Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wayne Johnson - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Wayne S. Johnson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
swede-german
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication, transaction and the quickness of shipping with Wayne was outstanding! Thank you Wayne, it was a pleasure doing business with you!!!!
SOWEGA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife ordered a 6v/12v starter from Wayne for her squareback. The transaction was smooth and shipping was fast. Most importantly, the starter is amazing. Highly recommended!!!

Quote:
There are a lot of people just driving their buses around doing normal routine maintenance and they don't post their horror stories on here. On here you hear about the problems.
66DC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: 12 volt Hybrid Starter is the way to go! Reply with quote

Wayne saved me time and money with his Starter it works perfect every time. I would recommend him anyone looking to go 12 volt.

If you have a 6 volt VW and are wanting 12volt this is the only way to go!

Very Happy Very Happy
TravelinTrav
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I got the HIGH TORQUE HYBRID 6/12 starter installed yesterday complete with new bushing as instructed. It cranks the engine over super fast. It starts
like a New Honda, now! I am so thankful that you are supplying these. "

I e-Mailed the above quote to Wayne, and he asked me if I would post it as feedback. My quote looks like something out of an infomercial, but I sincerely mean it. If you are looking to keep your transmission bell housing in tact, and run a 12v system, try one of these.

Thanks.
sianbear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: radio regulator Reply with quote

I bought the 12V to 6V radio regulator from Wayne. The transaction was quick and efficient. Mailing time was excellent, I received the regulator within a week.

What made this transaction stand out is Wayne’s unparalleled customer support. He answered all my questions quickly and even took the time to help me trouble shoot why my radio light wasn’t working.

I would not hesitate to recommend him or purchase from him in the future.
java66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: re: Hybrid Starter... Reply with quote

Wayne- thanks so much for the ultra fast shipping during this crazy holiday time. I installed the starter and it works awesome- thanks so much!
CBeditsch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne's converted starter works great! It helped me a lot. My engine starts perfect.

Great starter, great guy.

Recommend him to anyone!

Greetings from germany.

Chris Laughing
Greg Lehmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, your starter arrived extra speedily especially considering easter and has now been fitted and working absolutely perfectly. Another happy customer!

Thanks again,
Greg
Melbourne,
Australia
ginoinoh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Wayne has the best products and service Reply with quote

Ordered the hybrid starter, radio regulator and the radio input mod for an ipod. All are the best quality and work perfectly. Great communication
and fast delivery. Wayne, thanks again for all your help and support.

Gene

'65 Beetle
Greg Lehmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Saved again! Reply with quote

Thank you Wayne for another great product with great communication and delivery. As advertised your Wiper Motor Controller works perfectly and was a breeze to fit with your easy to read instructions and fitting kit, you've saved my beloved Beetle again.

This is the second product I've bought from Wayne (the first being a 6V starter motor converted to 12V) and on both occasions I've found his service and products to be fantastic, and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks again mate,

Greg
my59vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: 6 volt power amp Reply with quote

Bought one of wayne's 6 volt power amps. amazing power output from a 6 volt source. I am very pleased with his service and he is easy to get in touch with.

You can check out pics of his amp in my 57 under my name.
jerry montano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliottjohnson wrote:
The flywheel on my 63 bus had been marred by the previous starter, which was totally shot . . . He shipped the hybrid 6/12v starter out to me and I had it tested at the local shop just to be sure and everything was great. Popped it in and the engine turns over beautifully.

Did you have to replace the flywheel on your bus? And if so does that mean you had to remove the tranny to get to it? My 6v starter in my 12v bug ocassionally grinds when I try to start up. I imagine that my flywheel has some issues too at this point, and I want to plan on what I'll need to do once I start the project of putting in one of Wayne Johnson's hybrid starters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mike&hol3186
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: wsj Starters Reply with quote

Can’t go another minute without sharing the great experience and fantastic results I got in my dealing with Wayne Johnson and his hybrid 6/12 volt starters! As part of my winter project of converting my ’65 Beetle, I sent Wayne my starter for conversion to 12 volts. All of my dealings with him have been helpful, educational and turn around time was less than a week. Most importantly, the end result is awesome without having to
change fly wheels and clearance the bell housing. Just thought this might save others doing a conversion the work and hassle. Thanks to Wayne and to the Samba (where I found him) for the help and support!
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: wsj Starters Reply with quote

Just thought I post this up, I've had one of Wayne Johnson's 6/12 Hybrid Starters in my bug since April of 2009 and it has worked every time I hit the Key. Plenty of torque. This Starter is Awesome, and for those of us that don't want to grind on our bell housing it's the only way to go.
Dewayne Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed Wayne's Semaphore Controller on my '59 Bug. Works great, easy to install and Wayne is really easy to work with and willing to help you. We need more people like Wayne in the world....

Drive 'em if ya got 'em, and don't brag if you didn't do the work yourself...

'64 SO34
'60 SO23
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cpike1701
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Hybrid 6v starter Reply with quote

Finally got the hybrid installed and it works great.
Now I have a 12v-style flywheel that starts with a 6 volt starter (6 volt gear on bendix and "transplanted" motor winding and armature inside of an autostarter style stater.

I also love the fact it's a self-supporting starter so I didn't have to mess with the bushing.

Thanks Wayne!!
teuton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

This guy is legit.

I sent him a postal money order and he sent me a radio.

Good communication.

Excellent and careful packaging.

Thank you Wayne!
samsworkstation
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

HAPPY CUSTOMER FROM ITALY
So I finally got Wayne's Hybrid starter installed but not without replacing the gear ring. YES I AM VERY HAPPY, the car has never run so smoothly. I don't know how to describe it but just by the noise the starter makes when it begins to spin I can tell that it is not hard on it, there is definitely coordination in the movements between the pinion going out spinning and interlocking with the teeth of the gear ring. No more of that nasty grinding sound like the starter is tying to "drag along" the flywheel for a spin. I did notice that on previous comments the gear ring is not always mentioned. To me it may be obvious but I suppose not to all, you cannot resolve the issue 100% without also checking your gear ring for damaged teeth. I am attaching here a picture of the gear ring still on the flywheel which was removed. I had an extra flywheel prepped ahead of time. Just imagine what would have happened if I had installed the new Hybrid starter without replacing the damaged gear ring!!!!
Yes it is true that means more work and more money spent, but what choice would anyone have? Let me ask you , imagine you had to get new tires for your car specifically because they had worn out at an angle due to the alignment being totally off. Would you spend the extra money for a new set of tires and yet not get an alignment?
Not sure if the resolution is good enough but I am posting the picture of the worn out teeth on the old gear ring, half the teeth have been grinded away by the old 6v starter. GO THE EXTRA MILE AND REPLACE YOUR GEAR RING TOO!!!!!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jjjjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought one of Wayne's hybrid starters. Excellent communication, quick ship and well packaged. Works great. VERY happy customer. So nice to have this sorted!
IG:j.stenner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rorrerhow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayne Johnson - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wayne is the top of the line and it is buyers and sellers like him that make samba the great website it is .
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: