money and I get a roof rack that doesn't fit. Turns out it is for a DASHER. Now he won't answer my e-mails or make any effort to make this transaction right. I tried to be nice about the whole thing, now I'm just out $300.00 and have a rack that is worthless to me. WHAT A JERK!! I'm not the only one on the west coast who thinks he's shady either! Wish I'da known this before I dealt with him. Buyer's beware!!!!

This is similar to my experience. Chadd contacted me in response to a WTB ad. He said he had the part, described it as "cherry", yet when I asked for pictures, he couldn't provide any. He once agained assured me I'd get a "cherry" part. Against my better judgement, I sent off money. I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks and I then asked how things were going. It took a few days for him to get back to me and he said he had to find the item I needed, meaning he was looking for one in the area. Confused I suspect that he sometimes sells stuff without actually having it in his hands, then finds and buys the item, and resells it. This would explain why he couldn't supply pictures. It took a while for him to get back to me saying he had the item and would ship it. Of course, he shipped it to the wrong place and it took days for ME to track it down and get it in my hands (without any assistance from his end).

Disappointment is an understatement for what I received after all that. He ignored my repeated requests for resolution on the shoddy part he sent me and it was only under threats of creating a bad feedback thread that he contacted me.

His transaction is the ONLY bad one I've had here on The Samba.
'64 Kombi
'62 Beetle
'61 Standard Bus, Mango
RagsnBags65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought from Chadd many many times and never had a bad transaction. There are also a couple other people that sign in under his name to check his things while he is on the road so that may be why he was signed on the other day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: roof rack Reply with quote

You purchased a roof rack from me, I went out of my way to ship it to you via Greyhound, the only place that would take such a large item, and sent the clamps in a seperate package to insure they made it to you. we had many emails back and forth trying to figure out what the rack was, when it looked just the same as it was described to both of us. That is not a Thief, just to let you know. I sent the rack from FL to OR. Send the rack back to me, and I will issue you a full refund for the rack, shipping is up to you. Chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anniehum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had several interactions with Chadd. Thanks to him I am running my Turtlebacks on my car. I have found him to be very responsive and honest.
Cheers
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: cell phone Reply with quote

my cell phone is 863-381-2477 Chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in personal message, you will need to send me money first. It took you over a month to send the rack in the 1st place. I understand it is cumbersome but YOU were the one who offered the transaction not me. As soon as I get the money I will send out the NEXT DAY. How can I be expected to trust you will send money as it took all of this mess just to get a response out of you. I expect money within two weeks. Rack is already packed and ready to go.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in seeing the photos of the rack. If it's similar to Rabbit racks I have seen, it is immediately obvious in photos that it will not fit the Type 3 roof as it is way too low to clear the roof.

Did you ask for leg measurements?

It's very uncommon for a seller to issue a refund without product return. I would never do it. Good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I sent money before I received rack originally, why should I send rack before I receive money now? I don't want to get screwed twice! No one sends products out until money is received. I don't see why it wouldn't work that way in this situation. He wouldn't send photos of rack. His camera happened to be out of commission or so he said. He assured me it was for Type 3 square many times. I am the victim in this transaction and feel very mislead and mistreated. I put out the WTB ad. He responded with the $300.00 price including shipping. If he wasn't confident in the shipping situation or the specs of the rack he never should have responded to my ad in the first place. Once again, I just wanted a fair deal. Now he gets his rack back and I get my money all a HUGE inconvenience to me. (and him I suppose).

P.S. I even sent him pictures of the rack on top of my square showing how it didn't fit months ago. I have been trying to work with him on this for months and it took this horrible ordeal to get him to respond. Like I said before I just want my money back so I can be done with this.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only type 3 rack I have ever seen had to be bent and tweeked to make it fit. Did you try that?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it seems unreasonable from your end but no company that I have ever used will send you a refund without a return first so why do you think a private person would do that?

I'm not sure why I thought there were photos, sorry about that.

I don't know what went on in emails so I won't comment further.
bterwilli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess you win Chadd. There is NO WAY I am sending you the rack without my money back. After all this trouble you put me through you are seriously untrustworthy. Guess I'll try to sell it out here and at least I'll know what it is. I wouldn't sell it as something it's not like you did. I'd never pull a stunt like that. By the way when you sell something to someone it's not going out of your way to ship it, regardless of size. DON"T offer to sell something unless you are prepared to follow through.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: