Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chadd Magee - ratlookvw - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ratlookvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 18, 2024
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: happy to refund Reply with quote

I am more than happy to refund you $300 for the rack. I sent the rack in good faith that it was for your type 3, I have never seen another rack or known of one for another VW. I am very sorry it does not fit your car, send it back, once it is in my hands, I will refund you the money. That is the best I can do for you. Is there anything at all, that I can send you for your car for all your trouble? Maybe I can help you with another part or something else. I would like to see this end on a good note for the both of us! I really do try to help you and others with their VW parts needs.
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd great to kick it last weekend, if anyone needs a reference for chadd let me know.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: had a great time as well Reply with quote

Eric, had a great time as well! That campfire got out of control at times! lol see you at the next show! chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rusted Relics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of control is an understatemen!!! My son will never be the same. He's been in confession since we got back!!

See you guys soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
Chadd great to kick it last weekend, if anyone needs a reference for chadd let me know.
I saw Chadd at BBB as well and mentioned this thread. I wouldn't refund any money unless I recieved the returned part as well.
KombiMonster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd's a fatchick luver...

I've had a few dealings with Chadd...all have gone quite well...

*WANTED*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubmax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are my splitters Chad. Good meeting you at Havasu
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought a couple of H-wagen decals from Chadd -- great communication and quick shipping...

would have no problems buying from him again.....

thanks Chadd!

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gina
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: my experience with chad Reply with quote

I recently corresponded with Chad re: some "hard to find" curtain rods. After advising me that he had what I wanted, he didn't immediatly return emails regarding price and mailing address. When he did respond, he explained that he travels the country for VW parts and sometimes is unable to respond immediatly. The transaction then continued and I had my curtain rods within a week. No issues. If someone travels to get good parts.......................I'll wait for him to return..........knowing that I may someday need that part that he traveled nationwide to obtain. Thanks Chad. Ill always check his classifieds.
dubdup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: 1959 bus parts Reply with quote

Good dealings, all items were shipped to UK and as described. Many thanks Chadd!
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the NOS shock mount kit from him.would buy from again!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ssbn659
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading this thread and I have a question:

Has anyone heard of using an Escrow company? For high dollar purchases it seems to make sense to me. For a fee (usually small, I paid $125.00 when I purchased a car for $5000.00 and the seller split the cost so it was only half of that) the money is held by that company until the item is received by the buyer and the funds released by the buyer. If the buyer has a problem with the item he responds to the Escrow company AND the seller to work out a new price or resolution. This protects both the buyer and the seller. The seller knows the money is there because the Escrow company tells him/her when it is received and the buyer is protected because he/she knows that the money will not be released until he/she is satisfied.

Seems to me this makes a lot of sense. By the way I was NOT satisfied and negotiated a new price. Then I released the funds to the seller and the Escrow company refunded me the difference. (Though I wished I knew more about the car as I would have shipped it back and taken the loss on the shipping). Yes it does take a little longer but I think that it's worth it.

Just my $0.02 Smile
71 Plymouth Barracuda
6D2
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd has always done good by me with the things I have gotten from him.. I've seen him send parts out to someone on the side of the road just to get them back going and get the money from them at a later date. he meet me in the middle of the night to get me a replacement steering box for my bus when I smashed it..
The SBS #62

Red Hot Ad Specialties & Stuff...
Shirts and hoodies for shows or clubs.. we ship world wide...
www.pottymouthpromos.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksbugusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadd is an honest guy ,,,not to organized about his business,,but who is.

VOLKSBUGUSA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506947294919060
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
panscraper_deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssbn659 wrote:
Just reading this thread and I have a question:

Has anyone heard of using an Escrow company? For high dollar purchases it seems to make sense to me. For a fee (usually small, I paid $125.00 when I purchased a car for $5000.00 and the seller split the cost so it was only half of that) the money is held by that company until the item is received by the buyer and the funds released by the buyer. If the buyer has a problem with the item he responds to the Escrow company AND the seller to work out a new price or resolution. This protects both the buyer and the seller. The seller knows the money is there because the Escrow company tells him/her when it is received and the buyer is protected because he/she knows that the money will not be released until he/she is satisfied.

Seems to me this makes a lot of sense. By the way I was NOT satisfied and negotiated a new price. Then I released the funds to the seller and the Escrow company refunded me the difference. (Though I wished I knew more about the car as I would have shipped it back and taken the loss on the shipping). Yes it does take a little longer but I think that it's worth it.

Just my $0.02 :)

What's the name of the Co. BTW?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ssbn659
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Escrow.com.
They were good for the actual escrow portion but I would use someone else to inspect the vehicle if that was needed.
71 Plymouth Barracuda
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use his existing topic.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100677

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: