Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Zarwerks - johnshenry - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: johnshenry
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a couple more sets of heater box j-tube repair kits. packed well, shipped quickly. thanks!
flyertim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56OvalRHD wrote:
John restored my SWF Flasher Relays for my 57 US Oval, and let me tell you they look NOS after his work, and better than that they function like NOS Very Happy

Very high level of craftsmanship on these items, I highly recommend John for servicing these units. He does great work.

mr. henry also restored my oval flasher. one week turnaround, well packed...also highly recommended!

my '57 rebuild:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369883
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
One eyed duck Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a restored '55-'57 SWF flasher from John - he does a great job on these - it looks better than new!!

Good communication, overseas shipping.........just highly recommended - thanks John!

Steve
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Beszczynski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Heater Boxes Kit Reply with quote

Hello!

I buy heater boxes kit.
I received in Brazil withou problems! Very fast delivery! Perfect Parts!

Thanks

Beszczynski
flyinglow94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traded type 3 shop manual for SWF flasher relay. Great trade! Would do business with him again. Thanks, John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another smooth, fast transaction with John. item well packed and arrived quickly. thanks again!
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Restored my groved semiphores and all I can say is WOW! John is truly a master at the details and his work is second to none.

His communication was also very good, I never had a problem contacting John. A true class act.

I would highly recommend John for all your semiphore restoration needs.
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having dealt with John in the past and knowing his reputation in the VW world I had no problem buying a '50 split window ragtop he had listed for sale on his word. John was upfront with the condition of the car and anything I had questions about he had pictures of for me to look at. He never tried to over-sell the car to me just straight honest facts. No need to do a cross country trip, just a couple emails and phone calls over a few days and our deal was done.

Once I got the car I couldn't have been happier.

John also went out of his way to meet with the hauler, paid to ship some extra parts to me to insure they arrived safely, and answered a few "after the sale" questions for me one the car arrived.

I wouldn't pass up another chance to deal with John in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnny main
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: swf's Reply with quote

i sent a few swf boxes down to john and he restored me a correct one for my 57, when i got it it was perfectly packaged and when i installed it it worked great!

i would'nt hesitate on dealing with him anytime great seller!

thanks and i look forward to more dealings in the future
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John emailed me to ask about some Bus parts he found.
Turned out I needed them.

Excellent transaction.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
von split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had John restore a set of SWF semaphore and received them yesterday.
They are fabulous! Johns work in absolutely first rate. He is very knowledgeable
And a great communicator. I highly recommend John and thank him for his great work.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John rebuilt one of the clackers on my 11G for me and it turned out awesome! I'll probably be sending the other to him in the near future for him to work his magic on as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ragged63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my heart tail lights, better then expected, payed on Thursday and received them today (monday). I could not be happier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great clacker resto by John. After the great work on the last one I sent in it's counterpart so I would have a matched pair that worked as they should. I was not disappointed!
LichtenR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought two restored SWF Brown bakelite flashers from John Henry at ZAR Werks. They were shipped very fast. The flashers were exactly as described. I installed them on my ’53 beetle and they work great. The core charge refund for my old flashers was also provided quickly. I highly recommend John Henry and ZAR Werks. http://zarwerks.com/ Would buy from him again anytime. Thanks a bunch!
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Top of the mark Reply with quote

Thank you for the bullet turn signal set, John. A pleasure to deal with you.
Happy Holidays ! - Gary
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all our fellow enthusiasts:

Zarwerks was started in 2003 by myself and Jim Bremer in Van Dyne Wisconsin. We were both restoring early VWs and found we often had to either fabricate or find an untapped sources for certain parts. We both enjoyed this challenge. But once we got something right, we never made just one of them, word spread and we decided to launch a website in March of 2003. We never expected to retire from our “day jobs” or had unrealistic visions about what Zarwerks might become, but we did try to grow the site’s offerings as we found new sources for parts and services.

Fast forward 10 years. Jim is the owner of a growing sporting goods, screen printing and embroidery business. I am a network engineer for a global Healthcare Electronics company. Both Jim and I are still hardcore vintage VW enthusiasts.

But our available time to commit to the Zarwerks brand has been fading, and in light of our commitment to reasonable and timely service, we have decided to close down the zarwerks.com website.

I will continue to provide 3 products/services to the hobby: Split Beetle wiring harnesses, ribbed and grooved semaphore restoration, and early 25hp intake manifold restoration and fabrication. These businesses have all been very good to me, and I have streamlined my processes for them and can honestly envision myself doing them in retirement. In recent years, the majority of my harness kit shipments have been to enthusiasts outside the US, something that I take great pride in. I will maintain ads here at thesamba for these product and services once the zarwerks website is shut down.

Other products we have supplied will no longer be available from us. I have a few sets of 25/36hp J pipes left, contact me if you want a set. Wolfsburg West is now making them, and knowing Tony Moore at WW for decades now, I am sure the quality is great. The battery hold down springs and clips are available from Stoddard Porsche, another outstanding business. I do still have quite a few of the early 8mm fuel tap disc/seals left and as far as I know, I am the only source for these today.

Zarwerks will continue to live on in spirit, and the pride we have in seeing so many of our products and services used in some of the finest vintage VW restorations on the planet. And while these old cars are so much fun to immerse ourselves in, I have learned that it really is the people in the hobby who make it what it is.

Zarwerks.com will shut down in mid February, 2013. I will try to post some of the informational content from the site here on thesamba at some point.

Thanks again for all your great support and happy new year.

John H.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwcooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice '51 standard wiring harness! Thanks John!
BeetleSaab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Zarwerks - johnshenry - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a restored SWF Flasher from John, and it is just beautiful. VWs are obviously his passion, and I would not hesitate to buy anything from him.
OTO29
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Zarwerks - johnshenry - [email protected] Reply with quote

Well received parcel perfectly restored sempahores, thank you.
High-quality work once again with many professionalism from you.
It is always a pleasure to deal in business with you.
Honest person whom I recommend gladly.
See you very soon maybe for new deals and good continuation.
Best regards
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: