Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

24 hours @ Daytona @ the Rolex24
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: 24 hours @ Daytona @ the Rolex24 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Who's planning on coming?

Quote:
Grand-Am - Rolex 24 At Daytona
January 27 - 28, 2007

The 2007 Rolex 24 At Daytona, is a race featuring superstars from the worlds of sports car racing, NASCAR and open-wheel. This races' intensity billows throughout the infield 3.56-mile road course. It is a perfect battle between machine, driver and time. This race kicks off the 3 weeks of race action for Speedweeks at Daytona, with great racing, carnivals, car show and more.

The Champions Club - $325
Enjoy four days of sports car action in Daytona's historic infield, including two days inside the DAYTONA 500 Club as a member of the Champions Club. This exclusive package also includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, brunch on Sunday, garage access, an event program and more.

4-Day Infield / Grandstand / Garage - $80(must be purchased by 6:00 pm Thurs., January 25, 2007)

2-Day Infield / Grandstand - $40 (must be purchased by January 26, 2007; Gate price $50)

2-Day Grandstand Only - $30 (must be purchased by January 26, 2007; Gate price $30)

*Children 12 years and under admitted FREE with a paying adult.
**A 4-Day Infield / Grandstand / Garage ticket is valid for daily admission only; NOT valid for overnight stay unless purchased with reserved or general admission overnight parking packages.
***NEXTEL FanZone admission is included with Infield admission price.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/buy%5Ftickets/list%5Fof%5Fevents/
http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/documents/Rolex24Brochure07finalweb.pdf
m.pribanic, myself and dbl cab dave are planning on attending and watching the race from on top of our bus roof racks. camping is available in the infield.

lets make it a huge event and all park together Florida bus drivers!!
everyone that enjoys a good race and has a vw should come out for a fun filled weekend.

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@#$!, I'm new to Florida, and this is on my list of must-dos, but I have another commitment Crying or Very sad
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the Mobil 12 hours of Sebring in March. As well as various HSR, SVRA and ALMS races at either Daytona or Sebring. Additionally Road Atlanta is a fun track to camp and watch road racing.

I'll defenitely be at the Rolex and shooting to make the Sebring race in March.

My favorites though are the historic races.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ozzie
Samba Cone Slayer

Location: Bluffton, S.C. Living in the duality; a Grateful Skynyrd thang.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'll be fishing in Cancun. It would be a blast though.
Let me know if you make any of the Roebling Road events. That's my backyard.
KAFER-CUP 73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too far north, but I'll be watching/recording it on SPEED Ch.
I love that race Cool

Mark
ARR #18
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually make it to Roebling a couple times a year with PCA. As you probably know the track is closed to the public. Therefore, no spectators are allowed. However, I've seen several groups throughout the years there. The best was the Targa 66 group. They had many old school race cars. Jag D, Porsche Abarth, Carrera 6, several speedsters, BMW 2002's....I used to live in historic Savannah. You could always find my 356 and bus parked out front of my place on E. Macon St. Met many former Porsche and VW people throughout the years while washing my cars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteveVanB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. I'll be there, been goin off n' on for 15 years. I'll be in the infield, between turns 3 & 4 in my Vanagon!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: