Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

The video was supposed to have been in a Wendys drive thru and taken because of all the noise. What I see is a stationary video taken with the valve cover off, showing a valve assembly being pushed with a screwdriver. What is it???
anon emous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
The video was supposed to have been in a Wendys drive thru and taken because of all the noise. What I see is a stationary video taken with the valve cover off, showing a valve assembly being pushed with a screwdriver. What is it???

i have a few videos on that channel
https://youtu.be/xOvARJVzsuY
SixVolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't know about the preceding engine controversy, but I ordered some heads from MOFOCO for an engine build on a stock 1600 and I was very pleased with the apparent quality. I say apparent because I haven't run the motor yet, but my friend (the engine builder who put the long block together for me) said they look really good and they measured out spot on.
I looked for a set of used dual ports heads and by the time I figured the rebuilding costs, the shipping costs, and the 40-50 years of prior wear, it seemed the best value was to go new with MOFOCO America heads.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Kingavery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Had ordered a new 1641 15 months ago. Website said minimum 10 weeks. Called MOFOCO at 12 weeks and 2 week intervals after that. Was promised shipping on 3 occasions but nothing happened. I cancelled the order and built my own which runs well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Kingavery: Please give us more details on this transaction. I dont understand WHY a company that builds motors for a living, would not deliver one to you within the agreed upon time. Unless 1) you did not pay in full for the item or 2) you were a very hard person to work with. Please set this record straight and let Roy from MOFOCO respond.
Kingavery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I paid for the engine in advance with credit card. As I said in the previous post, I spoke with Roy or Paul on several occasions well after the purported waiting period, always politely since I believed they were being straight with me. It became evident to me that I was being strung along and that was unacceptable. I'm a retired dentist, sole proprietor, and if I had run my business that way I would have gone out of business a long time ago.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Kingavery: Please give us more details on this transaction. I dont understand WHY a company that builds motors for a living, would not deliver one to you within the agreed upon time. Unless 1) you did not pay in full for the item or 2) you were a very hard person to work with. Please set this record straight and let Roy from MOFOCO respond.

As usual, some people don't understand that I use email for communication for this very reason. We generally get engines done within an acceptable timeframe but the last 12 months, due to COVID causing parts shortages and labor shortages, has really strained us. I was emailing him updates for the last 3 weeks while I was getting it done(I am normally building 10 engines at the same time) and then as soon as it's done and I am waiting to get a confirmation on the shipping address, I get a chargeback through my bank. The engine was sold and shipped within 24 hours to a new customer and that was that.

I will not post private emails on a public forum BUT I have sent them to Everett in the past so he knows I am not BSing anyone.

Either way, I don't understand WHY he would decide to post this now. It's been 8 months since this occurred. I didn't go out of my way to attack him or slander him for causing me some serious headaches. I dealt with it and moved on. I suggest he does that same thing and enjoy the great engine he built.

https://www.facebook.com/mofoco?ref=ts&fref=ts

www.mofoco.com

Cylinder Head Reference Sheet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kingavery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I never received any email or phone contact, and this was all before Covid so that excuse doesn't wash.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Kingavery wrote:
I never received any email or phone contact, and this was all before Covid so that excuse doesn't wash.

Again sir, I have all the emails.

You placed the order on Dec 2nd 2019. The world went on lockdown at the beginning of March 2020. Your engine was completed and the video was sent on May 15th, 2020.

Again, I don't understand what the purpose of this is. Are you just trying to make me look bad?

www.mofoco.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I hope my motor runs better than the customer service I'm receiving. These guys can't even respond to a simple email. I'm not going to trash them yet, but after waiting 36 weeks when I was quoted 8, my patience is running T H I N.

Here's what I will say.... I paid for my motor in full in June '20 and at the time I wad told I was #87 on the build sheet. Let's just say at an average price of $3,500... That's at least $304,000.

HIRE A FUCKING OFFICE MANAGER TO RETURN EMAILS!

And if that's not an option, hire another engine builder and pay them $100k a year. Nothing pisses off people more than when you ghost them.
'03 EuroVan Weekender
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

westy66 wrote:
I hope my motor runs better than the customer service I'm receiving. These guys can't even respond to a simple email. I'm not going to trash them yet, but after waiting 36 weeks when I was quoted 8, my patience is running T H I N.

Here's what I will say.... I paid for my motor in full in June '20 and at the time I wad told I was #87 on the build sheet. Let's just say at an average price of $3,500... That's at least $304,000.

And if that's not an option, hire another engine builder and pay them $100k a year. Nothing pisses off people more than when you ghost them.

36 weeks???
that's an awfully long time to build an engine....

In all my years building engines, I've never had one with more than a 2-3 week turn around unless it was "exotic" or one of my layaway builds..
And I build every engine personally myself these days...

If I had an 87 list backlog I'd stop taking ppl's money and find someone who could knock out the backlog quickly.

87 builds with an average 20-30hr per build puts it nearly a yr to 1-1/2yr to wrap those up.. Shocked
high end build can run an easy 40-50hr which makes it even longer.

Now I know why JR's engine program only took on 10-12 builds a year..

I can understand taking a deposit and "securing" a job...but delivering in a timely matter is just as important...

Maybe subletting the builds out to other builders could help catch up?
Not a bad business idea if structured correctly.

Partner with builder's state to state, quicker turn around times, make a % off the build...kind of like a franchise...
Would cut down on shipping costs as well AND have local serviceability to the buyers.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

westy66 wrote:

I will not be getting into a whole story here, just the facts. This customer had already received and installed their engine. He was very upset that I could not get back to him fast enough through email on some free parts I was looking in my toolbox for. I said I would look on Thursday and had some personal issues that required my attention immediately. I responded as quickly as I could, which was coming to the shop this past Saturday morning with my kid before his baseball practice, to let him know that I didn't have what he needed.

www.mofoco.com

westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

I will not be getting into a whole story here, just the facts. This customer had already received and installed their engine. He was very upset that I could not get back to him fast enough through email on some free parts I was looking in my toolbox for. I said I would look on Thursday and had some personal issues that required my attention immediately. I responded as quickly as I could, which was coming to the shop this past Saturday morning with my kid before his baseball practice, to let him know that I didn't have what he needed.

Roy's missing a few details. I told him I said my piece and was done with this. But, here are the actual facts.

I thought I had exercised EXREME patience after waiting 36 weeks for a motor to be built after being quoted 8. (months would go by without an update) But I really didn't mind, I live in Cleveland and it was Winter. After receiving the motor and installing the entire thing I reach for my pulley and realized the oil pump studs were so long, my tin and pulley did not fit properly. Considering the number of motors leaving Mofoco, how has he not run into this problem before??? Who has pulley shims and sand seals in their parts bin?

I called Mofoco 3/31 AM and talked to a complete a$$hole on the phone who said I needed shims, but I should email Roy. I never heard of pulley shins before and was a little confused. (I've had air-cooled VWs for 25 years and never had to shim a pulley.) I sent Roy an email and he responded that evening offering to send shims or a spacer. Here's the response:

"I can look to see if i have some small shims or I can send you a spacer and longer pulley bolt out right away at no charge."

I was happy to have a resolution. Two days go by, I hear nothing. I send an email stating I found the parts at CB and would be willing to buy them myself if he couldn't find them.... Just please respond to my email. I hear Nothing.

The third day, he sends an email stating he couldn't find anything and he would send something out on Monday. (The 5th day) I told him not to fucking bother, I bought them myself. I shouldnt even have been that mad, because I bought the motor knowing their customer service was lacking. I was mad to be strung along for 3 days when I should have just gotten the parts myself. It would have taken 3 minutes to open the shim drawer, check and then text me back. I could have had a sand seal next day on Amazon. I missed out on a photo shoot scheduled on Easter with the fam.

To me, "right away" isn't 5 days. And 3 days just to respond to an email is unacceptable when you tell someone "right away". But if someone quotes 8 weeks and delivers in 36, than I guess right away is a week.

Ive run my own business by myself for 16 years, I don't turn the computer off at night until my emails are sorted out. After waiting 36 weeks, I shouldn't have to collect more than my original parts to get the motor to fit back in my bus.

I havnt even started it yet LOL
'03 EuroVan Weekender
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

westy66 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

Roy's missing a few details. I told him I said my piece and was done with this. But, here are the actual facts.

I thought I had exercised EXREME patience after waiting 36 weeks for a motor to be built after being quoted 8. (months would go by without an update) But I really didn't mind, I live in Cleveland and it was Winter. After receiving the motor and installing the entire thing I reach for my pulley and realized the oil pump studs were so long, my tin and pulley did not fit properly. Considering the number of motors leaving Mofoco, how has he not run into this problem before??? Who has pulley shims and sand seals in their parts bin?

I called Mofoco 3/31 AM and talked to a complete a$$hole on the phone who said I needed shims, but I should email Roy. I never heard of pulley shins before and was a little confused. (I've had air-cooled VWs for 25 years and never had to shim a pulley.) I sent Roy an email and he responded that evening offering to send shims or a spacer. Here's the response:

"I can look to see if i have some small shims or I can send you a spacer and longer pulley bolt out right away at no charge."

I was happy to have a resolution. Two days go by, I hear nothing. I send an email stating I found the parts at CB and would be willing to buy them myself if he couldn't find them.... Just please respond to my email. I hear Nothing.

The third day, he sends an email stating he couldn't find anything and he would send something out on Monday. (The 5th day) I told him not to fucking bother, I bought them myself. I shouldnt even have been that mad, because I bought the motor knowing their customer service was lacking. I was mad to be strung along for 3 days when I should have just gotten the parts myself. It would have taken 3 minutes to open the shim drawer, check and then text me back. I could have had a sand seal next day on Amazon. I missed out on a photo shoot scheduled on Easter with the fam.

To me, "right away" isn't 5 days. And 3 days just to respond to an email is unacceptable when you tell someone "right away". But if someone quotes 8 weeks and delivers in 36, than I guess right away is a week.

Ive run my own business by myself for 16 years, I don't turn the computer off at night until my emails are sorted out. After waiting 36 weeks, I shouldn't have to collect more than my original parts to get the motor to fit back in my bus.

I havnt even started it yet LOL

AND here we go.

First, our engine completions times are ESTIMATES and MINIMUMS not guarantees. And if you don't know what's happening in the world with parts shortages in every industry there is, then I don't know what to tell you.

Second, you installed the pulley, the engine wouldn't turn and then you called, talked to "the asshole" who was trying to help you but didn't understand what you were saying and told you that you had to talk to me. He relayed your problem to me, I dropped everything I was doing and took pictures of the BOLTS(not studs and nuts) that I use to give maximum clearance for the engine tin and pulley. I told you that the way to fix this "problem" is to use a punch and hit the tin to "form" it around the filter pump OR you can use a spacer. I told you I would look for the spacers and if I had them, get them out ASAP. Within 20min of this, I had a personal situation that required my immediate attention and I wasn't able to look for them. The next time I was able to(this was a Thursday, the next day was Good Friday) was Saturday morning, I stopped at the shop with my kid before he had baseball. I checked my tool box, didn't have the spacers and then immediately sent the email.

I just don't understand how people can think that THEIR problems are now MY emergencies. Especially since I was NEVER told of this photoshoot, which even if I had the shims, you would not have gotten them on time.

And let's just circle back here, I have now wasted at least 2 hours of my time with emails that Sat and now, defending myself against someone who is pissed off that I didn't get back to them fast enough about whether I could send them FREE PARTS.

I feel confident I did as much as I could to help and am now getting shit on because of it.

Thank you again for your purchase, I hope you find a new source for your VW needs that can help you instantly, every single time you need it.

www.mofoco.com

Matt_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've got nothing but good things to say about my experience with Roy and Paul Henning at Mofoco. Anyone who comes on here and complains like some of you have are real cry babies.

They are some hard working blue collar dudes working in an old school machine shop. I was patient and appreciative and got a really sweet looking and running hand built engine in return. And considering the way 2020 went down I certainly believe it was in as timely a fashion as possible.

BTW I had to trim my pulley tin to fit over the filter pump cover. I used an angle grinder. It took five minutes. I didn't cry or require a hug.
55rover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Kubelwagen project

Ordered a Kubelwagen from Kubelcraft (www.kubelcraft.com) over a year ago (Sept 2021). Plan to use as a light RV tow behind vehicle (1,800 lbs, ~800 kg). Vehicle build schedule was (at the time) out nine months. Spec'ed an IRS chassis (got a 72) with a Benco transaxle and MOFOCO engine (trans and engine ordered separately). Benco transmission delivered Nov. 2021 (3 months). Kubelcraft notified me that car was complete Sept. 2022 (12 months).

MOFOCO listed build times at time of order: "All engine builds are currently at a minimum 16-20 weeks lead time."

I am still waiting on MOFOCO engine (over 12 months now). Inquiries indicated supply chain issues and specifically engine block availability. Will report back when delivered and any engine issues.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55rover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

55rover wrote:
Kubelwagen project

Ordered a Kubelwagen from Kubelcraft (www.kubelcraft.com) over a year ago (Sept 2021). Plan to use as a light RV tow behind vehicle (1,800 lbs, ~800 kg). Vehicle build schedule was (at the time) out nine months. Spec'ed an IRS chassis (got a 72) with a Benco transaxle and MOFOCO engine (trans and engine ordered separately). Benco transmission delivered Nov. 2021 (3 months). Kubelcraft notified me that car was complete Sept. 2022 (12 months).

MOFOCO listed build times at time of order: "All engine builds are currently at a minimum 16-20 weeks lead time."

I am still waiting on MOFOCO engine (over 12 months now). Inquiries indicated supply chain issues and specifically engine block availability. Will report back when delivered and any engine issues.

Was informed that it would be three weeks (11 October). Now another two weeks. Put on calendar.
mbrobe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

Get ready for every excuse under the sun. They still have not figured out how to manage customer expectations and experience appropriate to the current times we are living in.
69RVABUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

55rover wrote:
55rover wrote:
Kubelwagen project

Was informed that it would be three weeks (11 October). Now another two weeks. Put on calendar.

Well hello, order 35346, order 35196 here. I placed my order in July 2021 and I still haven't received my engine. I was also told that there was a long lead time because of engine block availability. I just happened to have a new block, so I shipped that to him. THAT happened in February.

Was told that I would receive a $650 credit towards my order and I would have my engine within two weeks. I still have no engine, nor do I have my $650 credit.
55rover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

69RVABUG wrote:
55rover wrote:
55rover wrote:
Kubelwagen project

Well hello, order 35346, order 35196 here. I placed my order in July 2021 and I still haven't received my engine. I was also told that there was a long lead time because of engine block availability. I just happened to have a new block, so I shipped that to him. THAT happened in February.

Was told that I would receive a $650 credit towards my order and I would have my engine within two weeks. I still have no engine, nor do I have my $650 credit.

Thanks for the info. Big mistake paying second half of invoice. I might have to eat this one.

55rover
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: