Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

3foldfolly wrote:
jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:
If Sean Spicer sold vintage VWs:
"This is simply a beautiful 1956 Oval Window Beetle. It is 100% original, has every piece originally there and everything works perfectly" Rolling Eyes
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2037572

What does that even mean?

I wondered the same, but it's in the whine section, so it probably has something to do with being overpriced lol.

The seller is misrepresenting this car as 100% original and asking an inflated price as if it were. He is marketing this car with a dishonest statement. I guess if your going to lie you might as well lie "bigly".
Things that are obviously not original:
engine
hub caps
hood crest
seat upholstery
door cards
rear apron
rear deck lid spring
later model dash grab handle and who knows what else not visible in these photos

Most of the cars on here are listed as super original and they're not.
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:
jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:
"This is simply a beautiful 1956 Oval Window Beetle. It is 100% original, has every piece originally there and everything works perfectly" Rolling Eyes

I wondered the same, but it's in the whine section, so it probably has something to do with being overpriced lol.

The seller is misrepresenting this car as 100% original and asking an inflated price as if it were. He is marketing this car with a dishonest statement. I guess if your going to lie you might as well lie "bigly".
engine
hub caps
hood crest
seat upholstery
door cards
rear apron
rear deck lid spring
later model dash grab handle and who knows what else not visible in these photos

How many oval window ads have you seen that describe the car as 100% original and aren't equipped with a 36 hp engine? This guy's not stretching the truth here, this is an outright lie.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

3foldfolly wrote:
jays58s wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:
jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:

engine
hub caps
hood crest
seat upholstery
door cards
rear apron
rear deck lid spring

How many oval window ads have you seen that describe the car as 100% original and aren't equipped with a 36 hp engine? This guy's not stretching the truth here, this is an outright lie.

My point is that he's not the only one doing it, a lot of people are listing cars as original and they aren't.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2037653
Might work for a 52-57, maybe just correct for 56-57? Not right for an early 55 and down
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

3foldfolly wrote:
jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:

engine
hub caps
hood crest
seat upholstery
door cards
rear apron
rear deck lid spring

It sounds like he is saying it's original paint too?

I don't think that is true but is it even Reed Green?
Reed Green example
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This car

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:
jays58s wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
3foldfolly wrote:

engine
hub caps
hood crest
seat upholstery
door cards
rear apron
rear deck lid spring

It sounds like he is saying it's original paint too?

I don't think that is true but is it even Reed Green?
Reed Green example

This car

Must be one of those "post truth" "alternative facts" Samba ads. Wink
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Here's another example of an overpriced car that's so far from correct, it's not even funny.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2011419
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Yeah, that's pretty bad...seats, fenders, tail lights, bumpers (for supposedly Euro)...no freaking door panels and they want $27500
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
Yeah, that's pretty bad...seats, fenders, tail lights, bumpers (for supposedly Euro)...no freaking door panels and they want $27500

This one isn't much better, especially on the price.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Has anyone else ever seen a Beige oval with black taillights, 17" Porsche replica wheels, no carpet, no floor mats, and no firewall insulation from the factory? Lol

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2038391
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

For a blast from the past I would encourage everyone to go back and read the first few pages of this thread. I'd jump on some of those parts deals! To think we where bitchen' Surprised
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Has anyone else ever seen a Beige oval with black taillights, 17" Porsche replica wheels, no carpet, no floor mats, and no firewall insulation from the factory? Lol

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2038391

"Unmolested oval." With lowered suspension, replica Porsche wheels, repainted, no window trim, etc. etc. This is "Completely original"?? Mad:
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2039147

Rolling Eyes
12/62 French 11 Window Bus
Wedge VW
Pandraggers C.C.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Did they even have locking T-handles back then?
JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

'OG' or 'original paint' is sooo overused and is rarely the case in so many of these ads. Faded and resprayed in the 80's and 90's is not original paint...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

Yes. The birth certificate for my '54 lists option M 094: "Lockable rear flap handle."
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Danka. Cool
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

Yes, my original owner '56 had one.
As far as I know it was there from new.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

Yes, my original owner '56 had one.
As far as I know it was there from new.

The '53 oval I'm restoring right now came with one as well.
TheVintageVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

what do you guys think? it sits on a 56 pan....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2039471
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 110 of 161

Jump to: