Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

René R. wrote:
1952?? Confused eBay link.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

that backwindow looks gnarly, and what volksair said, its not a Zwitter. rear window job on a 56-57 bug
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
FRK Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm......! 🤔

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2179329
50 11A
49 11
48 11
RVA Car Club
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Scam ad, this person was banned
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2136951

6mm Zwitter fuel reserve, missing the long tube and ridiculously priced.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

was I imagining things or did I see a sunroof '52 zwitter for sale today for only $20000 in good condition - looked again at the classifieds a short while later and the ad was not listed...
hot sale or scammer?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

finster wrote:
was I imagining things or did I see a sunroof '52 zwitter for sale today for only $20000 in good condition - looked again at the classifieds a short while later and the ad was not listed...
hot sale or scammer?

Scam ad, they stole the pics from an ad on oldbug.com for a car that was like $50K
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

At least this seller realizes that there isn't much there. Is there anything a split person would want? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2182318
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:
At least this seller realizes that there isn't much there. Is there anything a split person would want? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2182318

its a cable brake chassis, with a OG front beam. Im sure there is somebody with a 52 standard on an IRS chassis titled as a super fat chick that would like to put there car back to more OGness as it does have the numbers and plates?
would that not add value to there car, turing it from a hacked up split super fatty to a real Split window?
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Porsche904
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2184781
really? 18k Shocked Laughing
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

I saw that and it seemed crazy to me but then I realized I have no idea how much it's worth.

What's it worth?
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Really? No paint or interior? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2131554
Porsche904
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I saw that and it seemed crazy to me but then I realized I have no idea how much it's worth.

What's it worth?

its worth what buyer will pay:-)
...not really into KdF parts but maybe 5k
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:
Really? No paint or interior? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2131554

with a whole lot of wrong parts. $15K for the right buyer who wants a split-zilla. Been for sale a long time, waiting for the right buyer with deep pockets I guess Wink
oldsplitvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:

Yeah I really don't want to be a jerk, but $42.5k for what the seller describes as a "gutted body" with a later pan and a bunch of later parts, when you can pick up this badass 50 for essentially the same price, or CHEAPER with no wheels or engine:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2170289

I think we need a Fight Club-style mantra for posting ads. "The first rule of posting on samba: did you check existing ads to formulate a price point? Second rule of posting on samba: did you check existing ads to formulate a price point?"
Porsche904
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2187828
Shocked
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

this is one of the most ridiculous sales-pitch ads I've read in quite a while. 1600 engine/late trans and 15" wheels are more desirable than a 25hp/crash and 16s? I don't think so.

70 grand for a hodge podge standard missing pretty much all of the valuable and unique parts? ooooookay.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2191054

Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

So they re-located the coil to sit right by the exhaust?
So it's like a coil heater?
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

and is that the oil fume hose going into the fan housing...that coil is classic - oh look there's a hole in this bit of tin ware that the coil can sit in, yay!
having just read the whole ad - am I right in thinking 1600 engine and cable brakes... Shocked
55bundt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

I believe Lenny provided the seat material but a highly doubt he would completely forget how to install them. That rear seat bottom and front seat backs are installed by someone who is good with slip covers...The whole car is BS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Oval front seats too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Page 136 of 157

Jump to: