Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Car Craft @ Riverside CA.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wbrown45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of 40 HPMX's for the 1915 I just built for my Thing. The man I talked to (Ron I believe) was extremely friendly, and helpful. The package came in 2 days less than they told me, and it was packed extremely well. I love the carbs, and they are runinng happily on my new engine. I will definitely order more parts from Car Craft.
speranzados
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Car Craft Reply with quote

Where to begin...I'm not at all shocked to see the other negative posts here. After another shop failed miserably, I decided to get one of Car Craft's zero mile 1700cc engines. They were polite until they had my bus hostage, then they were total pricks. My engine? Has not stopped leaking oil since I picked it up. The first leak I found was due to their having re-used a torn o-ring distributor seal. I fixed that with another shop (used as my witness). Next leak was the oil sender (no thread sealant). Then the front crank seal and the fuel pump gaskets. All of this in under 1000 miles. And the carburetor they sold me is complete crap and won't idle properly When I spoke to the owner about these problems (and his staff's lies) he said all VWs leak and insisted that there's a mystifying difference between a drip and a leak and he defended the liar. I didn't mention the carb to him. The last thing I'll do is take the bus back to them to fix any of this. They're dishonest, rude and they're liars. If you take your VW to them, be ready to bend over, and keep bending over chasing your oil "Drips" Mine "dripped" at a rate of 1qt per 400 miles. I now have it down to "dripping" 1/3qt every 1000. Buyer BEWARE!
pilzberi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: king pin reamer Reply with quote

I purchase a king pin reamer from carcraft. Couldnt be happier. I have purchased carbs in past...great price...very helpful on the phone. Some of you guys would bitch whatever happen.
wrenchnride247
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made my first purchase from Carcraft. I called the order in last Saturday. I forgot an item and called back about two hours later, the guy on the phone said the online order guys had left for the day, and I told him it was a phone order. He gave the phone to a another guy that asked my name, and what I needed to add, told him what I forgot, he said; "No problem". I called today to see if I could get a tracking number, and was told my order was out for delivery with the UPS guy... four hours later, UPS dropped my boxes off! Everything is there, and looks good! They even opened a factory box to put some of my smaller items in to save packing another box. Very happy with my purchase and price paid! Carcraft will get future business from me!

'62 SC 69x90.5 SP TI
'70 T1 84x105 DP T4
alex dearborn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Car Craft negatives Reply with quote

I sent my oval to Car Craft with a clear and detailed worklist… basicly to improve an already good car by installing new, stock front and rear brakes and suspension. When the car returned by truck to New England, it was so poorly assembled as to be undriveable. Front suspension was frozen up and turned out to be without grease and held together by tie-wraps. Wheel bearings leaking, parts missing, heaters not assembled, engine lacking some needed parts to run well, and so on. Their estimate was 2 weeks, but it took 7 months. I am having to completely re-do every component they worked on, and I have junked their front beam and started over. It was well understood that I wanted this car actually drive, but it will be a winter's project to make that happen in a new shop.
johnanddes
Satellite Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My trans blew in my 64 after 50 years of service about 2 months ago. When I pulled this trans, it didn't look like a trans, it looked like a ball of grease. I bought a rebuilt 67 trans from Ron and the guys at Carcraft. Great group, Ron advised me not to go with the freeway flyer for one (I have a stock 1600) and also made sure I had all the right parts for my install. Thanks to the lightning quick shipping, I had my trans and my car up and running in 4 days. The install went flawlessly. I've since sold the 64, got a 69 and the trans is till going strong (I see the car driving around everyday, it reminds me of that old girlfriend you see around town with another dude. While you feel sad, you Then remember all the problems you to had with her and smile because she isn't your problem anymore Wink ). I won't hesitate to buy parts from them again.

1969 documented numbers matching bug
1968 F250

Keepin the ISS from colliding with space junk
Dr OnHolliday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove up to Car Craft and bought a kingpin reamer a while back. Now I live in the area and I'm stopping by there tomorrow to buy parts, because I was impressed by my previous experience.
1965 Type 1 sunroof Baja / about 70k miles on self-rebuilt '74 1600 and counting / SP heads and aftermarket valve keepers / non-doghouse shroud with external cooler and filter / 1.5 qt extended sump / Weber 32/36 DFAV progressive carb / 009 dist with Pertronix / 1.25 ratio rockers and ball adjusters / 1.5" stainless steel J-pipes and carbon steel baja exhaust
veedubnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Just caught up with this thread and yea jmoney or whatever got a lesson in 21st century machine shop business. Sure you can argue that a "responsible" machine shop should hold your hand and feed you cookies while you mortgage your house and pimp you wife to get a chrome washer. They should steer you clear of "pitfalls" and "old tech". But was is that really? Just a business trying to make some coin.

Or, as in his case, these guys know what the hell they are doing. You come in, slap your salami on the counter and dictate what shall and shall not be done...well King Farquad...your wish was their command. Sure maybe they shoulda said "Hey N00b! This is a single relief case!" MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE YOUR HOMEWORK and figured out it wasn't the ideal prospect before going to said speed shop with your stroker dreams.

To further illustrate my point (and your customer error) this is a TRUE story: Customer comes in with a 4 door Dodge, 318. Oil leak won't stop. He KNOWS it's the rear crank oil seal. I hear my manager ask him if he wants our ace tech to look at it...NO. It's the rear oil seal. please replace. OOOOOOKKKKK.
On the lift, drain oil, remove pan, remove rear main cap, cuss like roofers until old cotton/lead seal is out, replace seal, bolt it all up, drop car, fill with oil, start engine...drip...drip...drip. Ace mechanic walks over...oh. Cracked oil pressure sender on the rear of the block. A simple screw in $10 part cost this joker over $500.

Point is you are mad because they didn't hold your hand. Truth of the matter is: go into a place with lots of chrome and anodized parts...ask LOTS of questions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rorrerhow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Have bought from Car craft in person and mail order. Have bought at the counter and Ron on the phone for orders . Never any issues. Will continue to do business with them. Used to buy several grand a year from CP! but it all goes to Car Craft because of their service and prices,Howard in Oshkosh , Wi.
icemanhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Ron and the gang at Car Craft are just aces to deal with. They have fantastic pricing, are very knowledgeable, and the icing on the cake is their shipping charges are very very reasonable. I have bought stuff from them for years and am always 100% satisfied.
76 912E
87 911 Carrera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BMAN130
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

i rarely write reviews because idt anyone reads them

started dealing with Ron and he was great eventually i got cordial with Austin and hes another prize

these guys have great service,they're prices CAN NOT be beat, when u compare their prices even with shipping clear across the country they're giving away parts over at CarCraft
Car Craft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

We do read them and appreciate the kind words
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
siacs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that I have been doing business with CarCraft for the past few years. Narrowed beam and all the fixings a couple years ago. Couple weeks ago all the parts to assemble my 1915. Austin calls me if something looks funny or to ask if I really needed part x or did I want to add part x as I needed it to complete my project. Did I really want 2 of these etc. . Shipping is fast and reasonable.
Not sure if I ever spoke with Ron. I've called others to inquire but some of them kinda made me feel like I was bothering them. I highly recommend CarCraft for everything. think I have spent 3-4 k for my projects. Shipping has always been cheaper then the website shows cause they care enough to pack smart and charge accordingly. Hats off to this team. Never any issues Top notch Guys.
Tony De
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

I have been out of vw scene for 10 years, sold off all cars and parts. Stumbled on a project and took the leap. no engine, no brakes, you all know the story. c
Called carcraft and they were very helpful with parts advise. ordered new clutch and other odds n ends. quick shipping, great prices and customer service. What else could i ask for. Thanks carcraft. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Tony
Car Craft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Our customers are awesome !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
amrcnbadaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

So I just rebuilt the 1904 in my 69 with parts from CarCraft. Got a stroker crank kit with I-beam rods, w120 cam with straight cut gears, 1.25 rockers, oil pump with filter, HD throttle cable, etc...

The rods somehow were missing bolts. Not CC's fault... shit happens. They were very quick to get them in the mail to me and I had plenty of time to get my car together for a upcoming car show just a few days away. Have since made another order for some scat pushrod tubes.

Their customer service was on point and they guys I talked to were very friendly. I will be making another big purchase this spring when I resurrect my former show car baja.

Thanks again Ron, Austin, and the crew!! Car is running awesome!!!
Car Craft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Thanks for the great feedback, sorry about the bump in your build. Glad we could get it fixed for you in a timely manner. Enjoy your motor. Ron
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Picked up a reground camshaft from them… At home yesterday, I unwrapped the cam shaft, and found nine of the gear teeth to be damaged beyond usability. (Eleven more teeth are damaged; I COULD have used it in a pinch, which I am, except for the major damage…)

Ron at CC has been very communicative since they opened up shop today promptly at 8am. They'll be taking care of me, but it's just another lesson in "inspect all parts before you leave any shop!" Confused

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Picked up a reground camshaft from them… At home yesterday, I unwrapped the cam shaft, and found nine of the gear teeth to be damaged beyond usability. (Eleven more teeth are damaged; I COULD have used it in a pinch, which I am, except for the major damage…)

Ron at CC has been very communicative since they opened up shop today promptly at 8am. They'll be taking care of me, but it's just another lesson in "inspect all parts before you leave any shop!" Confused

Robbie

Hmm, I can't edit my original post to say this, but Ron has really gone above and beyond to make the issue right. I won't hesitate to do business with them again!

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
azkgcoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Car Craft @ Riverside CA. Reply with quote

Fast forward to 2019 and my experience with Car Craft.

I was on trip to the NW US and while in Riverside, the starter in my 1970 Karmann Ghia failed. I went to Car Craft to get the problem solved. They were friendly and replaced my starter and I was on my way.

But.... about 3 weeks and 3500 miles later while I was returning through remote northern Nevada that starter failed! I had to limp my way down to Las Vegas to get it replaced. It appears that the spring in the Bendix broke, and luckily it did not damage the flywheel ring gear. With a new (Bosch) starter I returned back to Phoenix with no problems.

I contacted Car Craft via email with "Ron" and he told me to return that failed starter and I would then get a refund. I sent it back by UPS with a signature required. UPS logged that "Shane" signed for it. But over a month later various emails and phone calls to "Ron" have resulted in no response. basically Ron or whoever has tried to blow me off. I am just asking for a refund of $85 for the faulty starter... not demanding a refund of the original installation cost or the replacement labor costs. Totally reasonable.

But absolutely NO response or refund.

These guys are totally not honest! Avoid them both at the local level in their garage, and most likely in their on-line store. Really? Would you want to order a part from them and then find that it is crap? My guess is that they will totally ignore any refunds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: