Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BEST wheels for a buggy?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Thanks! They were fully polished with a clear powder coat for easy maintenance. Tom Iacoboni
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccm655
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

I know the wide whites aren't everybody's favorite. But the chrome reverse baby moon with wide whites was exactly what I wanted!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
JCockrill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Let me start by saying I am at a loss on knowledge of wheels and rims. Truly. I am finishing a build on a 1974 VW beetle pan with a 2015 Meyers Manxter body. I am keeping as much as stock as possible. The car will be a driver and not a show piece.

So - to the rims and a question! I have stock 4 bolt 15" 4 wide tires on all 4 wheels right now. Needless to say the rear visually appears to be lacking. Is there a 4 bolt pattern option for an 8" width tire not more than 28" tall that will fit on a stock rear end set up?

I love the white in color steely look of the rims. Is there anything out there that you know of?

My current build:

what rims I liked the look of:

[/img]
andygere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Here's a vendor that can widen your stockers. The four lug wheels have the slots, so you won't get true smoothies like the older wide 5 style you showed in your second photo, but you can convert your drums over to wide 5 (or use adapters), and the same vendor sells widened steel smoothies in the wide 5 lug pattern. I think the big domed VW hubcaps used on wide 5 looks much better than the flatter 4 lug style, but it all depends on how much work you want to do and what look you are after.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1470031
Manxdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1966149
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BaronVonYinzer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

I have 14" Keystone Classics on mine.. however I am finding it tough to find tires that arent going to kill me... It almost seems like it might be cheaper to go to 15 " rims, than try and get a mismatched set for mine.. it is running 245/60r14 out back and 245/70r14 up front, they are all Goodyear Eagle ST tires with the raised solid white letters.. which arent even made anymore.. (from what I can find) I cant even seem to find a same make tire with the raised letters like mine that has both sizes available.
Yaleiza07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

I used old Pacer wheels 15" with custom BF Goodrich tires. Those made the car. Really happy to see the finished product.
nederbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

OG Fuchs 6x15 deep six, 9x16 Turbo.[/url]
Manxdude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Love the Fuchs I have a set I am going to use on my Manx
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbum1 wrote:

What wheels are these ?

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Goshen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glasser wrote:
Those centerlines are hot!! Shocked

With the help of donmac and lostinbaja's pictures I decided to go with the steel chrome off road rims with caps. Very afordable!

Who makes this wheel ?

My '67 Split Window Bus project :
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=634144

My '67 Maserati Blue Oceano Bug Build:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541870
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spetey325
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Fuchs

Driftin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Weld Draglites
SNiC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
Rebuilding a 69 Towd. I want 8 spoke chrome 4 lug wheels. Been looking around and found a few on JBugs and Dan's Performance.......but I have been out of the dune buggy game for a while (25 years) and out of the loop... Where is the best place to purchase for quality and dollars for this type wheels?

And FWIW, I am open to other 4 lug suggestions....need 15 X 10 and 15 X 6

TIA
Randy
Wetstuff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Yale.. I'm only 6mos. late in seeing your posting, but I really like the way these look. Who would have guessed?!

Good ones. Jim
Manx #2614
cj92345
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

USA wheels
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

BaronVonYinzer wrote:
I have 14" Keystone Classics on mine.. however I am finding it tough to find tires that arent going to kill me... It almost seems like it might be cheaper to go to 15 " rims, than try and get a mismatched set for mine.. it is running 245/60r14 out back and 245/70r14 up front, they are all Goodyear Eagle ST tires with the raised solid white letters.. which arent even made anymore.. (from what I can find) I cant even seem to find a same make tire with the raised letters like mine that has both sizes available.

That is what I have too in BFGoodrich TA and no I cannot find replacement tires!!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

I found a pair of 225/70R 14 BF Goodrich TAs to replace my 245/60R 14s. Don't look as boss from the back but I am liking the RPM drop on the highway and they level the car up better. Slight increase in oil temp though and now to see if there is a mileage gain.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Hey guys! I stumbled on a parts 944 with Fuchs, 15 x 7 on the front and 15 x 8 on the back.

How do you think that would look on my Buggy?
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BEST wheels for a buggy? Reply with quote

Are there many wheels out there for a Manx for 4-lugs say 15x8 or 15x5? Is there a preferred lug pattern for a Manx or is it just preference. They are all so confusing. 4-lug, 5-lug porche and wide 5......ugggh.

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: