Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Car Craft @ Riverside CA.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

O.K . So I read this entire thread because I was thinking of purchasing an expensive item. Somewhat at least. Around 3G's. Mostly pos. feedback. A few neg. from obvious non vw types. (You can tell the true committed vw type by simply checking the last time they visited theSamba.)
Anyway, I was thinking all was good until I got to the last comments which were never resolved ? That would be the comments made right before this one by me.
Since I've opened this thread I'm wondering has anyone bought an engine kit from car craft ? Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
azkgcoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

thomas. wrote:
O.K . So I read this entire thread because I was thinking of purchasing an expensive item. Somewhat at least. Around 3G's. Mostly pos. feedback. A few neg. from obvious non vw types. (You can tell the true committed vw type by simply checking the last time they visited theSamba.)
Anyway, I was thinking all was good until I got to the last comments which were never resolved ? That would be the comments made right before this one by me.
Since I've opened this thread I'm wondering has anyone bought an engine kit from car craft ? Thanks in advance.

Really? Your definition of a "vw type" is that they post lots of messages here? I consider that both naive and an insult.

FYI, I bought my first VW back in 1963 (a 1958 Bug) and over the years I have owned 26 VWs and 3 Audis. 12 of those were air-cooled and I still own one. The rest were water-cooled and I now still own 5 of them. I still have my 2017 Audi. Over those 57+ years I have built, rebuilt and bought custom engines, maintained and restored and interacted with lots of VW shops.

I spent decades owning VWs before the Internet showed up. And my guess is that I have owned more VW cars than your age!

My encounter with Car Craft was totally wrong according to historic good service. First they sold me a crap Chinese starter without telling me (most good shops will only recommend/install a Bosch); and then after trying to get refunded after it failed within 3500 miles I only got silence after multiple attempts. I finally got it resolved by filing a complaint with the BBB! BTW, these guys are NOT members of their local BBB...big warning. After about 3 months I got a call asking where to send the refund check...no apology. I kept my anger in check and just got the check and cashed it.

I would not use these guys for buying a a set of fuses, much less drop $3K on an engine kit. Look at some of the other complaints about their engine rebuilt work.

Where are you located? There are a couple of great engine builders here in Arizona. People I have used for decades and trust. Very knowledgeable about what works and what can be done.

If you are looking for a rebuilt kit to do it yourself, then consider JBUGS. I have bought lots of stuff from them and never been dissatisfied. Plus they act like a business that will make things right without being threatened by the BBB.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
thomas.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.What I said about revisiting this site was meant more as a folksy type thing , like kidding around. I guess I should use those emogees from time to time. Especially if you took as an insult. I've only owned 5 or 6 air cooled over the years and bought my 1st in '77. A black '67 sunroof bug for$200 . No deals like that anymore. Back then it didn't seem so but it was only 10 years old ! I'm looking to build my own engine even though I've only did a few I can be quite anal about things. Anyway thanks for the heads up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

As far as BBB membership, the organization performs very few actual oversight duties. The cash grab is incredible though- $55 a month for their blue logo on my website.. and the cost goes up with each employee!

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

I had another great experience ordering parts from carcraft, yesterday I made a phone call in the middle of the day ordering a new case and exhaust system, and it arrived at my doorstep today at 10 a.m., I have always had a great experience ordering parts from them and getting delivered very quickly, their prices are one of the best on the internet.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Great experience w/Car Craft in general, today confirmed it. I had bought a set of 88mm thick walled AA pistons for '74's motor. One of them has a manufacturing defect where the pin will not fit into the piston's sleeve/boss. I sent Ron an email late last night along w/a picture of the offending piston. I got a personal call from him today to let me know that AA is shipping me a replacement piston and cylinder today! Now *that* is quality customer service! Very Happy Cool

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

I placed my first order with Car Craft on the 20th, shipped the 22nd, and arrived on the 24th. Very happy with the shipping time and parts, will be doing more business soon.
cletus_zuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Received my kit form CarCraft and it was missing parts. I sent an email and Ron called me to ;find out what I needed then had EMPI send the missing parts.
Pleased with the service!
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

I have made several purchases from Ron & the team at Car Craft. Exceptional service. Today it was clutch disc, PP & stuff to install a new motor into my buggy. Placed the order at 5 minutes before 1 and I received the shipping notice at 1:35 Very Happy

Thanks Ron. Your team is the best.

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Recently ordered some engine parts from Car Craft because their prices were quite a bit lower than everyone else. Got a call the next day confirming a few things. Parts shipped out that day. Very happy with what I received.
woodsbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

I bought a set of AA500 40x35 valve bored to 90.5 and cut to my required cc's. had them in less than a week. I also ordered 2 sets of AA 502 heads on March 14th bored to 94mm and combustion chambers adjusted to fit my needs. I received those heads on March 21'st. Ron and his crew do fantastic work and have great customer service, highly recommend.
Thanks
Kenric
vw356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

I have bought parts from Car Craft several times and have always been very happy with thier service, shipping times and quality of parts.
Just bought a suspension kit for a customer's 1971 super beetle.
Ron and crew are great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: