Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
March 2018 I bought a MFC-RBT16970 rebuilt transmission for my 1970 sedan with 1600cc DP engine from MoFoCo. There were several reasons I chose MoFoCo for this.

1. MoFoCo is the only (or one of very few) transmission builders who actually bolt the transmission into a VW of some sort and drive it around to check it out before it gets the final OK.

2. Roy ([email protected]) posts on The Samba, and has been responsive to posts, queries from potential customers, and is understanding of customers' issues. MoFoCo gets quite a few customers from this site, and understands the value of good customer relations.

3. MoFoCo does not require a core charge, so I didn't have to pack and ship and pay for shipping of my old transmission back to MoFoCo. And I didn't have to fight about whether my own transmission was rebuildable/eligible for full core refund (which could happen, and would be out of my control). I can sell my old transmission as a core too.

4. Transmission was packed fine, had the correct type of throwout arm for my 1970 transmission and pressure plate. Transmission was clearly labeled that it did not contain gear oil (although I would've checked myself for correct fill anyway had it contained oil). Transmission had reverse light switch, and a brand new bracket for the the flexible clutch tube. Looked like a brand new nut/hardware kit was used as well, and clutch release arm looked new as well. Starter bushing was present and correct size.

OK, I did the engine and transmission R&R all by myself, installed a new crankshaft oil seal and new gland nut. I re-used my clutch release bearing, about 16 months old. I drove about 5 more miles on it today, did a fair amount of upshifts and downshifts, and into reverse, seems fine. I didn't get a new shift plate, but didn't have to monkey with the gearshift base adjustment either.

So overall, very pleased with the quality of the transmission and the transaction.

OK, I'm now out of warranty on this transmission.

I have been very pleased with this transmission, drove it like 30 miles today, drove up to 70 mph, shifts like butter. In hindsight, this was a great decision for me !!! Thanks, Roy !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
cmcclelland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've tried several times to contact Mofoco by email ([email protected]) about a quote on some machine work I need on one of my Type 4 heads, but I've received no response. Do they not respond to emails?

Perhaps there is a better place for machining Type 4 heads?

Best wishes,
C. McClelland
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

cmcclelland wrote:
I've tried several times to contact Mofoco by email ([email protected]) about a quote on some machine work I need on one of my Type 4 heads, but I've received no response. Do they not respond to emails?

Best wishes,
C. McClelland

Yes we do respond to email however, Paul may not have know the answers to your questions as all tech questions should be directed to me [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
cmcclelland wrote:

Best wishes,
C. McClelland

Yes we do respond to email however, Paul may not have know the answers to your questions as all tech questions should be directed to me [email protected]

Roy, could there be an issue with the way some of your @mofoco email accounts are set up? Your “store@mofoco” goes straight to my junk(Spam) file. Your “[email protected]” emails get delivered to me. My buddy that I emailed you about pissed for lack of communication from your store using “store@mofoco” his emails from mofoco went to his junk file as well. I use gmail if that makes a difference. It’s weird because I’ve seen your business get called out for lack of communication in the past. Yet you’ve always been quick to respond when I use “roy@mofoco” Think and if Paul didn’t know the answer, he should have just forwarded you the email. Maybe he did and its in your junk file.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
cmcclelland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just received my machined Type IV head from Mofoco. The job was well done in a timely manner at a fair price. In the future, I expect to use their services again. Many thanks!

C. McClelland
Forest, VA
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

If emails are going into your junk folder, that is on your end...Not the senders end. You need to mark them as not junk.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
If emails are going into your junk folder, that is on your end...Not the senders end. You need to mark them as not junk.

Good to know. Was just weird that both friend and my email went straight to junk. Not sure what caused that or how to prevent since I run the default settings for gmail and I only use iPhone or iPad to retrieve. I do know how to fix once I find it junk. I posted my experience to help others that might not be getting timely communication from Mofoco store. Not meaning to derail feed back.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
andk5591 wrote:

Good to know. Was just weird that both friend and my email went straight to junk. Not sure what caused that or how to prevent since I run the default settings for gmail and I only use iPhone or iPad to retrieve. I do know how to fix once I find it junk. I posted my experience to help others that might not be getting timely communication from Mofoco store. Not meaning to derail feed back.

You should post this information for others in case they don't know.
It might be better to post it in the "Site" Forum as an overall tip for anyone.
Emails from Mofoco are not unique with this happening, I've had people say emails from this site have that happen sometimes too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Everett as far as a fix that’s worked for me in regards to mofoco emails and others I now use gmail App to to select not spam. This was not an option on the way I previously retrieved email on iPhone.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

I will email you about the Samba inconsistency.

Sorry Roy about the email talk. Maybe it will help someone looking for replies from your business.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
texstardetail
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Positive feedback from me.

I had an issue with one of my 36hp heads. Decided to pull everything apart and take them to a local machine shop (who said they could take care of the heads)

I purchased everything new for the heads and left the heads and parts with the machine shop. 3 weeks later I call to check the status and they say they can't fix the exhaust seat.

I made a post online and Roy chimed in. Decided to send my heads and parts to him. They were done promptly and sent back with everything looking great. Packaging was good as well.

Will do business with MOFOCO again.
Coyotemutt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'll start with the bad so I can end on a good note.

I got some 050 Rasser heads with as cast chambers and ports. Installed on a 1776cc engine. They would not cool properly despite having an open rear baja beetle and all the necessary tins. I finally decided to get under the car and drill out all the passages between the ports and that did the trick. Now they legitimately cool better than stock, as advertised. In previous posts, Roy has said this wasnt necessary. It's not alot of work though, especially if you do it before installing the heads (I did it after, from below).

Now that I got that out of the way, I gotta say I really like these heads. They easily outperformed the DRD L3 heads I had before. The responsiveness of the engine throughout the rpm range is quite a bit better. Top end improved only slightly. It's possible other heads that cost 100-200 dollars more per set would net higher peak torque, but these are just fine especially for the price.

Also, customer service has been responsive and polite.
JBH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

If you give this company a dime, and you don’t live within driving distance, you’re a fool. Will tell you anything you want to hear until he’s got you cash. Be warned.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

^^^^^
Moderator time:
You need to post more information about your transaction per the feedback rules or this will be removed.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JBH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
^^^^^
Moderator time:
You need to post more information about your transaction per the feedback rules or this will be removed.

Waited nearly 5 months for a motor promised in 2. Once received motor had no oil filter, a primary part of the order. Missing throttle linkage parts. Carbs completely full of junk. No way this motor was run and tuned as Roy said. Jetting was box stock for 44 USF’s, and not even close for engine displacement. Carbs were throw always. This guy is a con artist. He will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your money. Once he’s got it, you better live within driving distance. Fair warning to anyone looking at this place. They quoted a price for shipping prior to ordering. That all changed at the 4 month mark. This guy is not honest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

JBH wrote:
EverettB wrote:
^^^^^
Moderator time:

Waited nearly 5 months for a motor promised in 2. Once received motor had no oil filter, a primary part of the order. Missing throttle linkage parts. Carbs completely full of junk. No way this motor was run and tuned as Roy said. Jetting was box stock for 44 USF’s, and not even close for engine displacement. Carbs were throw always. This guy is a con artist. He will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your money. Once he’s got it, you better live within driving distance. Fair warning to anyone looking at this place. They quoted a price for shipping prior to ordering. That all changed at the 4 month mark. This guy is not honest.

First, everything said above is 100% false and I can prove all of it. One, my engine build times are approximate and never guaranteed. My wait times start at 10-12 weeks, depending on the build. This engine was finished in 16 weeks. Two, I was unable to use a filter pump as the customer required a very specific exhaust for his vehicle that was not compatible with a filter pump. Three, all pieces of the engine were there as I test ran, tuned and sent the customer a video of the engine running. The carbs I use and always use are redline weber. Finally, the shipping was originally quoted air freight to Hawaii and when we went to book it, that service had disappeared from the company offerings. We spent days trying to find a comparable service but all air freight to this particular place in Hawaii was $2000+ As I knew the customer would never pay that, I sent it on a ship for the original price quoted(which also had the same shipping time as the original air freight quote) I was then contacted by the customer and threatened with lawsuits and such because it didn't go air freight.

www.mofoco.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jonerin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received a new transmission from MoFoCo 11 months ago, and finally started to install it in my 68 beetle chassis Full Resto) yesterday. to my surprise I found that the axle tubes are reversed. This causes a huge problem with lower shock mounts. Also the new or used axle tubes have no brake line clips on them. Since my warranty is about out I am switching them myself today and welding on some used clips. I'm wondering how the transmission was installed and driven since you cant mount it in the car. Crying or Very sad
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jonerin wrote:
Received a new transmission from MoFoCo 11 months ago, and finally started to install it in my 68 beetle chassis Full Resto) yesterday. to my surprise I found that the axle tubes are reversed. This causes a huge problem with lower shock mounts. Also the new or used axle tubes have no brake line clips on them. Since my warranty is about out I am switching them myself today and welding on some used clips. I'm wondering how the transmission was installed and driven since you cant mount it in the car. Crying or Very sad

What did Mofoco say when you brought this up with them?

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jonerin wrote:

Well, it would have been nice to get an email from you to give me the opportunity to correct the problem.

The transmission ITSELF is tested, not the complete unit with axles.

Please feel free to email me [email protected] if you would like help with this.

I apologize for any problems.

www.mofoco.com

Jonerin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Shipping back to you, waiting and shipping it back to me seemed too much, I switched them today, however, I also found the spacers behind the outer bearings to be turned wrong. The chamfer goes inward to match the axle, mine had the chamfers facing the bearing . everything is switched and the transmission is now in the car, but shifting into first gear is hard. Its not been road tested yet. Question - How can you drive every transmission around in a bug to see if it works, if you dont have axles and tubes installed? Your website says that you do that, Im just curious.
Jonerin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

"Mofoco has been rebuilding VW transmissions for over 30 years... but don't just take our word for it. We install every VW transmission into a real Volkswagen Bug, and drive said Bug around to check every forward and reverse gear to make sure your vw transmission will shift properly when we ship it to you. As far as we know, we are the only VW shop that does this! Ask any other shop how they test their Volkswagen transmissions, we bet they don't come close to MOFOCO."

Roy, this is from your transmission page, so I am again curios as to your comment that the transmission is tested itself but not with axles and tubes. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: