Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWGlenn - [email protected] - Glenn Miller
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VWGlenn
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: VWGlenn - [email protected] - Glenn Miller Reply with quote

Glenn is a good guy to deal with. Fair prices, helpful and very responsive.
I would recommend him to all. Buy his stuff! Very Happy
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people don't know this, and I'll probably catch hell from Glenn for saying this, but if any of you are into the old EMPI stuff, Glenn was the official photo guru for EMPI "back in Ye Olde Dayes"
You want photos (B&W, of course, that newfangled color film wasn't being used much yet) of the Inch Pincher, when it was basic orange, no decals, 4 Rader wheels, the EARLY Inch Pincher? Glenn's got 'em. Want photos of the Inch Pincher at Riverside Raceway? Glenn's got 'em. That guy is THE EMPI historian.. and knew Joe, Darrell, Dean, the whole gang.
I also bought some German engine tin from him a few years back... real German stuff, straight as it could be, and VERY resonable prices, considering what you get for the price when you buy the new engine tin from someone that has it made in some offshore you--know-what hole.
I want to do a Vulcan Mind-Meld with that guy, and get all the EMPI info still stored in his head....

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Most people don't know this, and I'll probably catch hell from Glenn for saying this, but if any of you are into the old EMPI stuff, Glenn was the official photo guru for EMPI "back in Ye Olde Dayes"
You want photos (B&W, of course, that newfangled color film wasn't being used much yet) of the Inch Pincher, when it was basic orange, no decals, 4 Rader wheels, the EARLY Inch Pincher? Glenn's got 'em. Want photos of the Inch Pincher at Riverside Raceway? Glenn's got 'em. That guy is THE EMPI historian.. and knew Joe, Darrell, Dean, the whole gang.

Glenn is awesome. I have known him since '95 when I was travelling through the area in my bus and my voltage regulator took a dump. it was a sunday, and there was nowhere else to get parts. he had a new one, and totally helped me out. I have bought plenty of stuff from him since then. it is always fun listening to the stories about riverside in the '60s. he was selling some of his prints on ebay a few years back, and I asked him if he had any with buses in them, and the next thing I knew, I had a signed 11X17 of the empi singlecab with some empi drag bug in front of it. (I think it was called the "inch pincher"? Wink ) it is my all time favorite photo in my collection. he also showed me some photos of the inch pincher getting the logos painted on it. I am in awe every time I visit him. truly an old school VW master. he is the only person who I let rebuild the engines for my VWs.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard Roth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn is the best !
He even took me on a guided tour of Riverside Ca. pointing out where all the old VW shops were and of course the Empi buildings.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1966 Empi GTV MKIV
1954 Kabriolett Beetle
1953 Porsche 356 1500S
1957 Cable brake standard model
1962 cable brake standard model
1956 23 window Samba
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Corvair Greenbrier
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dcketh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my '66 rear engine tin today. Thanks, Glenn!
Downtown Brown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn Thanks for the History lesson at the Sat night bash before Bug in 32 (for a long time) . Bringing pictures AND telling who I needed to grab to sign them. Lloyd
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Downtown Brown on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloyd, that was a pretty damned special night, wasn't it? I think, of all the fun I had working for the magazines, that was THE most fun evening I ever had.. I still look at those photos of the "pre Bug-In Mixer" and reminisce...
That bullet fender is still sitting at the junkyard up here, lloyd. I'll probably go by sometime this week, and see if I can "abscond" with it

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
fuscavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had great experiences with Glenn. After selling him numerous NOS engine parts I happened to mention that I needed a nice '67 beetle rear bumper. Even though he owns at least a couple '67's, he ended up letting go of a near perfect complete bumper at a very reasonable price. I was left very impressed at how far he was willing to go to help out another enthusiast. I won't hesitate to hit him up again!
chambersc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Great to deal with Reply with quote

I ordered a Thermostat Bracket from him and it arrived quickly, in great shape, good price, and was exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot.
akokarski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn is great.

Thank you Glenn!

Anton
frank1380
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another satisfied buyer here. I had to register just so I could make sure he gets some good feedback and other's aren't afraid to do business with him.

I've been slowly aquiring parts to get my thermostat going and he's had the flaps and the thermostat mounting bracket. I got a good price on them and the condition of the parts has been INCREDIBLE. Please do not hesitate to do business with him. He's definitely one of the good guys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
linemanlj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the hoover bit today. Quick shipping and quality part.
Thank you
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a '66-only rear engine tin from Glenn yesterday. Quick shipping with FedEx tracking number provided. Excellent packing and he was very helpful in answering my questions before I purchased.

I would definitely do business with him again.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mafu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn had the part I needed at a fair price. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.
Thanks again Glenn.
moonbug65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: great deal Reply with quote

I ordered a 1966 air cleaner from Glenn. Delivery was fast, quality was excellent, and the price was a great deal. It even looked better then the picture.
ocdbeetle
Samba Optimist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a great Oil filler for my 67 Beetle today from Glenn...Shipping was fast and the quality was better than expected...
I just had a botched deal trying to get the "correct" oil filler with another seller but Glenn had what I needed and the communication was great! Thanks!

-Jim
lewis71bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second purchase from Glenn (ordered some OG engine tin from him about 1 year ago). Both times have been great and he's always fast to respond and he ships fast. He answered a lot of questions for me this time and I ordered a '69 type1 air cleaner, cooling flaps and thermostat. He didn't think he had the thermostat at first, but he dug around and searched until he found one for me. He included a set of instructions in the box for installing the flaps and thermostat, and procedures for aligning and checking them. Very knowledgeable and great to do business with. Highly recommended.
73 euro Bay camper (type 1 engine)
Jeff Geisen
Samba Chaplain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Glenn. Smooth transaction, I recommend this seller.

‘63 ragtop - ‘68 single cab
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had a great purchase from Glenn, bought a pair of cylinder heads and a Bus axle nut tool from him last weekend... great guy, and I only wish I'd had more time to hang out and visit! Thanks, Glenn!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pococansado
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: 40hp stale air tin Reply with quote

as described, well packed, fast shipping. perfect
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: