Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
my56samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Somehow that homemade hacked decklid doesn't look that bad on the car. It's still not worth more than a couple hundred at best IMO.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2269456
28 PCI carb for $25

Could be a decent deal even though it looks like a few parts are missing

But
Quote:
flat rate envelope 8.95 shipped anywhere in the U.S.

Woah there, pretty sure you can't put a carb in a flat rate envelope Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hylomatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1962988

What does unmolested mean, really? I guess it means whatever the hell it needs to mean.

It's possible that the use of the word molest allows interpretation. In this context, it figuratively implies abuse, harm, or violation. That seems like a word selected to be used outside of it's original context so as to allow subjectivity in it's usage and interpretation.

I say we stop using the word "unmolested" and start using "unmodified". I think this would remove the ability to weasel a meaning that is inaccurate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

hylomatt wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1962988

What does unmolested mean, really? I guess it means whatever the hell it needs to mean.

It's possible that the use of the word molest allows interpretation. In this context, it figuratively implies abuse, harm, or violation. That seems like a word selected to be used outside of it's original context so as to allow subjectivity in it's usage and interpretation.

I say we stop using the word "unmolested" and start using "unmodified". I think this would remove the ability to weasel a meaning that is inaccurate.

I don't know... it is not the worst example of the use of the word and the seller does expounds on what is there.

To molest and abuse is what they started doing to my current project before it got parked in '72. "Hey, this new muffler is hitting the apron!" No worries, just cut some slits and bend the metal up. "Hey, I can't get the rear fender bolts out!" No worries, cut this side with a saw (marks of saw cutting on one side) and on the other just rip it through the metal. "hey, we are hitting stuff up front because we are driving like morons!" No worries, we'll bend this two pieces of metal, bolt them to the front beam and rig these other pieces of metal to bolt to the front bumper.

Not to mention the half an inch of tar from driving in some recently paved road (while the asphalt was still steaming hot no doubt) and all the petrified oil that dripped from the head covers that suggest 0 attention to maintenance. I guess 46 years parked outside also counts as abuse and molestation...
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
28 PCI carb for $25

But
Quote:

You can. you wouldn't want to, specially when there are small flat rate boxes for that, but you certainly can as long as the flap closes.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

don1357 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
28 PCI carb for $25

But
Quote:

You can. you wouldn't want to, specially when there are small flat rate boxes for that, but you certainly can as long as the flap closes.

True, you can do it but that would be a really bad idea, it probably wouldn't even make it there intact. Carb. or packaging both.

I was annoyed recently when someone sent me a plate frame like that and a plate frame is flat and fits nicely.
No extra packaging on the frame, just stuck in there loose.
I was sort of surprised it didn't get cracked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2242508
No comment.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Matching numbers? (but has no motor) I guess the match is pan and vin... but $6K with a wrong interior and ruff body?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2270332
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Such a steal at $2,750. Rolling Eyes

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

eBay link.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

I've tried to buy a few things from this seller. He relists items several times with the same pictures, even though the original item sold. Seems pretty shady to me. So the steering wheel price doesn't surprise me at all. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

His feedback is... poor.

I doubt I would buy anything from that seller unless the price was low enough to offset the risk.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

this has crappy bumpers on it, a gold generator wheel... for that price?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2271352
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:

The body colored painted steering column,bracket and turn signal switch is a deal breaker for me..
That's one of my peeves on a VW.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
bwaz wrote:

The body colored painted steering column,bracket and turn signal switch is a deal breaker for me..

I'd just expect a primo restored car (accessories or not) for $50K
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:
bwaz wrote:

Exactally !!! Wrong rear apron also.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
bwaz wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:
bwaz wrote:

Exactally !!! Wrong rear apron also.

........but it has trophies. Maybe you you over-looked that. Wink
⨴⨵--⊗--⨴⨵ 𝕊ℙ𝟚¹⁹⁷³
𝟵_𝟭_𝟰¹⁹⁷³
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
No comment.

You should have made a comment.... $4k for barebones seat frames? Did he forget to post the picture of the rest of the car that comes with them?!

My favorite part:
Quote:
NOTE; "I don't barter" on my prices....!! If your interested, Fine....!! If not, Thanks for looking.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

Saw half a dozen of these for $25 each at a swap yesterday
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2227240
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

$25,000....!!! Really??

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2270017
Keoki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Ovals and Oval parts thread Reply with quote

don1357 wrote:
bwaz wrote:
No comment.

You should have made a comment.... $4k for barebones seat frames? Did he forget to post the picture of the rest of the car that comes with them?!

My favorite part:
Quote:
NOTE; "I don't barter" on my prices....!! If your interested, Fine....!! If not, Thanks for looking.

Perhaps you should do your research before reporting back here to get an idea of the market...!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Jump to:
Page 129 of 161

Jump to: