Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: eisparts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 16, 2020
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a trans mount and paper heater hoses on July 4, got them today, no complaints here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 71' Bus steering wheel I bought has cracked and plastic pieces are falling off of it,nice wheel when new,but do NOT expect it to last more than a couple years.
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I spoke too soon. The reproduction trans mount body holes were not aligned when drilled and the studs that bolt to the nose cone were not placed properly when bonded to the rubber. This makes it crooked in relationship to the trans when you bolt it on. Awaiting resolution. But the paper heater hoses look good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No response from EIS. Paypal dispute filed.
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson learned. They wanted me to pay $10 in shipping to get $8 back. See response from EIS:

you ordered this online and this is after market part if you want to buy OE quality part you can buy that as well we have it but if this does not work for you then you can return it and get your refund back, we sell them all the time same part people don't have complain, if you want OE quality then the price goes with it. Return it and we will be happy to give your credit on the part.

I'm out!
70turtle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: "It was all we had in stock" Reply with quote

I ordered a pair of adjustable tie rods for my Bay Bus.

I received a pair of different brand and size parts. The bags
were torn open. One of the tie rod ends did not even fit the tie rod. I had to find one to finish the install. When I called to complain about it. I was told it was all they had in stock, they
could do nothing about it. No apology, partial discount just
a finger letting me know I was number one.

I really cannot recommend using them as a supplier.
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they send tracking info?

I bought some items online a few days ago and have heard nothing after the initial confirmation email. I'll follow up when I see the parts.
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the tracking info later in the day of my previous post, and received the parts today. They were very well packaged--plenty of foam peanuts and bubble wrap. I looked everything over carefully and it's all good. I'm happy with this order from EIS.
Earthcreatur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought fuel pump for a type 4 73 bus. Insufficient fuel delivery - carbs would empty every block or so. Let it idle a few seconds and it would run for another block or so. Used an electric pump, ran fine. EIS pump literally fell apart. Remnant was an effective fuel block-off plate though.
LetsGoCamping
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'68-73 bus steering wheel is terrible quality. Part has cracked in multiple places after only 2 years of being installed. The metal is so cheap that it's now difficult to remove off the column. It looked good arriving but has quickly become one of the worst investments for my bus. Stay away.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LetsGoCamping wrote:
'68-73 bus steering wheel is terrible quality. Part has cracked in multiple places after only 2 years of being installed. The metal is so cheap that it's now difficult to remove off the column. It looked good arriving but has quickly become one of the worst investments for my bus. Stay away.

I think it has been well known for a while now that the re-pop steering wheels available at most big-box parts places (EIS, MAM, Airhead Parts, etc) are garbage. Bug wheels too, they crack in no time compared to the originals. Best to get an original and restore it, or send it off to be restored.

The stuff I've ordered from EIS has all been good so far. Got 2 Mexi- Bosch distributors, one running well in my bug, the other as a spare. Lots of other odds and ends parts with no problems.

Buyers do your due dilligence!

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
DeluxeBus64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected] Reply with quote

Chinese crap. Three weeks in and starts failing, cracking wheels ,hub caps rust super Fast and one thing most of All TOO FREAKING EXPENSIVE. The owner super Rude.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: