Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

this is a message of warning to all who consider buying a mofoco engine... they sold us a bad engine and will not take responsibility. i have made a
complaint with the better business bureau. i am trying to get others with bad mofoco stories to also file a complaint, it's easy and free to do on-line. your complaint will then become accessible to the public - helping to warn others not to buy from this company. it will also help spark an investigation of mofoco. i want mofoco under investigation. this still doesn't get my bus back on the road, so if anyone has some good advise on where to get a GOOD engine in the midwest please e-mail me. also e-mail me with your bad mofoco story and i'll post it on a web site soon. thanks for your help!
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:52 am    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

What is the problem with the engine? If your going to flame them here give us the details.....
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

it's all detailed in my complaint to the bbb. but here's the short. we bought a rebuilt longblock, we pay to have it installed, it shot oil and smoke and ran very hot. so we call mofoco - they wont take it back, they make us drive it to milwaukee, adjust it a bit, we take it back and have to pay more to have it installed again... now it runs so hot we cant drive more than 20 minutes... and green light is flickering. they tell us to bring it back again. when all i wanted was to give it back and get money back. now we are stuck with no bus, no way to get it back to them. there are lots of complaints like our on the internet... lots of mofoco warnings. i am just trying to do my part in making it known to others who want to drive their vw - not tow it to milwaukee.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

Ouch! Whats up with the shop that installed it? Why did you not have them build you an engine? Are you sure( you may never know) that they properly timed it ect. Are they even a VW competent shop? That is the big drawback on longblocks if they are not installed and the timing set right, no intake leaks, carb adjusted correctly so as not to run lean.... ect..ect..they will burn up in short order.....
By the way where have you seen all these postings on Mofoco selling shit engines? I have been on alot of sites ( not 24/7) but have not seen any such postings...
Also, I think if you buy from a source that is not in your town it IS your responsibility to get the engine/part back to them, I think the shop you had install it deserves some scrutiny as well...
Good luck getting it resolved... your in a tough spot.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

look on ther internet - search for bad mofoco engines.... there are lot of complaints out ther.
as for my mechanic, he has been a vw mechanic for 30 years... he no longer rebuild them, just fixes ours.... and we've never had any problems with him before
thayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

ready the beetle section for additional details. It's an eye opener.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busnutbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:27 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

MOFOCO sells JUNK! Several years ago I bought a long block for a friend. When I got it I could see it was a junk case with new external parts. M FxxC O wouldn't even talk to me about a refund, all they would do is look at it if I paid the return shipping. They built a 1600cc motor out of a 40 hp case; sure it can be done, but why, the oil passages are smaller, etc. All case savers were installed wrong, it leaked like a sieve, etc. etc. The biggest laugh was when I took it apart - I video taped the whole process noting all of the junk parts that were inside. It was absolutely unbelieveable! My final mistake was returning the short block to them along with a detailed letter describing the problems. I never heard a single word from them and lost the total cost of the engine. They probably reused the shit case on some other sucker. I used any good new parts that I took off and built an engine myself that is still running flawlessly today. So if anyone wants proof that MOFOCO will screw you,(and a good laugh) send me the cost of the video and postage I will send you a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deluxebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

The MoFoCo name is a spin off of FoMoCo(ford motor Company) Wonder if their's means Mother Fucker Company? I too have heard alot bad about them. Brand new engines not lasting 2 miles, sending it back for another one, and getting the same one back and it lasting another 20 mins. My friend finally gave up on them getting it right.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

i am REALLY trying to get people to file a complaint with the better business bureau.
you can do it on-line... it's free... it's easy . . .
and mofoco will hear about it.
or you can e-mail mofoco and ask them why wont they give me my money back.
please - i need help on this one.
lostone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

been reading this same topic/whine in other areas on this site,simply put ,this guy is lugging/underrevving the engine to the point of meltdown!!!!!!!!!!just my opinion..
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

give me a break - this company screwed me out of almost $1000
this is a lot of money to me.

not to mention that it one more bus off the road.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

Mofoco sucks and I mean sucks!!!! They will screw you over time after time! I bought a brand new turn key 1835cc type 1 engine installed it, ran for about half hour and locked up! Had good oil press when I started. The guy named bruce will screw you over to no end! Most of there parts are cheap shit they will sell you they something will break on it and they will not stand good for it! I have lost over 3500.00 with those assholes! I lost on the 1835 the brand new starter,bent rims,bad 009's, bad calipers,cracked heads, and the best of all is the just 042's they have. I bought a new pair of them along with the engine I bought that blew up. anyways the 042's with stainless valve decieded to break off right at the keepers and suck in the valve and put it into brand new 94mm forged mahle pistons NICE!!! I had good oil and everything was to specs, They siad well We will sell you another pair sorry that happend These guys are dicks! Thanks mofoco!!! more like mofuckyou! Not to mettion all the business they lost from our customers please do yourself a favor and buy a good engine for GEX int. which I have had really good luck with, or parts from geneberg or cb preformance STAY AWAY FROM MOFOCO!!!!!!!!
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Mofoco sucks and I mean sucks!!!! They will screw you over time after time! I bought a brand new turn key 1835cc type 1 engine installed it, ran for about half hour and locked up! Had good oil press when I started. The guy named bruce will screw you over to no end! Most of there parts are cheap shit they will sell you they something will break on it and they will not stand good for it! I have lost over 3500.00 with those assholes! I lost on the 1835 the brand new starter,bent rims,bad 009's, bad calipers,cracked heads, and the best of all is the just 042's they have. I bought a new pair of them along with the engine I bought that blew up. anyways the 042's with stainless valve decieded to break off right at the keepers and suck in the valve and put it into brand new 94mm forged mahle pistons NICE!!! I had good oil and everything was to specs, They siad well We will sell you another pair sorry that happend These guys are dicks! Thanks mofoco!!! more like mofuckyou! Not to mettion all the business they lost from our customers please do yourself a favor and buy a good engine for GEX int. which I have had really good luck with, or parts from geneberg or cb preformance STAY AWAY FROM MOFOCO!!!!!!!!

I spoke to Bruce to What an Ahole.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: bad motors... Reply with quote

whew...this is plenty for anybody. Damn.

Someone said buy from GEX? Really?

Buy from MoFukYou? Really?

Someone has told me before..."you always pay for what you get."

I say...stick to the local guys in your area. At least if the engine blew up, you can walk to the shop and give it back.

Across state lines are always a risk. You would have trust someone really good for that build.

I build motors too for people across statelines. I Just be there for them when they do intall it...walk them over the phone if I have to. You should support the engine that you build. When someone give you their money to build them something, build that damn thing like it is yours.

I feel like I am being slapped when I have one of my motors blow up...regardless of who is driving or how it is driven.

Oh...there will be failures for anybody. Just be there for the customer and make things right again. Then again, there will be those mothers that just flat out know how to work the gray areas to rip off honest shops.

So it works both ways too. I have seen it either way when I used to work in a shop.

It is bad business all the way around. First the parts break and then you have to tell the owner how much it will cost him. One has to be very savvy to handle such situations.

Just my $5 worth.

regards to all ..NSR.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Flipseat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by Flipseat on Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipseat wrote:
Little bit of grave digging going on here huh?
But yes... I've had my own experiences with them and taking care of customers that have been bent over by them. Bottom line is run away. They haven't gotten any better in the 2+ years since this thread was started.

I bought the motor in 2001.

I paid for my doubt.

Next time I will build the engine myself.

I just want people to know what they are getting into.

And this isnt Cali. The VW scene is really dieing off here.
vwbrian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Flipseat,
How many engines of theirs have I rebuilt?
Brian
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: mofoco sells bad engines Reply with quote

deluxebus wrote:
The MoFoCo name is a spin off of FoMoCo(ford motor Company) Wonder if their's means Mother Fucker Company?

I think your right because everytime somebody buys a motor from them, they get the shaft and hang up the phone saying "MOTHERFUCKER"
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
1964VW
Samba Member

Location: I live where people chew dip,just past the sticks...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get it,as many engines as they have built that blew up
you think by now they would have learned how to build one right Idea

Kinda funny--It seems like theirs not a month that goes by without a "Mofoco sucks" thread.

Makes you think,how many mofo engines are still alive?
Do they give any kind of warranty on their stock motors?
If so,thats where buyers will be able to hold their nuts in a court of law.
Also wonder how many cases are filed against them?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are having a serious problem with a shop the BBB (better bisness bureau) is a joke and can't do much. Call the BAR (bureau of automotive repair) or the Department of Consumer affairs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: