Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the video of his engine running on our test stand. Notice that I used his deep sump, which is a brand that I do not sell. You will also notice the extra pulley on the front for his AC system, and the generator. I basically never use generators anymore but since he wouldn't pay to change it over for an alternator, I had no choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw8LUTanNVo

BTW, I still have his gold plated and super power creating generator, distributer, cap, plugs, wires, progressive carburetor, intake manifold, clutch, pressure plate. They are in a box labeled with his name. The very nice police officer that came to arrest me took pictures for their file.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy,

As an outside observer reading this and the other feedback from this thread, it appears there is ample opportunity for you and your company to improve. It's the same theme over and over again from the folks posting here. Poor communication from you seems to be the big rock along with missing promised deadlines by weeks/months. If even HALF of what this particular gentleman is saying is true, it's pretty concerning to say the least.

I've worked with the public for years. I get that there are people you can do everything RIGHT with and they still find something to bitch about. I get it.

In my opinion, this is a good learning lesson for you. Recognize where you and Mofoco have fallen short and shore up those areas. I think if you honestly went thru this thread and re-read what was upsetting most people and shored those areas up, this thread would be much more positive, with people singing you and Mofoco's praises vs. all the negativity that's been so frequent.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**

Last edited by wcfvw69 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
The very nice police officer that came to arrest me took pictures for their file.

Time to stop talking and get a lawyer.

It seem like we're hearing 2 different stories, so let a judge figure it out.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turdburgler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
I just don't think that $3800 is a fair refund for those things.

Is there anything that you would think is? Doubtful..

Irregardless of what the whole truth is, there are a lot of quality builders out there without a history like this.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
Roy,

As an outside observer reading this and the other feedback from this thread, it appears there is ample opportunity for you and your company to improve. It's the same theme over and over again from the folks posting here. Poor communication from you seems to be the big rock along with missing promised deadlines by weeks/months. If even HALF of what this particular gentleman is saying is true, it's pretty concerning to say the least.

I've worked with the public for years. I get that there are people you can do everything RIGHT with and they still find something to bitch about. I get it.

In my opinion, this is a good learning lesson for you. Recognize where you and Mofoco have fallen short and shore up those areas. I think if you honestly went thru this thread and re-read what was upsetting most people and shored those areas up, this thread would be much more positive, with people singing you and Mofoco's praises vs. all the negativity that's been so frequent.

Hi Bill,

Your post got me thinking so I went back and reread every single post on my feedback. I was pleasantly suprised by what I found.

CURRENT COMPLAINTS(things that happened within the last 10 years)

19 total complaints. Most were time/communication issues. A couple were small quality issues and of course the kit car guy who I stole $8000 from and gave him nothing in return Rolling Eyes

OLD COMPLAINTS(things that happened in the 90's or earlier)

2 total complaints.

POSITIVE COMMENTS

33 total positive comments. These encompassed good delivery times, excellent communication, excellent product, etc, etc, etc.

This feedback thread was started in 2007. I have had tens of thousands of customers and even more individual transactions in that time. Lets be conservative and say 10,000 for the ease of math. That would give me a 99.81% approval rating. Obviously we can't take into account people who don't know about thesamba and also those who never complained if they did have a problem, and also all the people who were just satisfied but not overly enough to seek out and leave comments on a public forum.

My question to some of you is this. Where is all this doom and gloom you abstractly talk about concerning myself and Mofoco? Where are "all these complaints?" Some of you guys are really part of the "glass is totally empty" crowd, huh? Sometimes these complaints do wear on me, especially the ones that are total fabricated BS calling out my character, honesty, etc, etc. BUT after reading all the feedback again, I am convinced that I am on the right path in running this business.

Thoughts anyone?

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is proven that a happy customer will likely tell 2 people about there experience. While a unhappy one will tell 10. I have sold a ton of stuff here on the samba and I have like 3 feedback post. So you have to take the negative things you find and get better from them. You are only as good as your weaknesses. Let this dumb&@s with his obviously clapped up piece fuss about and stay out off the forum Roy. It will only fuel the fire. Just learn from it and go about your day.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Glenn wrote:
dandyduct wrote:
So I guess you feel it's ok

Get a lawyer already.

And i'm sure they'll tell you to stop posting online since you're not helping your case.

dandyduct wrote:
This thread is only to warn people of what has happened to me and what can and will happen to other.

Only if they read it. Obviously you didn't before sending your car.

After recieving his car back, he decided to file an ammended claim with the BBB. He stated that he has no problem with the work performed, his whole problem was the time it took. He stated that I broke a contract(which doesn't exist) and that he wants a 50% refund for missing car shows, an appointment for paint and for working on the interior. I just don't think that $3800 is a fair refund for those things. What do you guys think?

I think this guy is crazy lol
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy,

I'm glad you took the time to review this thread and were honest about the feedback. I've spent 20+ years teaching customer service, inside sales and outside sales. If one of our customers had an issue, we'd instruct our sales team to ask the customer to give us 30 minutes to research it and then we'd get right back to them. Heaven help the salesperson who missed this time frame. Most of the issues were handled RIGHT THEN, on the original call.

My overall impression of the customer service provided by many VW vendors is; HORRIFIC, to say the least. Especially by those answering the phones at the business. Whether it's a "sales person" or owner, I just can simply have my breath taken away by the attitudes of these people. It appears these VW businesses like to hire socially inept, introverted and poor attitude employees..

Wolfsburg West has fantastic service if you order online. They ship the same day. The parts are beautifully packaged and they've NEVER screwed up any of the 30 orders I've placed over the past couple of years. Where this company falls short is NOT training their people on the front line, those who answer the phone. They are simply terrible. Not friendly. Show no interest in their customers or what they are buying their parts for. They don't say thank you or show appreciation for the business I'm giving them. It simply blows me away that as good as WW is, they can't invest in some training for their employees who answer the phone.

I can't really recall the last time I called ANY of the big VW vendors and had the person have ANY customer service skills. Name the top 10 VW parts vendors and I haven't been "wowed" by any.

With my back ground, I have zero tolerance w/poor communication and multiple missed dead lines. I've looked at your heads Roy but have read SSOO many times how long it took for people (who's credit cards where charged the same day the ordered) to get them, that I wouldn't consider them now. Why would anyone want to pay for a part today and then get excuses for months on why it can't be delivered?

When I want a part, I want it quickly. I don't want to wait for for weeks/months for a part that others have (a comparable part) on the shelf and can ship the same day. That's the other thing that blows me away. I just bought a bus. Some of the bus vendors sites say clearly that "parts with ship within 1-3 days".. Really? 1-3 days, are you kidding me? What kind of service is that? They are so busy they can't throw some parts in a box and ship it that day? B.S!

As a consumer, I like to feel appreciated where I spend my money. Little things, like the person to be friendly. Show some interest in what I'm doing "Hey Bill, what kind of VW are you playing with"? "Sounds like a great project". Carry on a conversation while using the computer to look up the part or availability vs. 3-10 minutes of dead air. And, at the end of the conversation, show some true appreciation for my business, "hey Bill, thanks for the order, we really appreciate at it"..

Back to you and your company.. Address these issues that you've identified and others have vented about. Consumers (like me) like to use the same places, again and again. Especially when they feel appreciated and deal with friendly people, good service, good communication, on time commitments, and a good product.

Not too many people would go back to a restaurant that had a waiter w/a poor attitude, lousy food that took way to long to come out and for the manager/owner to not care as he ran your credit card as you paid your bill...

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have had tens of thousands of customers and even more individual transactions in that time. Lets be conservative and say 10,000 for the ease of math.
Thoughts anyone?

Love to see the customer list....
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have had tens of thousands of customers and even more individual transactions in that time. Lets be conservative and say 10,000 for the ease of math.
Thoughts anyone?

You're only as good as your last customer.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
dandyduct
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: continued, the truth Reply with quote

When I got my car back last week, 6.19.2014 in a total mess with damages and parts scattered in the car I was not surprised.

Mofoco has done 50 additional hours of work?

My local mechanic says a good engine builder can build a stock 1600 in about 10 hours. So given that I have a "CUSTOME" engine build, it should have take like 20 hours?

So where are the additional 50 hours?

Mofoco says it took 20 hours to do this! see picture below.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mofoco had to R&R the coil and relocate it do to bad thought processing. Now I have multiple coil mounting holes in the doghouse fan shroud. See pictures of the custom 20 hours of labor in the wiring.

That is not a new coil.

At looking at the pictures and videos I have taken when the car came back from MOFOCO and we pushed it off the truck and have not ran the engine as it is parked in the Car Care center being worked on, there is oil leaking after a week, see the puddle in the picture.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I think the additional hours are from locating the coil in the wrong place the first time. And then having to remove it and relocate it out of the way of the A/C Pump. Just poor planning.

A knowledgeable mechanic that removes the engine should know things like that. I have email stating that it took 10 hours to document the removal process. HA, I laugh.

So this update is too inform everyone that this brand new turn key engine that should run: leaks oil, has bad wiring, points gap was too narrow, the timing was off by several degrees so that is why it would not stay running in 7 minuet video when Mofoco tried to prove the car runs and drives. Smoking the clutch for a mile while driving the car in 3rd gear.

http://youtu.be/BbHmmG5qEuY

Mike the VW mechanic working on my car just can't believe a professional VW engine builder would every do work like this.

Picture's don't lie, I don't lie, Mike the VW mechanic doesn't lie.

Mike the VW mechanic says there is way too much slop in the coupler to move the hockey stick full distance. So we will know more next week what the problem is with the transmission not shifting.

Remember, I don't have a warranty in writing, I don't have an engine build sheet or spec's on engine, I did not get my parts back.

I offered to pay Mofoco to do the extra job item's, but when the time decayed, and there was no communication on the status, and then I got bitched out for my car sitting there over 7 months and everything was my fault, I decided not to give them another dime and I was so correct.

If I would have paid Mofoco for every thing they wanted I would have giving them over $20,000.00 and to have it come back like this?

I cut my losses short and so should everyone else.
spanky324
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough already-Lawyer up if you think you will win!!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: continued, the truth Reply with quote

dandyduct wrote:
My local mechanic says a good engine builder can build a stock 1600 in about 10 hours.

He's wrong... a "engine assembler" may maybe do it in 10 hours, but a "engine builder" will take longer.

Two weeks ago I "built" a stock 1600. Starting from all parts cleaned and layed out on a workbench, I spent 12 hours building then engine to a long block. That includes blue printing the oil pump, checking thrust on the distributor drive, measuring the deck height, cc'ing the heads, calculating and adjusting the compression ratio, measuring and adjusting crank endplay and following factory torque specs, it took 12 hours valve cover to valve cover and pulley to flywheel. Add another 4 hours to install all the tin, induction, alternator, fuel pump and exhaust which brings you to 16 hours.

That doesn't include taking it apart, cleaning and inspection all the parts.

If you're "local mechanic" could of done it in 10 hours... why didn't you use him Think
spanky324 wrote:

If you do speak to a lawyer, they'll tell you to stop posting online. You're only hurting you case..... if you have one.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
BGEE68 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanky324 wrote:

I agree, stop beating the damn dead horse...I already told you what I thought about your priorities when dealing with this vehicle.

Yer sounding like a compulsive/obsessive whiner.

How about we all send you some cheeze to go along with your whine??? Rolling Eyes
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: continued, the truth Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
dandyduct wrote:
My local mechanic says a good engine builder can build a stock 1600 in about 10 hours.

He's wrong... a "engine assembler" may maybe do it in 10 hours, but a "engine builder" will take longer.

Very important point. Though, if a lot of time was spent on prep and assembly, I would not expect to see that oil leak, especially with almost zero run time.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: continued, the truth Reply with quote

esde wrote:
I would not expect to see that oil leak, especially with almost zero run time.

Cheap chrome strainer plate.

Maybe it was on the engine already or maybe the customer wanted it (chrome fan shroud).

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
BGEE68 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: continued, the truth Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

Maybe it was on the engine already or maybe the customer wanted it (chrome fan shroud).

Just another cute, shiny appearance item from, I assume, EMPI, or should I say, China...The land of quality reproductions!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: continued, the truth Reply with quote

BGEE68 wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Just another cute, shiny appearance item from, I assume, EMPI, or should I say, China...The land of quality reproductions!

I can't believe that was Roy's choice. DandyDuck was planning on going to "The Car Show" this year with a new engine that would be "all chromed out".

Michael James McCreary I will be back in 2014 to support the fundraiser. Should have a new shiny chromed out engine.
November 12, 2013 at 7:19pm

Oh---he is even badmouthing Mofoco on the charity's facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruizin-4-Life/163484843715586
Michael James McCreary
June 5 at 9:25am
Me and My little Red Cimbria SS will not be able to make the show this year. I bought and engine and transmission from the wrong person and got burned. My little car will not run at idle with the new engine and the new rebuilt transmission will not shift. I can not tell you how sad I am that I will not be at the show this year. You can blame MOFOCO for not getting the job done on time.

Last edited by iowegian on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both of these guys just need to get over it or shut up and get lawyers involved

roy need to stop trying to defend his company, soak in all the negative comments, and work on improve his company
word of these improvements will spread and do more good for his business then any post he makes in this thread will

dandyduct needs to get off his soap box and deal with what has happen in another way
he is already made a bad reputation for himself as a complainer and if he keeps it up no one is going to want to help him and/or give him advice with anything

the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" doesn't work in this sociality anymore the new version should be "the squeaky wheel get ignored until it breaks" or "the squeaky wheel gets throw out and replaced"

of course this is just my opinion and judging by how well the rest of the advice in this thread has been taken i'm sure one or both of these guys will keep digging themselves deeper into this shit storm they both got themselves into Rolling Eyes Wink

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: continued, the truth Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
BGEE68 wrote:
Glenn wrote:

I can't believe that was Roy's choice. DandyDuck was planning on going to "The Car Show" this year with a new engine that would be "all chromed out".

Oh---he is even badmouthing Mofoco on the charity's facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruizin-4-Life/163484843715586
Michael James McCreary
June 5 at 9:25am
Me and My little Red Cimbria SS will not be able to make the show this year. I bought and engine and transmission from the wrong person and got burned. My little car will not run at idle with the new engine and the new rebuilt transmission will not shift. I can not tell you how sad I am that I will not be at the show this year. You can blame MOFOCO for not getting the job done on time.

I lost sympathy for this guy many posts ago.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 22

Jump to: