Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Not a 56' hood....and really, $650?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2236986

Is it later? I'd like to move it to 58-67 if it's not a pre-58 hood
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Yes, it's a 58' to 60' hood. 56-57 hoods don't have the ribbed reinforcement wings attached to the hood hinge mount.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Yes, it's a 58' to 60' hood. 56-57 hoods don't have the ribbed reinforcement wings attached to the hood hinge mount.

It’s actually 59-60, 58 hoods are the same as 56-57.
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Pearl White & no evidence of witches hats makes it an early '61.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Thanks, I moved it and sent him the info
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

$18,500?!!!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2229112

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Take off the dumb ass numbers, copper hubcaps, and headlight eyebrows, switch up the asking price to 8,500 and he may get some interest?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
Take off the dumb ass numbers, copper hubcaps, and headlight eyebrows, switch up the asking price to 8,500 and he may get some interest?

My thoughts exactly.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
djfordmanjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

the pimp stuff I don't like either, but not a bad car. presents nicely and has lots of features. Maybe 18.5 is just a tad high, but not totally out of this world. Times have changed, guys. Today it would cost you way more to build an Oval that way with new paint inside out, interior done, discs, lowering and all. Although not a show car, the wiring, plumbing and interior looks very tidy!
That said, I used to buy ovals for 2k-5k about 10 years ago but those times are over.

52 Barndoor DLX Coachbuild project
55 Wolfsburg panel project, og paint Taubenblau L31
62 Dickholmer, custom color Seeblau L360
63 1500 Notch, og paint Rubin Rot L456
67 1500 Käfer, og paint Lotus weiß L282 w/red interior
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

I think that car looks fantastic as is.

But I wouldn't buy it for anywhere near 18.5.

And I would remove the eyelids/brows/whatever.
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

It’s a late oval and some wear and tear...I bet he’d be lucky to get $12-14k

Check out my 54, complete resto, original metal...$20k is what I sold it for. Granted I did lower it and install Weld wheels vs normal VW options. I had much more than that in it and I did all the work minus paint.

People that will pay $20k+ for a classic car are few and far between, and most would rather spend $20k+ on a muscle car. Decent 60’s mustangs are found for $18-25k...Camaros are a bit more.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2243615

Tail light placement is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. So, most definitely not original rear fenders. What else is wrong? That's always my 1st thought. $88k? Good luck!
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

motofly196 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2243615

Tail light placement is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. So, most definitely not original rear fenders. What else is wrong? That's always my 1st thought. $88k? Good luck!

And I’m no expert, but that doesn’t look like a batwing steering wheel...
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

It's a Standard, so the steering wheel is correct. Should have wing-nut front seats (no slide tracks), no exterior trim, no headliner, ect. $88k for that is crazy! Even half that would still be too high.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

The ad description says “batwing” steering wheel
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Got me there...see, when ads are too wordy I just look at the pictures. Just like in school...
66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

For that amount of money, it should include the speaker blank off

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

People are crazy...even half is way too much

motofly196 wrote:
It's a Standard, so the steering wheel is correct. Should have wing-nut front seats (no slide tracks), no exterior trim, no headliner, ect. $88k for that is crazy! Even half that would still be too high.
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

I think $4K would be a hard sell WITH the engine and centerlines.

Are people really paying this much for a oval shell?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2247184
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

No
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 125 of 161

Jump to: