Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: eisparts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 16, 2020
Luftcooler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected] Reply with quote

Anyone dealt with EISparts in LA.Ca yet....I couldn't find any feedback for them.
Thank;s Luftcooler..... Wink
AlanInMass54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had gotten some wheel cylinders for my 54 Bug from them, very good prices and they shipped pretty fast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Luftcooler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Alan....... Wink have a good week dude!
pandanom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to order 10.00 worth of stuff from them and the shipping quoted online was 55.00 express or 31.00 ground. I emailed them about it and asked for priority mail and never got a response. Naturally, I did not complete the order. No Sale
Luftcooler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's man...that's interesting! Confused
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all the glass for a 56' bug from them. They charged a $30.00 box charge for the glass,and it was worth EVERY CENT of it.The box was filled with that expanding foam stuff,completely surrounding the glass. When the FedEx guy brought it into my shop,he had it up on his shoulder and slammed it down on the floor! Had it not been packed so well,there's no doubt in my mind that I would have had a box full of busted glass. The glass was priced right too.I would definitely buy from them again.
Paul

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vntgvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: www.eisparts.com Reply with quote

Before I tell you about my dealings with EIS (Econo International Supply) let me tell you a little about myself. Over the years I have owned about a dozen VW’s. I currently own a 67 convertible (my first car bought in 1980) and a 73 Squareback. I have not been active in the hobby for the past 7 or 8 years and I am just getting back into it now that my son is driving and showing an interest in the old Volkswagens. Since these cars have not been out of the garage in years, they need some work before they can be driven. I’ve checked out the feedback left on this forum for some of the vendors and decided to place an order with EIS. I went to their web site and placed an order for a pair of front calipers that they had advertised on their site for $69.99 for the pair and also for a set of brake pads to go with them. This order was placed on Friday, June 29, 2007 and an email was sent to me confirming the order. On Saturday, June 30, 2007 my credit card was charged for the order. This morning, July 2, 2007 I received a phone call telling me that there was an error and that the real price for the calipers was $149.99 and that I would have to pay the difference. I told them that they had accepted my order and charged my credit card so they should honor the price. They told me they would not ship and they would cancel my order if I would not agree to the new price. They also told me that their prices are subject to change and they did not have to accept my order. I told them that this policy was not stated anywhere on there web site and that they had already accepted my order by charging my card and if they did not honor their end of the transaction I would post this here. They then told me they were refunding my payment and canceling my order and if I posted this here they would sue me for defamation of character. They have since changed the price of the calipers to $149.99 and added that their “prices are subject to change” to their site.

P.S. I offered to split the difference with them but their response was that this is not a swap meet.
AgentB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: www.eisparts.com Reply with quote

vntgvw wrote:
They have since changed the price of the calipers to $149.99 and added that their “prices are subject to change” to their site.

Considering that nobody lists new calipers for less than around $70 each (a fact I'm sure you're aware of), I'm guessing the listing on their website was obviously a typo...should have been the price per caliper, instead of a pair. Insisting that they should have honored the listed price is like a vendor saying they won't take a return on an item a customer wound up not needing because, well, the customer already bought it and once you buy it, it's yours. ALL listed prices in print ads and on the internet are understood to be "subject to change" by reasonable people. The fact that people need to see that in big bold letters is why they now make Slinkys out of plastic instead of metal Smile
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the larger issue is that the customer can go somewhere else for their parts. If you get a call from a vendor who says, "just so you know, this is a per part price and our website was wrong. We're fixing the site, but we're going to honor our advertised price"

I will be going back to that vendor! I had that experience with CIP1 and wolfwest. And got nothing but crap and static from BFY and WCM.

There may be substantially fewer sources for VW parts now as the industry contracts, but the survivors will be the ones who offer the value add of placing the relationship with their customer and their reputation above the very short term gain of a slick sale.
AgentB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webwalker wrote:
I think the larger issue is that the customer can go somewhere else for their parts. If you get a call from a vendor who says, "just so you know, this is a per part price and our website was wrong. We're fixing the site, but we're going to honor our advertised price"

I will be going back to that vendor! I had that experience with CIP1 and wolfwest. And got nothing but crap and static from BFY and WCM.

There may be substantially fewer sources for VW parts now as the industry contracts, but the survivors will be the ones who offer the value add of placing the relationship with their customer and their reputation above the very short term gain of a slick sale.

Most here would agree with you, there are plenty of places to get a lot of the stuff we need. In the case of the calipers, if I had been the seller, I personally would have split the difference with the customer. Part of the problem on that transaction may have been that the vendor and the customer just clashed from square one. The "honor the price or I'll post on the Samba" tactic is just hokey to me. If EIS had pulled a bait-and-switch on the customer, that would be one thing, but this issue seemed like an understandable mistake. My original point was that the listed price and the actual price that everyone sells the part for were waaay different, obviously something was messed up with the listing on the website, anyone with common sense would realize that if they did any comparison shopping at all. Just my opinion (probably in the minority) and has nothing to do with the "larger issue", but just my 2 cents.
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you this.. they sell Lowlight Ghia tailight lenses that they CLAIM are "OEM Quality, no repro stuff" Whatever that means.... its either OEM or Repro!! They are cheap re-pops that have been siliconed together...... yes.. silicone.. 10 minutes worth of bulb heat and the lenses fell out... it wasnt even High Temp silicone!

Just a note.. OEM have Metal Bezels and these have plastic ones... so these are full on re-pop.

On the other hand... their windshield was spot on and looked good. Excellent packaging too. I would certainly buy windshields from them.

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live a few miles from this place..I can tell you this much I have never dealt with them but it's an old small tin warehouse in a shitty neighborhood and I drive by there all the time. I don't think they sell to the public but I've always been curious to stop and ask.
Aiko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

52HoffmanSplit wrote:
I can tell you this.. they sell Lowlight Ghia tailight lenses that they CLAIM are "OEM Quality, no repro stuff" Whatever that means.... its either OEM or Repro!! They are cheap re-pops that have been siliconed together...... yes.. silicone.. 10 minutes worth of bulb heat and the lenses fell out... it wasnt even High Temp silicone!

Just a note.. OEM have Metal Bezels and these have plastic ones... so these are full on re-pop.

Similar thing happened to me with these lenses. Purchased a single lens for a 57 Ghia over a year ago. Something isnt right with the mold that was used because these are very narrow concave radius top and bottom compared to OG and when I was tightening the screws on frame, it immediately split due to it being made of plastic. The silicone also popped the lens away from frame right away. I ended up finding a good used one for a decent price. I've had no other dealings with them but realized that I should have just been patient and waited until a good solid used one popped up. BTW, the OG lenses are much heavier in weight too due to metal frame and more solid construction.
cfvwtuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the summer biught a few things from them. Quality was poor.
They even sent me a broken taillight lense. I sent numerous e-mails to them, they replied with questions that didnt apply, like they had no idea what I ordered.
When I finally narrowed it down for them they fell off the planet.
Will never do busniess with them.
Now they are spamming the classifieds and not staying in the vendor section where they belong
BUGTHUG
Samba's Rented Mule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: eis Reply with quote

Mixed bag, I have placed several orders from them and they were all shipped pretty quick. The one problem I encountered was the 10gal, gas tank. The ad said it was black powdercoated,but when it arrived it looks to me to be black paint with no primer on the bare metal, and the tank came from Brazil. I was thinking it was suppose to be US made. Other than that all the other stuff seems to be ok, plus I got two sets of mud flaps free with my orders. : Smile
BUGTHUG
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, didn't know about the mixed reviews before placing some orders. I ordered some Danish Thing inner rocker skins and got them in a timely manner. They feel sturdy enough.

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update: I also ordered a 16-gallon gas tank. It turned out to be painted, not powdercoated. I discussed this with them and they've changed the ad. Kudos. Smile

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
regalasr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 VW wrote:
I live a few miles from this place..I can tell you this much I have never dealt with them but it's an old small tin warehouse in a shitty neighborhood and I drive by there all the time. I don't think they sell to the public but I've always been curious to stop and ask.

Hey man, represent for Cypress.

I called ahead of time and made an appointment to pick up a part that I ordered and the manager went out of his way to help me. I have ordered a few things from them, nothing major, my vendor of choice is Wolfsburg West, but EIS has been supporting the local VW scene and stocking some unique parts. Far as I am concerned, the more vendor choice we have the better.
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: EIS questionable svc for sure Reply with quote

I bought an outer rocker panel for my Thing. As mentioned above, they had an ad for free mud flaps. I did not need them but wanted them for my brother. When my order arrived, they sent the wrong year mud flaps. I contacted them and was toldsince those were promotional item, I would have to pay to ship them back.

This was not my mistake. They should have reimbursed shipping cost and then sent replacements.

Of course I kick myself when I came across another ad for 10% off. I would rather have had that than a pair of un-usable mudflaps.

The rocker was OK quality. Some work needed as a lot of repro parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NOTAHONDA
Vegas Don

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a few lil parts for my pre 64 pop outs from them on Xmas day and they showed up at my house Dec 27th. Very fast shipping.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: