Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the CTS show we compared the profile of the McMaster-Carr seal that Paul purchased with an NOS one that we had on hand and they are spot on the same. If I'm ever fortunate enough to get a Wolfsburg bus you can bet I will go the cheaper route. $20 shipped for 6' verses $200 for an NOS one? No brainer here.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zuggbug wrote:
Greg, i had to try a couple of differnt stiffness, the firsr one was too hard, so i ordered one that was softer. It is a little stiff right now, but i feel it will soften up with time.

Brian, I purchased 6' and i think it was less than $20 shipped.

It looks good. Good work.

My nos seal I used was very supple, but it was still hard to close the door when new. It's getting better.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: McMaster Carr seal Reply with quote

I got one of the McMaster Carr seals but I'm not sure how you guys installed it. Did you cut it down so you are just using the round section? Is it a pressure fit or did you glue it in? Thanks for sourcing the seal, I've been looking for one for quite a while.
joshbuchan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

See this proves early Wolfsburg doors are suppose to be bent at the top Cool
Feb 55 SC

All of a sudden I'm kinda all interested in the quirky WB bus features?!?
joshbuchan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Aug kombi would be Hannover has early door setup?

mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

On page 5 of this thread it shows a fat base mirror assembly. Who made this particular mirror? I need one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

iv been working a 1955 wolfsburg deluxe and spotted this number on the top rear cargo door hinge,i looked at some of my later buses and they don't have it,,is this a wolfsburg thing??does anyone have info on this number??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

What is the number stamped by the negative battery cable mounting threaded hole? Is it an eight as well?
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
What is the number stamped by the negative battery cable mounting threaded hole? Is it an eight as well?
il have to look tomorrow.
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joshbuchan wrote:
My Aug kombi would be Hannover has early door setup?

Can someone please explain the difference between a Wolfsburg and Hanover 56-58 slim gas filler door stamping? Looks to be the same with the exception of the seal.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
joshbuchan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

So mine doesn't use the seal?
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
On page 5 of this thread it shows a fat base mirror assembly. Who made this particular mirror? I need one.

Here's what's on page 5:

Here's repro fat base mirror arm, if you need it:
http://jogrusa.com/collections/accessories/products/fat-base-mirror-arms-55-67-bus

I don't know who makes that style you're interested in.
You can find the typical 55-57 or 58 mirror heads like this (wide perimeter indention & no stamping at base of stanchion, Happich, GHE, Frese) in the classifieds sometimes. There's probably four to six there now.

mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

The og mirror arms I have. That particular mirror I have one of. I am hoping to find another. I have only seen this mirror on 1955 bus and truck only. I am going to start searching pics of other German makes of that era to see if I can find more pics.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

Ok Seņor White.... good luck in your hunt! Looking forward to hearing the results.
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

Just discovered a small marking on my gas door hinge on the inside. This is way too small to photo. It Looks like a SW with a heart around it? Anyone else have any input on this?
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
Just discovered a small marking on my gas door hinge on the inside. This is way too small to photo. It Looks like a SW with a heart around it? Anyone else have any input on this?

Me thinks your bus really loves you Seņor White.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

Heh... it's magical... double rainbow type
Joshua B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

I was looking at a friend's recently acquired single cab about a month ago. It is a pretty original early '56 Hanover, does not have the tubular transaxle carrier. Anyway, it has the early style the earlier style gas door with rubber seal as expected, but also has the round drain holes in the bullet turn signal housings, the Wolfsburg style front floors with the round covers around the pedal seals, and also has a green faced speedometer. Are all of these items typical for 56 Hanover buses? I thought it was just the gas door that was the same and ran into the '57 model year. This bus is pretty original and unrestored, it has been sitting for decades. Next time I am over I will have to take some pictures.
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

joshbuchan wrote:
So mine doesn't use the seal?
My April 57 looks exactly the same, with thin lip door. The thin door ran through sometime in 58?

Maybee the continued to use the door, but dropped the seal sometime in early Hannover production. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
lasvegas13window
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Post Barndoor, Wolfsburg Bus Features And Changes Reply with quote

Ok, so I am buying some metal for my 55 Wolfsburg deluxe and I have some questions.

1. I need lower rear corners. Are the corners the same 55-67?
2. Is the Klassic Fab 55-57 decklid with the 3rd brakelight correct or does it need to be modified to be correct?
3. Are there any differences in belly pans?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 27

Jump to: