Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Anybody seen how straight this 1943 Kubel is? All metalwork appears to be perfect. As good as the reproduction bodies made in the Czech Republic! We're told that the chassis and running gear is original, along with the ID plate. Funny that there is no mention of the bodywork.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2214749

Last edited by Martin Southwell on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
Anybody seen how straight this 1943 Kubel is? All metalwork appears to be perfect. As good as the reproduction bodies made in the Czech Republic! We're told that the chassis and running gear is original, along with the ID plate. Funny that there is no mention of the bodywork.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2210706

I think you mean this ad
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
Anybody seen how straight this 1943 Kubel is? All metalwork appears to be perfect. As good as the reproduction bodies made in the Czech Republic! We're told that the chassis and running gear is original, along with the ID plate. Funny that there is no mention of the bodywork

It’s a factory new quality restoration done by one of the very few who truly know what they are doing when it comes to kdf restorations. While it may have some new panels it’s soul is still there and it is in no way a repop body.

There isn’t a kubel in existence today that hasn’t had some form of metal replacement repair performed. so to pick apart another kubel for having new panels installed really doesn’t matter.

I love seeing his work turn up and am glad to see him turn out another one.

EverettB wrote:

I think you mean this ad

Thanks Everett. That’s the one I was referring to as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Martin Southwell wrote:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2210706

I think you mean this ad

I don’t understand this part of the ad, “Not year correct but its matching# engine where it came with back in 1943.”
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Sorry, yes, I put down the wrong ad details by mistake, having come across the wrong one when looking through the blog. Now rectified!

I have a 43 Kubel, and yes, I've repaired bits here and there over the years, especially the wartime damage, and bits of rust, but there is no way it could ever look like the one in that advert, no matter what I did to it.

Mine still has metal stretch marks on the original doors, plus imperfections here & there, and when people look at it, I apologise because it doesn't look like some seen at shows, & I normally receive a reply stating that they like mine better, as it looks like it has actually had a life. On the other hand, I have many people asking me if the vehicle has been built from a kit, to which I always reply, that if it was a kit, would I have gone to the lengths of putting ripples in the doors?

It's a minefield out there these days for those who want to buy a Kubel, and I can think of at least one person who has bought a nice 'original', at considerable expense, only to find that there was nothing wartime on the vehicle at all. If thinking of buying a Kubel, do some homework, and get some advice from somebody who knows what they are talking about 1st, especially as we are generally all too willing to help.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2214602

Seller says all the pieces are there, but one key piece is missing.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Porsche904
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

BEWARE...these are old bus stop buttons Shame on you , ...and seller knows that
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2216681
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

well, the fact that he is advertising them as split bug/barndoor aside, anyone with a brain would not use a STOP button when the button is to START.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^^ might be a good ant-theft device though... Wink
geneL3c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Would they be stop button for an industrial engine with magneto ?
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

so much blah, I don't know where to start!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2218011

splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

"nut and bolt restoration"

It's a custom but anyone notice anything wrong with this split's trunk?

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

um...everything
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^^^

Ahh! My eyes!!

Confused
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of "storage marks" if it's nos!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2224947
Oliwer Lorenc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

I found this oil can for sale anybody know is it original? For me it's looking weird but maybe.

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

^^ I suspect it is just a can with a copy of the cover of 'dein kdf wagen' booklet pasted onto it. I would expect an official VW product of that era to have the label stuck on straight!
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

finster wrote:
^^ I suspect it is just a can with a copy of the cover of 'dein kdf wagen' booklet pasted onto it.

Exactly my thoughts!

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jonnyla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Pretty sure this is a post 60 quarter panel with the flat inner wheel well top. 59 and down have a wheel well that follows the arch of the fender.

Maybe 60 and down does and not just 59, it’s been awhile.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2241601
56TIMOTEO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Late bumper mount and provision for hood spring
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Page 139 of 157

Jump to: