Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carrozzino
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

We picked up a bug and bus 1/6 scale Herbie toys. We did not get any manuals so we need a little help getting these going. I charged the battery and I can get the sound to play in both vehicles. However that is where functions Stop. The remote control has a four pin connector that matched the four pin connector on the bottom of the vehicular. I do have a cable that plugs into both connectors but I have no clue as to what it does. Would anyone have the original operator manuals that they would be interest in snapping a couple pic or scanning so you can email me me. We would really appreciate any help. Waiting to play with VWs inside

Thanks
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

KaeferModelle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Hello Carrozzino,

I have scanned the manual of my Herbie in a PDF-File. The size is about 5,3 MB. If you give me your mailadress, then I can send you the manual.

Regards

Nicki Blue Bug
Carrozzino
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Good Day Nick,

I just sent you a PM

Thank you
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Be warned that even if you have a manual- those cars are NOTORIOUSLY gremlin-prone. I'll bet more are sold out-of-box than Walmart sold MIB- because of the amazing number of store returns.
(and yes, I bought one of each) Cool

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
KaeferModelle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

What is the meaning of "NOTORIOUSLY gremlin-prone"? My translation tool couldn't help. Embarassed
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Those cars have a reputation for having bizarre electrical failures with no pattern and no two seem to do the same thing. Thank you China

On will turn only right while another will only back up. Another will not have working lights while another will have all lights but no action.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
KaeferModelle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Thank you for your explanations. I did not know about these failures. Luckily my Herbie works fine, otherwise I would have been very annoyed because of the price that I have paid.
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

KaeferModelle wrote:
What is the meaning of "NOTORIOUSLY gremlin-prone"? My translation tool couldn't help. Embarassed

"A gremlin is an imaginary creature that causes trouble in devices and systems of all kinds. During the Second World War, the term was used by British airmen to refer to ongoing trouble with aircraft in spite of mechanics' best efforts. Gremlins sometimes appear today in computer systems and networks."

Source: WhatIs.com

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KaeferModelle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Thank you, Blue Baron. Smile
Seanthing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

I have a herbie fully loaded rc bus 1/6th scale. I had one wire (small brown wire- i think connects to the on / off switch) break. Does anyone have a picture of the electric board / wires they can share (maybe I can trace the brown wire) or an electric schematic? any assistance would be appreciated. Also, any remotes for sale?
KaeferModelle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Seanthing wrote:
I have a herbie fully loaded rc bus 1/6th scale. I had one wire (small brown wire- i think connects to the on / off switch) break. Does anyone have a picture of the electric board / wires they can share (maybe I can trace the brown wire) or an electric schematic? any assistance would be appreciated. Also, any remotes for sale?

I can also email you the manual if you give me your email address. However, no electric board is shown. I'm sorry.
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

I bought @ 20 of those back when they first came out. A bunch went to fellow Samba members in Europe. And a bunch of them I converted into CrewCabs.

I had 2 that were dead out of the box. And a number of them had broken wires I had to fix to get full function out of them. Somewhere I believe somebody posted a Youtube video were they converted the motor or battery to make it work better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rubavdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can get the charger/cradle for the 1/6 Herbie Fully Loaded VW Bus? 9.6v 1600milliamp?
rknorthvt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

I just purchased one of these cars, it did not come with the remote or the manual, any information on these would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to try to get it working understanding the history of problems

I am, also, interested in acquiring related items

Thanks,

Russ North
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/6 Herbie remote control toy- looking for the manual Reply with quote

You can also consider placing a Wanted to Buy (WTB) ad in the toy section of the classifieds, Russ. Good luck!

Heinz Nordhoff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: