Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body Repair Panels? FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sloride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Any views on the rear corners from CIP1? I only need the lower section and see that gerson doesn't have any for a 1972. I'm guessing I might be better off just trying to find a used piece.

Here is the link

https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VNG%2D95%2D56%2D70%2D4

Link to the engine swap:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=565304&highlight=

1964 Ruby Red Beetle

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=705757&highlight=ruby+red
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

no personal experience mr C, but I can tell you the black corners I have used from Wolfsburg West have been pretty decent. unsure of anything above the 71 model year though

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

It's been a few years but the short black ones they used to sell were thin and didn't fit well, I see Schofields are black too, looks like the same part. http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_3696259-Rear-Corner-680mm-Right-7279-211813358RT.html , maybe someone has a review on those?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Sloride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I have the typical rust hole around the "mystery" hole in the rear valance and I'm debating making a piece or replacing the bottom of the corner.

I'm not sure but I think the 72 has a special bump on the corner to allow for the brackets that hold the bumper ends and therefore the corner I linked above would need to be modified anyway. Can anyone confirm?

Link to the engine swap:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=565304&highlight=

1964 Ruby Red Beetle

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=705757&highlight=ruby+red
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Correct, it's a mix of early and late corner. Maybe you can recycle that part of your original one?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

I would like to know too. I am about to order one for a 70. It says they are klokkerholm on the website. I figured for the lower corner, its not the end if the world if it doesnt fit perfectly. My main concern is that it comes up atleast 10inches to just below the tail light as that is where mine is rusted to
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
It's been a few years but the short black ones they used to sell were thin and didn't fit well, I see Schofields are black too, looks like the same part. http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_3696259-Rear-Corner-680mm-Right-7279-211813358RT.html , maybe someone has a review on those?

Keep in mind that Schofields use/used black primer on their stuff. They used a bunch of different primers throughout the years. If you have a question on it give them a yell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

I'm gonna say they are from the same manufacturer since the pics are identical.

‘60 Kombi - '74 Bus - '79 Panel - '65 Beetle
Rustahoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Hi new to fixing vws , did a full restored with my dad , eerrrr! 40 years ago Shocked
Have bought a 68 bay with the low indicators and curved ears,, and yes lots and llots of rust, have replaced most cargo area chassis ,and all outriggers , got these from Jk played a bit more for the preservation range , but have Had some fitting issues , started the sliding door , could only get a klockerhome inner bottom frame panel , which took a LOT! of "touching" but has worked , have fitted inner and middle sill on d\s , its a rhd & I mean the non door side,
Can't seem to find c or d pillars in UK Jk say they don't do because of cheap imports , but where ?
Also would like to know which rear arches are best fit , ah Schofield's look good , and the cross member I got from them fitted really nice
Thanks in advance , will post a thread with pics as soon as I can
While I think on from doors not too bad but would like to know if a bottom inner frame section is available anywhere , good leads for a rottisery , would prefer to just buy 1 used is OK , so I can just get on Very Happy Trevor
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

I don't have answers for the prior post's questions, but a deer impact on my left front during last evening's commute now has me thinking about a partial or full nose replacement. Just wondering wich panels you all would recommend (not sure that Gerson has this one availabl). I did see this listing on the Bus Depot site (an establishment I can drive to):

http://www.busdepot.com/9556200

Many thanks in advance!

- Doug Smile
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Bummer!

I am also in the market for a new nose or two. That one you posted a link to has the raised emblem, as done by VW do Brasil. There is a new one from Schofield, though, without the raised emblem mount:
http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_3276054-Front-Panel-Smooth-7279-211805035JBQ.html

I have not tried it, but I am interested.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

beetlecrx wrote:
Hoping someone can help me out with some info, I bought a cargo floor repair section from cip1 and its a piece of junk, doesnt even match the original floor (tor part is wider) does anyone sell a 2 part complete floor or a better match floor repair section, any help would be much appreciated. also does anyone gas tank support braces , also does anyone make a complete door in good quality, any help would be much appreciated
Joey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

beetlecrx wrote:
Hoping someone can help me out with some info, I bought a cargo floor repair section from cip1 and its a piece of junk, doesnt even match the original floor (tor part is wider) does anyone sell a 2 part complete floor or a better match floor repair section, any help would be much appreciated. also does anyone gas tank support braces , also does anyone make a complete door in good quality, any help would be much appreciated

Did you read the description efore ordering the part?

"This panel has the correct corrugation for MOST late model Buses 70-79. The VNG-95-55-75-0 measures 2 1/8" (54 mm) from the centre of one rib to the center of the next. We have found that there is some variation between the later years of Bus. You should pre-measure before you order. The For earlier model Buses - use part number TAB-401-700."

Bus Depot has floor halves...

http://www.busdepot.com/j11765

http://www.busdepot.com/j15025

‘60 Kombi - '74 Bus - '79 Panel - '65 Beetle
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

beetlecrx wrote:

"This panel has the correct corrugation for MOST late model Buses 70-79. The VNG-95-55-75-0 measures 2 1/8" (54 mm) from the centre of one rib to the center of the next. We have found that there is some variation between the later years of Bus. You should pre-measure before you order. The For earlier model Buses - use part number TAB-401-700."

Learned something new today.
Thank you
Tcash
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
Bummer!

I am also in the market for a new nose or two. That one you posted a link to has the raised emblem, as done by VW do Brasil. There is a new one from Schofield, though, without the raised emblem mount:
http://www.alanhschofield.com/ourparts/prod_3276054-Front-Panel-Smooth-7279-211805035JBQ.html

I have not tried it, but I am interested.

John, I contacted Schofeld and, as expected, they admitted that shipping on an entire nose would be ridiculous. The last time they checked it was going to be something like GBP 700 for shipping along, which sounds right given that it cost a bit more than that to ship my SpaceRoof kit from the UK.

Since I don't need the full front skin, perhaps I'll go with the raised center skin that's more widely available or buy some good original metal (have a good contact for one now). I'll get the metal repair section but also give the dented nose a try with some newly acquired body hammers and dollies (any links to dent repair info that you all like would be most appreciated).

- Doug Smile
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1967250s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Metal bumping on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W3mJJbnwNg&list=PLm--k4URdfHaINW7bmB2rJwMMfnTqoG3v
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Frame Body Parts Diagrams and Dimensions Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
Does anyone have the key to these diagrams?

(nice exploded parts listing)

Not yet, but I'm about to get a bay collision estimate catalog in the mail. Binder full of parts breakdowns. I'm not sure if they list part numbers but there is a key to all the diagrams. I will upload 'em to the site and PM Tcash when they're online.. hope that doesn't violate some obscure VW copyright... eye roll

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

You are in Falls Church. We've watched many episodes of Fantom Works. They seem to do pretty good sheet metal work and paint on budget. You might see if they are interested in working on the project.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Frame Body Parts Diagrams and Dimensions Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
hope that doesn't violate some obscure VW copyright... eye roll

screw them. besides, they won't have any money left for a lawsuit after the tree huggers get done with them Laughing

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
ChipWrecked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

DougB wrote:
I don't have answers for the prior post's questions, but a deer impact on my left front during last evening's commute now has me thinking about a partial or full nose replacement. Just wondering wich panels you all would recommend (not sure that Gerson has this one availabl). I did see this listing on the Bus Depot site (an establishment I can drive to):

http://www.busdepot.com/9556200

Many thanks in advance!

- Doug Smile

I've bought two noses in the last three years.
I attempted to buy one from BD as they were fairly local. I figured I could save the shipping fee, as I could pick up "Will Call". They said they would still need to charge a $200 s/h fee to absorb their freight cost. I ordered from another site. This month I ordered another nose, this time from CIP. Free shipping and sale $350. The CIP one arrived with some minor shipping dents Mad Both noses were made by same Brazilian co with raised emblem and high lights. I took me about 8 hours to covert to low light last time. Although the pressings fit well, keep in mind that the new metal is of thinner gauge then OEM.
http://mysonsvw.com/?m=201302
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 41

Jump to: