Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lost title problems?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Lost title problems? Reply with quote

I've already run a search, but no luck! Maybe I'm doing something wrong! My question is that I bought a car and don't even know the title holder or his name, with this situation how do you obtain a title without swapping pans? Any one in Texas dealt with this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Joel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
r39o
Samba Polizei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I always do is contact the police. They will let you know if it is stolen or not. After that, it is a matter of going to the DMV with a complete paper trail for the car and then filling out a statement of facts. Pay your money and hope for the best.

There are other ways that will "clean" a tittle but, I understand these things are being contested )protested?) by some states DMV.
Okrasa-Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are title service companies, you can check in Hemmings. I had good luck with one but beware, they might not work where you live.
bro2539
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Deans Title Service in Fort Worth. I used him and everything went perfect. 817-829-1557
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 1952 zwitter that i found in a barn in PA ... it had been there for 36 years and no one new where the title was or how to get one so i used this title service and got a new title for it ...

http://www.its-titles.com/index.htm

i live in maryland and they dont accept a bill of sale for a title and told me that without a title it was impossible so i went this route and had no problems ... only cost me about $ 125 or so ... good luck .... hope this helps
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this was the place to post this question! You all have been very helpful, thanks for the input!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bought a car that didn't have a title? Shocked

Don't do that next time. Laughing

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
joel55bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I bought a 1959 Euro Ragtop for $100 and the the Semaphores and complete ragtop assembly are there! So I could scrap the car and still make money, but the #'s in the chassis and the body match and I believe in saving these cars not sending them to the grave!
lee70airbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
hell, nice find
Torbay
You laugh because were different,
We laugh because your all the same
CheapBusForSale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 58 bus about 6 months ago without a title and I went to my insurance agent and had a Bond made out on it which ran the #'s to make sure that everything was ok. And I was told by my agent that "that was all I had to do in order to get a new title"....But what he didn't tell me was that in order to get a title with a bond the van has to be operational...which its not. And after it is operational again then I have to have a DMV inspector come to my house and check it all out. So don't go that route, because Its a pain in the ass. And if my agent told me all this before I paid him a hundred bucks I never would have done it.
DrDarby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used "ITS" as stated above many time always with good results.
GB2S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in possession of the car? If so, you can get the forms from the DMV for a storage lien. It can take a few months. (gotta allow for legal respnse time). Follow the instructions EXACTLY and you should be fine
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: