Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
vw moses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I got the 050's floating in my head for my ultimate street mtr.
by far the "coolest" head around! Cool
roy has always ansered my e-mails promply.
U.S.A. VW Logo
62 beetle-gone
57 beetle-gone
convertable-beetle-w/bugspray & screamer dist.(019) gone
"Where There's a Will There's a Way"
63 one of a kind beetle. 57 dash,double rear window--sweet!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Have been working with Roy quite a bit over the last year, several trannys, several sets of heads. Had one issue and was more than happy with the resolution. Pretty much my exclusive source for trannys and heads anymore.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Finndog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a 1776 for my square back from Mofoco.
I had done business with them back in the 70's and was happy then and I'm happy now.
So happy in fact I have ordered a 2110 for split window double cab that will be done the first of March.
Roy has been nothing but helpful with suggestions for this new build.
So in a nutshell despite some previous issues that others may have had I will recommend them highly.
Matt and Paul were nice to work with also.
I was showed around the shop while I was there when I picked up my 1776
Having been in many machine shops in my sixty year life span ,this isn't a show shop but a shop where machines were clean and looked well kept just not shiny new .
The people working there were actually machinists not button punchers like some other shops I have been in.
Mike Wilkerson Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

bought from randy and roy at mofoco for decades and have been nothing but good to us,thanks,from mike at vintage german autowerks,since 1979
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got my heads today and they look great, dealt with Roy and he was easy to work with and answered any and all of my questions even got his people to ship to me USPS which worked great. Thanks Roy and I will be calling again for sure.

Mick
PolarBearVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm as excited as a kid getting a new toy. After 25 years of looking at my parked Ghia (with the last 5 years being my slow weekend-only rebuild) I took the last big step to get an overhaul on the engine.

To my knowledge this thing has never been cracked and is all OE German so I'm hoping for the best. Being a local it was a no-brainer to drop it off at MOFOCO (ps if you want a tutorial on how to break your back using a hand-truck and cinder blocks to load an engine by yourself into the back of a SUV let me know).

The guys were receptive on a drop-in and were very easy to work with. It is a good old school machine shop which raises my confidence a TON. I'll let this thread know how it goes.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Jonnyla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some items and all was as described. Packaged well and prompt delivery.

Thanks again!
mslibertarian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sent my SP heads to be rebuilt by Roy. Great communication and fast turn around. Heads looked great when I received them. Would not hesitate to use Roy again.

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some NOS muffler installation kits from Randy. Came fast,and great quality. Thanks,Bill Dykes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Canadian VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a used Thing BBQ grill and Beetle horn ring from Randy. Both were as described, packaged well and shipped quickly.

Samba 67 Beetle build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607949&highlight=
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just bought a transmission case for starting an engine from Randymofoco. It was shipped to me in a reasonable amount of time. Packaged so it arrived without damage and even painted a nice shiney black. Thanks Randy for a smooth transaction.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Last month I bought a MFC-RBT16970 rebuilt transmission for my 1970 sedan with 1600cc DP engine from MoFoCo. There were several reasons I chose MoFoCo for this.

1. MoFoCo is the only (or one of very few) transmission builders who actually bolt the transmission into a VW of some sort and drive it around to check it out before it gets the final OK.

2. Roy ([email protected]) posts on The Samba, and has been responsive to posts, queries from potential customers, and is understanding of customers' issues. MoFoCo gets quite a few customers from this site, and understands the value of good customer relations.

3. MoFoCo does not require a core charge, so I didn't have to pack and ship and pay for shipping of my old transmission back to MoFoCo. And I didn't have to fight about whether my own transmission was rebuildable/eligible for full core refund (which could happen, and would be out of my control). I can sell my old transmission as a core too.

4. Transmission was packed fine, had the correct type of throwout arm for my 1970 transmission and pressure plate. Transmission was clearly labeled that it did not contain gear oil (although I would've checked myself for correct fill anyway had it contained oil). Transmission had reverse light switch, and a brand new bracket for the the flexible clutch tube. Looked like a brand new nut/hardware kit was used as well, and clutch release arm looked new as well. Starter bushing was present and correct size.

OK, I did the engine and transmission R&R all by myself, installed a new crankshaft oil seal and new gland nut. I re-used my clutch release bearing, about 16 months old. I drove about 5 more miles on it today, did a fair amount of upshifts and downshifts, and into reverse, seems fine. I didn't get a new shift plate, but didn't have to monkey with the gearshift base adjustment either.

So overall, very pleased with the quality of the transmission and the transaction.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had an issue that prompted me to remove the engine from my car, which meant I had to pull the Dell's off my 050's. Prepping the engine to go back in I needed new carb base gaskets to match up with the port work on the heads. I could have cut a set myself, but I emailed Roy to see if he had any pre-made. I was willing to buy a set from him, but he took the time to send me a few sets free of charge. Always responsive to emails, and has always been willing to go out of his way to help me. Great guy.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a set of heads from Roy. This is not feedback on his product as my build is not finished yet. Rather a comment on his customer service with me.

Long before I bought anything from Roy he would respond to any of my questions even if it did not mean any kind of sale from his business. Roy has always been gracious with tech tips to help me out. You can tell he has passion for the ACVW hobby and is very proud of his company. I appreciate it and his engagement on the Samba. I realize Roy is in the business to sell products so participating on the Samba can help propmote his gear. He also takes a risk of hurting his business. I don’t care. He’s actually saved me money with some of his advice. I give credit to John at aircooled.net for doing the same thing. Both these guys are good. Yes I’m sure their companies have made mistakes and dropped the ball a time or two. Who hasn’t. My team has but I do my best to make it right for the customer. Although over the years im sure I’ve pissed off a few as well. As for his product, I’ll be back to review it as well. I can say my builder buddy is impressed with these new heads so far. He has experience with MOFOCO heads a decade ago and thought they were just OK then. Not because performance but from a building point of view. Said they took some fiddling when assembling. But he might start using these new Mofoco heads in future builds. So far he is pleased. Thank you Roy for all the advice over the years.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm quoting this from another topic that was locked so Roy can respond.

Denny B wrote:
This post is about a transmission that I ordered from MOFOCO on November 1, 2018 and “FINALLY” received today January 14, 2019!
If I had read these reviews and feedbacks… https://www.thesamba.com/vw/search.php?q=mofoco before I ordered from MOFOCO I never would have picked up the phone to call them.
After you read this post you can form your own opinion as to what you will do if you ever need to order from an engine or transmission rebuilding company.

This was the worst buying experience of my life! (and I’m 72 years old!).

The following is an email that I sent to Roy Henning at MOFOCO on January 4th and it explains it all….The reason I waited until today (January 14th) to post this is because I wanted to make sure I had the transmission in my possession before I posted this bad experience.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Mr. Henning, January 4, 2019

I called MOFOCO on Thursday, November 1, 2018, spoke with Matt, and ordered a stock rebuilt transmission with axles and tubes installed for a 1965 VW Beetle and payed $1699.00 with a credit card. At that time Matt told me you needed the axle length because there are different length axles. I told him I would get the transmission out of the car and remove an axle and measure it and I would get back to him with the dimension ASAP. I also asked how long before shipping the transmission to me and he said a week and a half to two weeks after they get the axle length.
I called back on Tuesday, November 6th at 3:04 PM (Florida time) and Paul answered the phone. I introduced myself and told him why I was calling and he said he was familiar with my order and I gave him the axle length (26 11/16”) and he commented “Sounds about right”. I asked him when he thought the transmission would be ready and he said “It should be done by the middle of next week”. So, I figured it would be ready in 7 to 10 days.

One week went by, two weeks went by, three weeks went by and finally November went by.

On Tuesday, December 4th at 3:51 PM (Florida time) I called to ask the status of my transmission and Paul answered the phone. I introduced myself and asked about the status of my transmission….Paul replied: “The transmission is just about complete but we are waiting for you tell us the axle length”! I told him I had called on November 6th and talked to him personally and gave him the axle length!
He said “I guess I screwed up….I get about a 100 phone calls a day and I guess I forgot to write it down”.

At the moment I couldn’t off-hand remember the axle length and I was calling from the road at that time so I told him I would call back tomorrow with the dimension. After we hung up I noticed that I had written the axle length on the back of the paper that I had your phone number written on so I called right back (at 4:11 PM) and Matt answered the phone and I asked to speak to Paul. Matt told me that Paul was not in the shop so I gave Matt the axle length of 26 11/16”.
At 4:20 PM (9 minutes after I just spoke with Matt) I received an email from MOFOCO with an invoice dated November 1st and the axle length was typed in on the line that says “Notes”. Since Paul had just told me earlier that “The transmission is just about complete but we are waiting for you tell us the axle length” I assumed that all that was needed was to install the correct axles and complete the assembly. (I’m sure you guys can build a whole transmission in less than a day!)

On Monday, December 17th (another 2 weeks has passed) I called MOFOCO at 2:18 PM (Florida time) to ask the status of my transmission that I ordered on November 1st. Matt answered the phone and I asked the status of my transmission. He said he would go out to the shop and check and call me right back. He called me back 3 hours and 5 minutes later (at 5:23 PM Florida time) and told me the transmission is just about finished and they are installing the axles (basically the same thing Paul told me on December 4th). Then Matt said it should be ready to ship to me in a day or day and a half (it doesn’t take a day to install a couple axles and tubes). He also informed me that when it shipped he would email me a shipping notice with a tracking number.

On Friday, December 21st I Called MOFOCO at 4:27 PM (Florida time). Matt answered the phone and I asked about the transmission that I ordered on November 1st and was told last Monday that all that was needed was to install the axles and tubes. He said he would go out to the shop and check on it and he put me on hold. He returned in about two minutes and said “It is all done”. I said “When are you going to ship it?”. He said “Probably next Wednesday”. This is beyond ridiculous!

It is now Friday, January 4, 2019. It has been over two months since I ordered a transmission from MOFOCO and was told it would take a week and half to two weeks to deliver after I tell you the axle length. I called MOFOCO and gave Paul the axle length on November 6, 2018…that was 59 days ago! It has also been 2 weeks since my last communication with MOFOCO at which time Matt told me the transmission would be shipped “next Wednesday” (December 26th).

I have been told 3 times that “it’s just about complete”….I was told on December 17th "it would be shipped in a day or a day and half”….I was told on December 21st “That it’s all done and would be shipped on December 26th”.

I have not received any communication from MOFOCO that it has been shipped.

My patience has run out! Send me my transmission immediately or refund my $1699.00 that I paid you and you took without hesitation on November 1, 2018!

In fact….I would prefer that you refund my money so I can find a reputable company to do business with.

Denny Brodbeck
Ocala, FL

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Henning did reply to my email with an “excuse” but I won’t post it here. If he wants to chime in with his explanation he is welcome to do so. He also informed that it had already shipped (however I never received any shipping information until after I sent the above mentioned email).
I will tell you this….after my email to him, in his reply he offered me a $250 credit towards my next purchase from MOFOCO. Well, he doesn’t ever have to worry about honoring that offer because I will NEVER purchase anything from MOFOCO again!
Also…he doesn’t ever have to worry about honoring his 1 year warranty because if this transmission ever fails under warranty I will not be sending it back to MOFOCO. I will send it to a reputable company to repair and I’ll just pay the bill. If it took 2 ½ months for MOFOCO to send me a transmission after I paid them $1699.00 I can’t imagine how long it would take for them to repair a transmission and send it back to me if they had to repair it under warranty at “no charge”.

Buyer beware.

PS: I copied and pasted the following from the top of MOFOCO’s transmission page on their website…..(I highlighted the important stuff).

Stock Swingaxles are IN STOCK and ready to ship...High Performance Transmissions Take 2-3 weeks to build & ship out. ALL Bus Transmissions REQUIRE a Core at this time. 2-3 weeks to rebuild after core received.**
Mofoco has been rebuilding VW transmissions for over 30 years... but don't just take our word for it. We install every VW transmission into a real Volkswagen Bug, and drive said Bug around to check every forward and reverse gear to make sure your vw transmission will shift properly when we ship it to you. As far as we know, we are the only VW shop that does this! Ask any other shop how they test their Volkswagen transmissions, we bet they don't come close to MOFOCO.
Get your VW Bug, Volkswagen Ghia, or VW Bus back on the road quickly with a rebuilt VW transmission from MOFOCO.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Denny B wrote:
This post is about a transmission that I ordered from MOFOCO on November 1, 2018 and “FINALLY” received today January 14, 2019!
If I had read these reviews and feedbacks… https://www.thesamba.com/vw/search.php?q=mofoco before I ordered from MOFOCO I never would have picked up the phone to call them.
After you read this post you can form your own opinion as to what you will do if you ever need to order from an engine or transmission rebuilding company.

This was the worst buying experience of my life! (and I’m 72 years old!).

The following is an email that I sent to Roy Henning at MOFOCO on January 4th and it explains it all….The reason I waited until today (January 14th) to post this is because I wanted to make sure I had the transmission in my possession before I posted this bad experience.

Hello Mr. Henning, January 4, 2019

I called MOFOCO on Thursday, November 1, 2018, spoke with Matt, and ordered a stock rebuilt transmission with axles and tubes installed for a 1965 VW Beetle and payed $1699.00 with a credit card. At that time Matt told me you needed the axle length because there are different length axles. I told him I would get the transmission out of the car and remove an axle and measure it and I would get back to him with the dimension ASAP. I also asked how long before shipping the transmission to me and he said a week and a half to two weeks after they get the axle length.
I called back on Tuesday, November 6th at 3:04 PM (Florida time) and Paul answered the phone. I introduced myself and told him why I was calling and he said he was familiar with my order and I gave him the axle length (26 11/16”) and he commented “Sounds about right”. I asked him when he thought the transmission would be ready and he said “It should be done by the middle of next week”. So, I figured it would be ready in 7 to 10 days.

One week went by, two weeks went by, three weeks went by and finally November went by.

On Tuesday, December 4th at 3:51 PM (Florida time) I called to ask the status of my transmission and Paul answered the phone. I introduced myself and asked about the status of my transmission….Paul replied: “The transmission is just about complete but we are waiting for you tell us the axle length”! I told him I had called on November 6th and talked to him personally and gave him the axle length!
He said “I guess I screwed up….I get about a 100 phone calls a day and I guess I forgot to write it down”.

At the moment I couldn’t off-hand remember the axle length and I was calling from the road at that time so I told him I would call back tomorrow with the dimension. After we hung up I noticed that I had written the axle length on the back of the paper that I had your phone number written on so I called right back (at 4:11 PM) and Matt answered the phone and I asked to speak to Paul. Matt told me that Paul was not in the shop so I gave Matt the axle length of 26 11/16”.
At 4:20 PM (9 minutes after I just spoke with Matt) I received an email from MOFOCO with an invoice dated November 1st and the axle length was typed in on the line that says “Notes”. Since Paul had just told me earlier that “The transmission is just about complete but we are waiting for you tell us the axle length” I assumed that all that was needed was to install the correct axles and complete the assembly. (I’m sure you guys can build a whole transmission in less than a day!)

On Monday, December 17th (another 2 weeks has passed) I called MOFOCO at 2:18 PM (Florida time) to ask the status of my transmission that I ordered on November 1st. Matt answered the phone and I asked the status of my transmission. He said he would go out to the shop and check and call me right back. He called me back 3 hours and 5 minutes later (at 5:23 PM Florida time) and told me the transmission is just about finished and they are installing the axles (basically the same thing Paul told me on December 4th). Then Matt said it should be ready to ship to me in a day or day and a half (it doesn’t take a day to install a couple axles and tubes). He also informed me that when it shipped he would email me a shipping notice with a tracking number.

On Friday, December 21st I Called MOFOCO at 4:27 PM (Florida time). Matt answered the phone and I asked about the transmission that I ordered on November 1st and was told last Monday that all that was needed was to install the axles and tubes. He said he would go out to the shop and check on it and he put me on hold. He returned in about two minutes and said “It is all done”. I said “When are you going to ship it?”. He said “Probably next Wednesday”. This is beyond ridiculous!

It is now Friday, January 4, 2019. It has been over two months since I ordered a transmission from MOFOCO and was told it would take a week and half to two weeks to deliver after I tell you the axle length. I called MOFOCO and gave Paul the axle length on November 6, 2018…that was 59 days ago! It has also been 2 weeks since my last communication with MOFOCO at which time Matt told me the transmission would be shipped “next Wednesday” (December 26th).

I have been told 3 times that “it’s just about complete”….I was told on December 17th "it would be shipped in a day or a day and half”….I was told on December 21st “That it’s all done and would be shipped on December 26th”.

I have not received any communication from MOFOCO that it has been shipped.

My patience has run out! Send me my transmission immediately or refund my $1699.00 that I paid you and you took without hesitation on November 1, 2018!

In fact….I would prefer that you refund my money so I can find a reputable company to do business with.

Denny Brodbeck
Ocala, FL

Mr. Henning did reply to my email with an “excuse” but I won’t post it here. If he wants to chime in with his explanation he is welcome to do so. He also informed that it had already shipped (however I never received any shipping information until after I sent the above mentioned email).
I will tell you this….after my email to him, in his reply he offered me a $250 credit towards my next purchase from MOFOCO. Well, he doesn’t ever have to worry about honoring that offer because I will NEVER purchase anything from MOFOCO again!
Also…he doesn’t ever have to worry about honoring his 1 year warranty because if this transmission ever fails under warranty I will not be sending it back to MOFOCO. I will send it to a reputable company to repair and I’ll just pay the bill. If it took 2 ½ months for MOFOCO to send me a transmission after I paid them $1699.00 I can’t imagine how long it would take for them to repair a transmission and send it back to me if they had to repair it under warranty at “no charge”.

Buyer beware.

PS: I copied and pasted the following from the top of MOFOCO’s transmission page on their website…..(I highlighted the important stuff).

Stock Swingaxles are IN STOCK and ready to ship...High Performance Transmissions Take 2-3 weeks to build & ship out. ALL Bus Transmissions REQUIRE a Core at this time. 2-3 weeks to rebuild after core received.**
Mofoco has been rebuilding VW transmissions for over 30 years... but don't just take our word for it. We install every VW transmission into a real Volkswagen Bug, and drive said Bug around to check every forward and reverse gear to make sure your vw transmission will shift properly when we ship it to you. As far as we know, we are the only VW shop that does this! Ask any other shop how they test their Volkswagen transmissions, we bet they don't come close to MOFOCO.
Get your VW Bug, Volkswagen Ghia, or VW Bus back on the road quickly with a rebuilt VW transmission from MOFOCO.

Hello Denny,

First, I would like to apologize for not taking care of you up to your expectations. Yes, it absolutely took us longer than we expected to complete this order however, I don't think you understand how we build complete transmissions. We do not start with a rebuilt unit on the shelf and then slap axles and tubes on. Due to the fact that the spacing on all the parts are different, when we get an order for a complete transmission with axles, we go a get a complete transmission core from our warehouse to start with. The ad on our site stating that transmissions are in stock does not apply to complete units. Second, we were working on multiple orders for complete units at the same time, as I stated, and I believe when you were told it was done, one of my counter guys was confused. Third, as I stated in my email, one of the transmissions we disassembled wasn't in good enough shape to sell as a complete unit so that wasted a week and we had to start over. Fourth, in between the time the order was placed and shipped, there were three holiday weeks where I basically had a skeleton crew and not much got done. Fifth, if you called ANY company on Friday December 21st, no one could ship anything until the next Wednesday as Monday was Christmas Eve and Tuesday was Christmas Day. Sixth, it was 35 working days from the day you gave us the measurements to the day it shipped, not 2 1/2 months. Seventh, when you contacted me I immediately responded with an apology and I offered you a $250 parts credit. You don't have to spend one penny with me. Just pick out something you need for $250 including shipping and it's on me.(I can post the email if you would like) Last and again, could we have taken care of you quicker, yes. Was it anywhere as bad as you are making it out on here, no. Please feel free to email direct with the $250 worth of parts you want and I will get them to you.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Denny B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Okay....I'll spot you 11 days on shipping.

However, On November 1st I was told "A week and a half to two weeks".

On November 6th I was told "It should be done by the middle of next week".

On December 4th I was told “The transmission is just about complete but we are waiting for you tell us the axle length”.

On December 17th I was told "It should be ready to ship to me in a day or day and a half".

On December 21st I was told "Probably next Wednesday".

On January 4th I was told "It was shipped yesterday".

On January 9th I got a call from the shipping company and we scheduled delivery for January 11th between 8 AM and noon.

On January 11th at 12:30 PM I got a call from the shipping company that the delivery has been canceled and needed to be rescheduled. We rescheduled the delivery for Monday, January 14th at 8:00 AM.

This is the condition it was in when it was delivered.

PS: Have you read this thread?...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=712898
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a rebuilt IRS transmission from MoFoCo last April, and it was delivered promptly and has been fine. I understand that swing axles are different though...
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Denny B wrote:

On December 4th I was told “The transmission is just about complete but we are waiting for you tell us the axle length”.

On December 17th I was told "It should be ready to ship to me in a day or day and a half".

On January 9th I got a call from the shipping company and we scheduled delivery for January 11th between 8 AM and noon.

On January 11th at 12:30 PM I got a call from the shipping company that the delivery has been canceled and needed to be rescheduled. We rescheduled the delivery for Monday, January 14th at 8:00 AM.

That is clearly the fault of the carrier, the packaging was properly marked on handling.

Go to R&L and file a claim, But do not expect much from them and if you do take many more pictures and save the packaging. Did you note an exception when you accepted the freight? If so you will get a response, If not good luck.

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
Denny B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

FASTBACKDON wrote:
Denny B wrote:

That is clearly the fault of the carrier, the packaging was properly marked on handling.

Go to R&L and file a claim, But do not expect much from them and if you do take many more pictures and save the packaging. Did you note an exception when you accepted the freight? If so you will get a response, If not good luck.

I'm not putting that on Mofoco. I was just showing him how the carrier treated his shipment. There was no damage to the transmission. The tranny was strapped to a pallet and was sitting at the bottom of the box. The top half of the box was empty. Maybe that's why Mofoco packed it in such a high box in case somebody stacks something on top of it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 22

Jump to: