Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

I used 15" X 5.5" Bug wheels(aftermarket), but I moved them outboard. No beam shortening.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just an Idea that worked very well & they are now Trued-up, you would be surprised how "out of true" they were from the factory
FreddyWanKenobi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

New to all this so trying to figure out tire size. I a, working at putting multiple post together and somewhat have an idea but figure to ask to make sure I’m head in the right direction. Trying to figure out tire size for the front and back.

Rims: 15x5 AEW wheels replica Fuchs. No offset markings so don’t know tht info
Front: 3.5” lowered flipped spindles stock beam
Rear: 4”lowered freeway flyer straight axel trans 4.12

1964 deluxe bus

Since I can’t return tires I just want to narrow it down. Trying to avoid tire rub as much as possible but don’t want to go too small with the rubber.

Appreciate any help and yes I have been abusing the search bar for info.

Last edited by FreddyWanKenobi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

What rims, what offset front and rear?

Straight axle out back, or IRS conversion? Not sure what rear 4" means.

What year bus?

Need all of that info to get clear answers here.
FreddyWanKenobi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Updated the details I do t have an offset. Don’t have any markings on the wheels with that info. Will need to research to figure out those details.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

FreddyWanKenobi wrote:
Updated the details I do t have an offset. Don’t have any markings on the wheels with that info. Will need to research to figure out those details.

measure the distance from the mounting face (the surface that touches the brake drums) to the back of the wheel, and to the front of the wheel. that should show you how far the wheel goes outwards and inwards.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
FreddyWanKenobi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

The total measurement from lip to lip is 6.5” and from back the mounting plate to the rear lip is it 3 7/8”.
Colorado Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

I did not want to create a thread just for this question so i hope this is the appropriate place. 1 have a 56 pgsg with a 2 inch narrowed beam, stock wheels with a rancho freeway flyer, thing drums. I am redoing the brakes myself for the first time since lowering it about 5 years ago. i was told to order bus brake lines which i did, but are far too long. with the information given can anyone help me with which brake lines i should purchase. thanks D-
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Pull the hose off and measure the length, in mm. Then look around at VW bus, beetle and thing brake hoses online. Most will give the length in the specs. Hard to say what was used initially, since there are many possibilities.

Also, if the hoses are only five years old, they don't need to be replaced. Or maybe I read your post wrong.
Colorado Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. i needed to replace the cylinder and the shoes and i figured since i was underneath i would go ahead and replace the lines. Thanks again for the help!
D-
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Nabuko wrote:
Having had lots of help by all the pictures in this topic...here is my setup. This may be helpful for somebody else.

Wanting to go for fully original height, I have no choice but to lower because of the entrance in my garage.

Lucky it’s not a Westy! Wink

Black '65 Resto-Custom S Notch 2110 cc powered
original paint Pearl White '66 Westy SO-42
Allstate single-wheel trailer project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

2" narrowed adjustable beam and 3" drop spindles. CSP front discs.

- IRS rear with notched adjustable plates

-front rims- 4-1/2 sprints with 165/45 Nankangs
-rear 5-1/2" sprints with Bridgestone 205/70/15
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

richierich wrote:

Nice stance

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Mikee wrote:
richierich wrote:

Nice stance

Beefy rear tires, must be a tight fit. Looks great!
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Mikee wrote:
richierich wrote:

Nice stance

Thanks - I just want the rear down another inch

Quote:
Beefy rear tires, must be a tight fit. Looks great!

They're actually really easy to get off. Just have to undo the shock bottom mount and they come right out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
karl h
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

this is a type 1 rear IRS, is it?
86 Caravelle
04 new beetle vert
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

karl h wrote:

Yes
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
karl h wrote:

Yes

Was it a kit, bolt-in style, or is a custom setup that you built?
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
richierich wrote:
karl h wrote:

Yes

Was it a kit, bolt-in style, or is a custom setup that you built?

It's welded in. Theres a fair mix and match of stuff on the rear end
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Now with Fuschs. Same tyres to front on 4.5" but rears are now 205/65/15 on 5.5".

Last edited by richierich on Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

I gotta admit, I really dislike Fuchs on any car but a Porsche. I know I am pretty lonely on this side of the fence, but that's OK.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Page 58 of 60

Jump to: