Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Body Repair Panels? FAQ
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Proper cargo floor cross member Reply with quote

beetlecrx wrote:
I have a 1970 bus im restoring and trying to find out the proper cargo floor cross member, i order some from cip1 that stated was for a 1970 bus u shaped but it is different from the ones im removing , any help would be much appreciated

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
do you need the I beam or the top hat? those are the only 2 styles for the cargo floor

beetlecrx wrote:
right now it has the I beam, did 1970 models use either i beam or top hat, does it matter which one goes in If both were used in that model year, im replacing all the beams and the floor

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
top hats were front and rear, I beam in the center, I think there is 3, 4? I would have to look at the bus and count them
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Autocraft enginering parts? Reply with quote

beetlecrx wrote:
Has anyone bought autocraft enginering Complete doglegs , if so what is the quality , would prefer klassicfab but they are out of stock and who know when they will be in stock again
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

I have not used it, but I have been to shows and held there products in my hands. It's nice and heavy, not flimsy like Klokkerjoke. I cannot attest to fitment though. I have used tons of Gerson/Klassic Fab metal. If I needed a piece KF did not produce, I'd buy Autocraft.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
I have not used it, but I have been to shows and held there products in my hands. It's nice and heavy, not flimsy like Klokkerjoke. I cannot attest to fitment though. I have used tons of Gerson/Klassic Fab metal. If I needed a piece KF did not produce, I'd buy Autocraft.

How about these Brazilian VW ones?
http://www.busdepot.com/9556312vw R
http://www.busdepot.com/9556311vw L
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

There has been discussion about Brazilian buses having a thinner gauge metal than the Euro ones. Klassic Fab is the same gauge as German and since Autocraft is manufactured over the pond I would think the same. Not trying to diss the BusDepot, it's just my train of thought.
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: confused on rocker panels Reply with quote

beetlecrx wrote:
i have a 1970 bus( LHD) and need to replace inner and outer rocker panel including rail the cross member weld to on non cargo door side, im looking at busdepot for the parts, so i need inner and outer and siding door track on cargo side, on the non cargo side i need the inner , and outer , and the rail that they weld to .. if so i cant seem to find that rail on the website, any info would be much appreciated
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Inner rear quarter stiffening ribs source for '70 crew? Reply with quote

nynone4 wrote:
Looking for some help in finding a specific replacement body part for a 1970 crew cab my father is having redone. Does anyone know where to find (or even what the "official" part name is) the panel stiffening "ribs" that run vertically along the panel that has the gas door stamped in it? If you have a crew cab, and look back into the "treasure chest" area underneath and behind the rear seat while standing at the third door, it's a square u-section that is attached to the outer panel and runs vertically from the inside of the bed floor to behind the inner rocker assembly.

What would this piece be called - and where might I find a replacement? It doesn't *look* like klassicfab or bus depot have the part... but it's tough to tell from the drawings online. Calling wasn't a lot of help either....

I'm hoping to get to the bodyshop yet this week to get some pics of what I'm describing...
nynone4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Inner rear quarter stiffening ribs source for '70 crew? Reply with quote

Tcash wrote:
nynone4 wrote:
Looking for some help in finding a specific replacement body part for a 1970 crew cab my father is having redone. Does anyone know where to find (or even what the "official" part name is) the panel stiffening "ribs" that run vertically along the panel that has the gas door stamped in it? If you have a crew cab, and look back into the "treasure chest" area underneath and behind the rear seat while standing at the third door, it's a square u-section that is attached to the outer panel and runs vertically from the inside of the bed floor to behind the inner rocker assembly.

What would this piece be called - and where might I find a replacement? It doesn't *look* like klassicfab or bus depot have the part... but it's tough to tell from the drawings online. Calling wasn't a lot of help either....

I'm hoping to get to the bodyshop yet this week to get some pics of what I'm describing...

Just quoting this so hopefully I'll get the notification if there's a reply...
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Phone Gerson, that channel is the same as was used in panel vans on the long panels as well as a few places on every bus and truck. At the very worst any competent local sheet metal shop can whip that up on thier brake in minutes, bring donuts (or beer if it's Friday afternoon).

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Anybody have a source for early bay lower a-pillars?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7641724#7641724
babysnakes wrote:
I bought lower A pillars from Schofield, nice stuff.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Good luck
Tcash
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: T2 Repair Panel Pictures Reply with quote

Repair Panel Pictures
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Here is some news. I was talking to Gerson at the No Dough show a few weeks back. He is planning (working on dies now) on producing correct early and late noses. No, I didn't stutter. He also will be making a generic cargo floor, one that will fit all years, but just not all the year specific stampings, just the basic corrugation and seat hold downs. Sometime at the end of this year or early next.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

New noses would be fantastic. I need two Type 2b (highlight) noses right now, and can't find anything worth buying. But if he's going there, I'll keep waiting!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

figured I'd share some recent finds stumbled upon in search of panels to repair some krust on the krustykamper.

http://www.busdepot.com/j11289 didn't even know this existed. Not on their sheet metal diagram either. Found it while searching for the fender skin under "wheel arch" Supposedly "OEM" piece tho we shall see if it comes with the coveted VW/Audi sticker on it.

and this:
http://www.eisparts.com/EIS-5510.html
someone in another thread found it and reported back that it was a quality piece. Since the funky green versions have dried up recently I got one and I concur it looks pretty good. They ship quick too.

Will update this post with results when the verdict is in.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
THall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with the EIS parts late bay rear corners?

I'm looking to have mine done next spring.

http://www.eisparts.com/EIS-5670R.html

http://www.eisparts.com/EIS-5670L.html
Yarkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

has anyone had any luck with these?

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-211-809-501-D

supposedly, they are "THE BEST" according to CiP. I read an earlier thread that mentioned they were made by:

http://www.musclecargt.com/gtlab/index/2

but noone had actually bought them, AFAICT

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771024&highlight=
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Well if CIP1 says they are, they must be.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Body Repair Panels? Reply with quote

Yarkle wrote:
has anyone had any luck with these?

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-211-809-501-D

supposedly, they are "THE BEST" according to CiP. I read an earlier thread that mentioned they were made by:

http://www.musclecargt.com/gtlab/index/2

but noone had actually bought them, AFAICT

wow, if they look as nice in the photo I would order them....and tell CIP I would shove them square up their ass if they came in looking other than the photo.

honestly, the lines are clean and not all nasty like the Danish shit....yet the description says Danish...so I wonder if the boosted a pic and what you get is the klokkerholm garbage

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Tcash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Baywindow Bus Body Repair Book (manual) Reply with quote

Baywindow Bus Body Repair Book
thnx to jerseylooker
http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/BaywindowBodyRepair/BaywindowBusFrameBook.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Page 36 of 41

Jump to: