Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Calling all Seattle-area Splits
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Calling all Seattle-area Splits Reply with quote

I'm trying to start up a Seattle-area Split/Oval Beetle group to casually meet once a month to shoot the breeze and maybe cruise around once in a while. I know there are a lot of you PNW Split and Oval drivers on TheSamba, so let's get something going! Maybe we can all cruise to local events together too - we've got the Spring Meet and the Old School GTG coming up.

I live in Bellevue so that's where we'll have the meets until things get rolling and we're ready to discuss a more central location (if necessary).

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you meetup info. The first meet will be the last Thursday of April. I'll post the location as soon as I find a suitable place.
empiracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will still be a while till i have the split back in the states, I could meet up in a late model till then.
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

empiracer wrote:
It will still be a while till i have the split back in the states, I could meet up in a late model till then.

Message me and I'll add you to my small (but growing) email list!
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someday I'd like to join your group.... someday. Pray

- David
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you frequent the www.franklinsvwwerks.com forum? youll find all the local split owners on there.

everyone in the pnw meets so often anyway you might have a tough time getting split and oval owners to come out.

cool idea though, hope it works
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD-40 wrote:
Someday I'd like to join your group.... someday. Pray

- David

Man you're hillarious. We have such an exclusive and so far non-existant group though...not sure if we need another smartass. Laughing
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sled wrote:
do you frequent the www.franklinsvwwerks.com forum? youll find all the local split owners on there.

everyone in the pnw meets so often anyway you might have a tough time getting split and oval owners to come out.

cool idea though, hope it works

I message on Franklins sometimes, and I'm thinking about puting a post on there too. I know there are a lot of big meets, it's going to be a really busy summer. But I thought I'd see if there was any interest in smaller, local meets maybe just 5-10 cars with everyone just meeting at Starbucks or grabbing a beer or something.

you should join us - there's 4-5 people now who are interested. At least PM me with your email address and I'll "cc" you with the meetup info once we get everything coordinated.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: