Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glass etching; Sigla, Sekurit, etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisisw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: glass etching; Sigla,Sekurit etc. Reply with quote

Hi,

Just to revive an old thread. Does anybody sell the stencils of the old SEKURIT logo's?

I'm looking to etch this logo into my front windscreen:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks, Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MicBergsma
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: glass etching; Sigla,Sekurit etc. Reply with quote

Chrisisw wrote:
Hi,

Just to revive an old thread. Does anybody sell the stencils of the old SEKURIT logo's?

I'm looking to etch this logo into my front windscreen:

Thanks, Chris

I'm interested too... for my 67 bus with so many new glasses...
Instagram > http://bit.ly/2gHjIOV
Facebook > http://bit.ly/2Q9atMs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
viiking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: glass etching; Sigla,Sekurit etc. Reply with quote

I'd like to make my car as original as possible, but is this even legal and doesn't compromise any insurance?

AS2 for example is an American Standard and specifies what it is made of and where it can be used. Indiscriminately just stencilling a new code on glass may be incorrect and whilst you may know what its original construction is, the next person may not.

Note I live in Australia where state rules may be different, but my feeling is that it would not be allowed in our jurisdiction same as altering a VIN number to make someone believe that it is a different year to what it actually is.
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Glass etching; Sigla, Sekurit, etc. Reply with quote

Bumping- Does anyone know where I can buy a stencil of the Delog or Sekurit logo for glass?

I reached out to StacyZ who is selling the glass in the classifieds and he ghost me. I called Anthony at ISP and he doesn't sell the stencil. There is a new company selling etched glass in the classifieds but they aren't open to selling a stencil.

I also took my glass with Delog and Sekurit logos to two screen shops where one told me they couldn't scan the glass cause the VW logo and another told me they couldn't scan it cause the glass would have a reflection. Next I went to an engraving shop and they told me they would need it in a PDF form before they could etch it in.

If you know of a place that will scan and do a laser cut decal in So Cal, that would work too!

All help appreciated
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Glass etching; Sigla, Sekurit, etc. Reply with quote

Any digit head photoshop wizard should be able to grab the font from a picture and scale it as whatever type file you need. There are a dozen places online that will cut them for you, and many places will have a cnc plotter, you might find one locally.
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Glass etching; Sigla, Sekurit, etc. Reply with quote

esde wrote:
Any digit head photoshop wizard should be able to grab the font from a picture and scale it as whatever type file you need. There are a dozen places online that will cut them for you, and many places will have a cnc plotter, you might find one locally.

Thank you for the response Esde.

I've taken it to numerous graphic design shops and sticker shops which have all given me the Heisman.

I called Bob Koch again to see what advice he had and he said to reach out to Engraving shops. I called and stopped by a combined 5 engraving shops and was told they couldn't from all 5.

Anyone else have advice/ know someone/ have a stencil they would sell?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: