Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hubner Aluminum Engine Case
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Hubner Aluminum Engine Case Reply with quote

I did do a search and found only one post related to Hubner. Our shop uses IMC for many of the day to day parts. I suspect I need a new engine case for my 68 bus. I think it is cracked at the base of the oil cooler. I need to diagnose further. IMC lists a 043 101 025 AL Hubner Aluminum Case. The price seems fair and freight is free to our shop. Anyone have any experience with this case? Thank you.
Adventurewagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure the case is cracked and the oil cooler seals didn't just wear out. My 68 had one of the seals crack and it was awful to see all that oil just pump out straight to the ground.

As for Hubner, I've got no idea. Are you against a standard AS41 case? Maybe you could find a nice AS21 case somewhere, I bet somebodies got one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the engine back out to check the oil cooler area. I had just rebuilt the engine. It was a new cooler and dry. The oil seemed to be on top of the case. I replaced all 4 seals again and put it back together. Same problem. It figures it is my engine, but luckily not a customers. The reason I suspect the case, is years ago I went round and round with a similar leak. I intend to put some ultraviolet die in the oil and check again. I was just wondering worse case senario if it needed a case. I doubt I would go the route of a used one. Thanks
sharpmore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the engine will sometime crack at the cooler ears if pressure was not done evenly. if you have the cooler off you can sometimes get the crack to show up by heating the case with a torch, but if you work in a garage add uv dye to the engine, avail at napa. then black light and pin point the leak. imc tends to sell quality parts, have your service writer ask them what the track record on this case is.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: