Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Never post anything bad about CB or this might happen.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I received
To: FASTBACKDON (Online)
Posted: Yesterday, 5:31 pm
Subject: Re: Gears
Yep, that's Me. Call me on Monday if you want. xxx xxx xxx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the Aircraft Industry I am exposed to tollerances and metals
I would have hoped that atleast in the Automotive Industry they could put half as much efort into parts or a quarter of the effort. My next post I sent to a friend once I sent my responce to C.B. I asked my friend not to share but I see now it is time to share it with everyone hate me or not I am being honest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FASTBACKDON

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is what I sent to C.B.

To: desertdirtbag (Offline)
Posted: Yesterday, 5:55 pm
Subject: Re: Gears
Thank but NO THANKS
I will NOT be using any CB parts. I had heard of problems you all had and had shyed away from you . AND TO BE 100% Honest. Steve and Steve alone assured me that all was ok with CB. He was the only one that did. So I trusted him and since I have decided to put the top of the line parts in this motor I can not afford to buy them all at once. So I buy them as I can and always from Steve since I live just a mile from him. He has always been upfront with me and I respect that. I am taken back that this issue with the gears has been around and C.B. has not posted that there may even be a possibility of a slight chance of an issue to me that would be GOOD BUSINESS I would have respected that from a Company such as yours. Remember when we where growing up our parents taught us honesty is the best policy. I hope that you can understand this it is just part of giving good customer service its called communication with the people that pay your bills. One last thing I am not a Steve guru I am a standard customer of his. I hope what ever so called behing the sceens issues you two have will be resolved.
Oh and one last thing it was stated by your sales rep that there are issues because steve sells for deep discounts and other sellers dont like that well tell them to get onboard the train VW'S are a hobby an expensive hobby and the other sellers sell the stuff for way too much so less people can afford your items. If they competed with Steve would you not sell more overall? YES THAT WOULD MEAN MORE OF YOUR PRODUCT OUT THERE...But to them we are cash cows ok so be it.
beetlecrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont blame steve for pointing out a problem or potential problem with the parts as its his reputation that is on the line when engines he built has a problem or starts having probelms in the future because of a possible faulty part, Should this have been kept quiet or privately between the two vendors? Well as a consumer im glad this is in the open so i can make the right decision if i were to make a purchase. But like someone said i think there might be more to this to make steve go public
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Steve knew about this back in November 22. You can read his original post on the CLF: http://www.cal-look.com/forum/index.php?topic=15848.0

He then didn't post again till January 3rd and that was because other members revived the topic. It seems he didn't come here and go public until the shit hit the fan. So don't think he did it as a public service. It was his way of applying pressure or getting back.

BTW... I've picked no sides. Just remember there's more than one side and a lot of stuff going on in the background.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Yea this first occurred back in feb Reply with quote

Yes this first occurred back in Febuary, but you need some time to find out if their is a real flaw or just a few isolate insodents. CB may have checked into the flaw issue and found nothing wrong, but that does not mean that their were not a lot of bad units laying on the shelf in parts stores that cam from a bad batch. I have bought parts from some venders in the past and was told the issue was fixed, but it was not they just wanted to sell the part so they tell you want they think you want to hear. I have known Steve sense we were 15 in high School together and we have been friends ever sense. Steve would not post with out some research first to find out if their was a real flaw in materials. It seem that a bad batch came from the company making them, but it may not be their falt as some company's send some work out to be done like heat treating them and that may have been done wrong, so Steve just wanted to let people know so they can check to make sure before using in an Engine so your motor did not break. Steve stands behind what he sells. beetlecrx Their is more to this it is about other vender not liking Steve selling items so cheap! Do a search in the forums for baned from bug in. They did not want him there as he was a treat because he sells so cheap. They also would not sell him a spot at classic because of this issue. Serrano's is one of the biggest VW Parts stores in the So Cal area with sales in the millions, so that is why other venders are scared of Serrano's because they can't compete with his prices. I bought a wide 5 lug disc brake kit with a 2 inch narrowed link pin beam with droped spindles for my 51 bug. I was told by a CB Sales Rep that it would have 0 offset and sit in 1 inch farth on each side. It did not the tire hit the inner lip of the fenders and I could hardly turn. It tured oy that the droped spindles are almost 1 inch wider than stock plus the disc breal kit I was out a 1/2 inch over stock. Thanks to CB and their great sales Reb I took the beam back out whitch cost me $2,000 for everything new plus $800 for BRM rimes with tires! I ended up putting a stock beam back in and selling the beam with less than 100 miles for $1,800 with BRM rimes for a total loss of $1,000 thanks to CB.

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
serrano
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better watch out Ben, CB doesn't like it when you post something negative.....Now you'll never become a dealer!

Word to all CB dealers......If you ever find something thats notright with any CB parts, just sweep it under the rug and never,ever,make it public.

Steve
www.L5VW.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Serrano's is one of the biggest VW Parts stores in the So Cal area with sales in the millions,

Millions ? Wow, way to go !
fastback1971
Samba Drummer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe noone could trace a problem with the gears to where it started. I used to work for a forging plant, and know several who work at Malle. Every shift, and every batch is stamped with a time signature, and the shift, lot number, sequence, etc. They would be able to contact the manufacturer/vendor, with a problem of this magnitude, and trace it down. If the problem was as simple as being too small, where was quality control? It appears someone didnt want to know, because now you have to narrow it down to how many, and which ones. Thats a huge paper trail, that could cause a million dollar snowball effect. But I do feel it was in poor taste to post such a huge problem publicly, on such a large forum, without trying everything to resolve the situation.

BTW, I have never done business with either CB, or Serranos.
Pierside Parts Unlimited
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the original post from Steve, Under the heading "CB Straight Cut Nightmare"

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:20 am Post subject: CB straight cut nightmare!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up....
We have had a few customers that have had CB straight cuts crack and now we had a motor returned to us that had been running for about 30 minutes before thats same gear cracked.

Were doing a tear down today to see what was damaged also.
Were out $510.00 so far with shipping and labor......
Beware....we switched to Magnum to avoid this problem.

Steve
310-533-8273
http://serranosvw.com

The way to post this would have been something along the lines of:
CB straight cut problems

Just a heads up....
We have had a few customers that have had CB straight cuts crack and now we had a motor returned to us that had been running for about 30 minutes before thats same gear cracked.

Were doing a tear down today to see what was damaged also.

I suggest measuring the id of the crank gear and making sure it is within the following ????.00 - ????.0000
If you purchased these from me please send them back for a full refund if you are concerned or have a set that are not within tolerances.

This an infomative paragraph, steves is just inflammatory and trying to get a rise from CB.

Semantics make a huge difference in every conversation and posting ont the internet, the semantics of his post was solely to cause damage to CB's reputation and rile up his disciples.

We have sold over a hundred sets and never had any straight cuts crack or break or not work in any way. They are tighter than we like but NONE have broken for us or have any customers informed us of a broken gear.

Greg
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a voice of reason and maturity, from a parts supplier that does a huge business (maybe he's "in the millions" as well, I dunno) in the SoCal area.
Congrats, Mr. Greg, I believe you "get it" Cool

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
spookymulder
Samba Proletariat

Location: I'm either at 95608, 97537 or 94708 only my CPA knows for sure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Dave said! Applause
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: