Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I gotta admit, I really dislike Fuchs on any car but a Porsche. I know I am pretty lonely on this side of the fence, but that's OK.

Fucks are played out!😜
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I gotta admit, I really dislike Fuchs on any car but a Porsche. I know I am pretty lonely on this side of the fence, but that's OK.

I have to say, now I've put them on, I'm not sure I'm convinced either. I may get another set of Sprints. Have to see if they grow on me
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I have to say, now I've put them on, I'm not sure I'm convinced either. I may get another set of Sprints. Have to see if they grow on me

I realized that it may seem like I was shitting on your choice, and that isn't what I meant by my comment. Your bus is fantastic, and you should do what ever you want with it. I just shared my opinion.

I really liked the Sprints, and I like the Raders in whatever style they may come. Maybe try something else in an uncommon color/paint scheme?
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
richierich wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I realized that it may seem like I was shitting on your choice, and that isn't what I meant by my comment. Your bus is fantastic, and you should do what ever you want with it. I just shared my opinion.

I really liked the Sprints, and I like the Raders in whatever style they may come. Maybe try something else in an uncommon color/paint scheme?

Oh no, I didn't take it that way at all. I genuinely am not sure myself now I've got them on!! I kind of wish I'd gone with Gasburners. Thanks for the kind comment though
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

The Fuchs look good on the rear with a fat tire on it. Front has no balance between chrome and black, needs more tire. Sprint stars looked great front and back.

maybe look if you can find some Ro 80 wheels for the front?
https://www.facebook.com/390638634438278/posts/nsu...181333810/

Same basic look but more room for black. I think overall a better looking wheel.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
The Fuchs look good on the rear with a fat tire on it. Front has no balance between chrome and black, needs more tire. Sprint stars looked great front and back.

maybe look if you can find some Ro 80 wheels for the front?
https://www.facebook.com/390638634438278/posts/nsu...181333810/

Same basic look but more room for black. I think overall a better looking wheel.

Nah, I'm not into those RO80 things. The Fuschs have grown on me a lot now
AirBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Fucks are played out!😜

1000%

Cool

Bagged, Porsche steeringrack/brakes..IRS, T1 1915cc
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Has anyone run into any issues fitting original 5,5" sprintstar wheels ona bus with straight axle. Haven't seen a ton out there.

Thanks

Jake
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VolksNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

I'm close to making delivery of a full set up 3.5 inch drop front and rear for my 62 double cab by Wagenswest. 2 inch narrowed front beam. 5x130 Porsche lugs.

Question is wheel fitment. I have yet to find specific info on what wheel specs work with any drop suspension set up. Is this of any concern? I've read that it is.

-- My first choice of wheel would be a 15 or 16 inch Southern Ways Epsilon Mesh. Is there any variability on the specs for these, especially in the offset, and if so is there an offset measure I should be looking for if I can find a set? They are rare, right?

-- Second choice would be EMPI Cosmos... again 15 or 16 inch.

-- Third choice is good old Fuchs... 15or16inch

Thankss
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

interesting choices. Not sure how the Southern Ways mesh wheel would look on a bus. more of a BMW wheel, or JDM, of course.

The cosmos wheel i can picture.

the wheel diameter is probably not that important, diameter can be adjusted with the tire sidewall. width and offset is what matters.

i am getting the JDM wheel is a 3 piece wheel? if so they can make the barrels the way you want. Money talks, i guess.
I have seen a bunch of old JDM wheels rebuilt and even sized up in diameter. If you can score a set they can be modified to just about any spec.

here is an example: Barrel Bros in australia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSwSd3AlcY8

Vesta Strawberries. If you know, you know Smile

Uli

Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Fucks are played out!😜

You're never too old to play with Hot Wheels!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
pyrOman wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Fucks are played out!😜

You're never too old to play with Hot Wheels!

That looks fucking awesome! Thanks for changing it up.
don.ville Premium Member
Samba YardMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

You guys running rubber bands,
Where can you buy 165/45/15 tires now?

67 Standard 11 window How I Keep My Bus Alive
04 Jetta TDI Page (SOLD)
01 Mexican Beetle Hello Kitty Rescue (SOLD)
29 Ford Model A Rat Rod (SOLD)
2015 Audi A8L TDI Quattro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

i think e-bay would be a source. google shows them.

20.8 inch diameter, load index of 75.

Uli

don.ville Premium Member
Samba YardMan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
i think e-bay would be a source. google shows them.

20.8 inch diameter, load index of 75.

When you add to cart they are all out of stock.

67 Standard 11 window How I Keep My Bus Alive
04 Jetta TDI Page (SOLD)
01 Mexican Beetle Hello Kitty Rescue (SOLD)
29 Ford Model A Rat Rod (SOLD)
2015 Audi A8L TDI Quattro
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Colorado Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the best thread for this question, so please move/delete if necessary.

56 standard lowered with 2 inch adjustable beam, freeway flyer, stock wheels, fairly standard lowering job. I am considering raising the ride height and I was curious how high I could raise it? I am not expecting stock height necessarily but would like to see what my options are and I haven't really seen an example.
Thanks
D-
64 ragtop volks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

195/45/15 rears on 6.5 165/45/15 fronts on 4.5 , raised steering box, flattened rear cradle.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

^^^ What's your rear axle, front beam, and brake setup?
64 ragtop volks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

5" wagens west narrow beam, flipped spindles, stock bus drums, wide5 offset spring plates, bilstein shocks, straight axel with 4.37 and .894th, super beetle mainshaft. welded 3rd and 4th. stock bug drums. runs about 3400 at 55ish mph. cut 1/12" off bottom of cradle and boxed it in with strip of 3/16". rear bumper was allready torched for pea shooters, tons of ground clearance for stockish motor.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs. of tire, wheel, and suspension - Lowered Buses Reply with quote

64 ragtop volks wrote:
5" wagens west narrow beam, flipped spindles, stock bus drums, wide5 offset spring plates, bilstein shocks, straight axle with 4.37 and .894th, super beetle mainshaft. welded 3rd and 4th. stock bug drums. runs about 3400 at 55ish mph. cut 1/12" off bottom of cradle and boxed it in with strip of 3/16". rear bumper was already torched for pea shooters, tons of ground clearance for stockish motor.

Excellent info. This is exactly the kind of clear, concise and complete answer that folks coming to this thread are looking for.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: