Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Joe Langlois - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a set of lightweight wrist pins from Joe. Before I purchased them I asked him directly if they were rusty because the picture looked like there might be some rust on them or that the package was dirty from sitting on the shelf. Joe assured me that they were not rusty and that the package was sealed, just dirty from sitting on the shelf.

I got the package from the mail box and it rattled. The wrist pins were floating around in the box because the package was opened either from age or from the fact that it was poorly packaged. There was bubble wrap in the package but it wasn't taped around the pins. I pulled the wrist pins out of the box and they were in fact rusted to the point there are pits in them, totally not useable in my Bonneville race engine.

So now I'm out my $150CDN for the purchase plus $15 for taxes and postal brokerage charges.

I'm giving Joe the benefit of the doubt and hoping he makes this right.

Here's pictures of the pins as I opened them tonite
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Brad
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another unsatisfied customer of Joe/Paul Langlois.

I purchased a rebuilt 90.5mm heads in June 2017 for $380.I received them in two flat rate boxes that looked like they had been to hell and back. When I opened them loose Styrofoam popcorn came pouring out of the box and bits of it were EVERYWHERE. I bought the heads for a project that had somewhat got back burnered, so I only lightly inspected them. I did see some damage in the combustion chamber, but was assured they would be fine. I put a cylinder and none of the surfaces looked like they had gaps so I wrapped them up and slid them into the closet.

Fast forward to this last week nearly 7 months later and I am not on track to finish building the motor. I pulled the heads out to check the CC of the chambers (which Joe assured me he did and they were 49cc) and while screwing in one of the plugs on cylinder number 2 noticed a crack that went through the threads and into the valve.

I went ahead and CC'd all the chambers and they were actually 54cc, so two for two. This was a minor issue and actually I was happy with the CC but not so much the crack.

I contacted Joe today and asked for a remedy. The only one offered was for me to ship the cracked head back so he could put a time sert into it. I mentioend that this wouldnt hold the head together and he then said he would weld it, tap it and put a time sert into it. I mentioned that it was common opinion that heads cracked at the spark plug were considered by most to be junk and I would prefer to ship the cracked head back in exchange for a new one. His response:

"It's been a year. I've offered solutions. They weren't new to begin with. You asked questions. I answered. I wasn't trying to deceive you. I would used them with an insert. They are yours now for about a year. New parts have warranties not used. Take my solution and be happy, or don't and do your rant."

So essentially it was let me take a fucked up head and fuck it up some more with shoddy work and ship you crap that will fail sooner than later or kiss my ass and eat the entire amount.

Here is the thread I posted here asking for recommendations on if this could be reliably fixed: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8687577#8687577

Moral of the story, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Joe or his relative Paul (VW Innovator) Ill be posting a feedback on this guy as well.

Here is a link to the ad: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2004308
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

That's not the quality of the work I do. It's obviously the work I didn't do. Somebody missed it and I offered remedies but Sharp doesn't want it.
I offered to weld it and install a thread insert but it seems he would rather post the feedback for his money spent. I gave him a week to send it back, after 7 months no less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
That's not the quality of the work I do. It's obviously the work I didn't do. Somebody missed it and I offered remedies but Sharp doesn't want it.
I offered to weld it and install a thread insert but it seems he would rather post the feedback for his money spent. I gave him a week to send it back, after 7 months no less.

It’s commonly agreed that cracks in this area means the head is junk. Welding and retapping isn’t a solution. I paid $350 for a set of rebuilt heads. I paid for a set of good heads, not one with a crack going through the spark plug socket into the valve.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Mike Fitton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a VW interior light off of Joe, when I received it I realized it was missing one of the spade terminals. Must have been broken and it was conveniently trimmed off by Joe so as to hide it. His response was too bad you should have saw that in the picture posted. Obviously the part is no good so I sent it back and am waiting for a claim through PayPal. All for $28 can you believe it?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Mike Fitton wrote:
Just bought a VW interior light off of Joe, when I received it I realized it was missing one of the spade terminals. Must have been broken and it was conveniently trimmed off by Joe so as to hide it. His response was too bad you should have saw that in the picture posted. Obviously the part is no good so I sent it back and am waiting for a claim through PayPal. All for $28 can you believe it?

Yep. Sure can. FYI, he is affiliated/owns EVWParts as well. Buyer beware.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

First, I wouldn't normally write back to an idiot. I got the light back an it is not even broken. He is so single minded and ignorant that he did not even see that terminal is the brass piece that is factory riveted inside and goes directly to the metal piece that clips into the roof. IT IS THE GROUND. He had a great German light in his hand and sent it back because he didn't look close. He just jumped to a conclusion and caused this whole problem on such a small thing, As I said the part was exactly as pictured, clear as day and he is a liar, saying that the 3rd tab is broken off and pushed behind the clip holder. He then lied to paypal, filing a dispute for not as described.

So now I have back up for sale an original German interior light in fie working condition.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2140958
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fitton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Stay away from VWJoe he he sold me a defective part. If you buy from him use PayPal so you can file a claim and get a refund. PayPal did not hesitate to give me a refund since it must be a common occurrence, they may have shut his PayPal account down now. Be careful out there.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

That is all a bunch of crap and lies. The proof is in the pictures.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2140958

Paypal gave me back the money.
Figment
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a Ghia windshield.

When it shipped, Joe told me to open the package and inspect the glass in the presence of the (Fedex ground) delivery driver, which was good advice because it was broken.

The replacement was promptly shipped (via UPS) and arrived intact. I'm happy.
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just recieved a pair of Beetle heat exchangers from Joe. I sent payment 3 days ago and the parts came today. Well packaged too. They are used but usable and should clean up well. I feel I got good value and good service.

Thanks Joe!

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
3noses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Excellent service and communication from Joe on VW transaxle daisy flower set just purchased. Would certainly buy again!
baldessariclan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Inquired via email about a radio faceplate advertised for sale in the classifieds. Seller promptly sent me a picture of one in even better condition than what was shown in the original ad. I paid for it via PayPal, and received item in mail 3 days later, well packaged and exactly as described & pictured. A fast, smooth, and easy transaction — thanks Joe!

baldessariclan -- often in error, never in doubt...
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a front passenger seat back for my '74 Super Beetle a couple of months back from Joe. He took the time to rummage thru his shed of seats until we found one that could be salvaged. He then fixed/welded a broken spring on it and I was on my way home happy w/a completely usable part. Pleased w/the end results too!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
bayman111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: READ THE COMMENTS PLEASE- THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS Reply with quote

With all the negative comments how is this guy even still on here, just browsing thru ads and see he is still here, i bought from him in 2006, a so called rebuilt auto trans, would not pull the van 2 feet let alone drive lol, he wanted me to send it back and said he rebuilt with no way to test it so he did not know if even worked. AVOID ANY TRANS FROM THIS GUY.

But if you really want one of his auto rebuilt trans, i can sell you one for half price DOESNT WORK BUT will save you some money lol
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Couple replies. I told him he could send it back and he did not.
Second. Who knows why his your Van won't go?
Possiblities, bad torque converter. Engine no power. Broken pump shaft.
He only bought the automatic trans section of a Vanagon, not a whole trans.
2006, 13 years ago, Really.

And this does not apply to the other hundreds of transmissions I've rebuilt.
bayman111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

LOL, how long ago doesnt matter, you sold me junk, I still got it, can let you have it for $500 you can double your money selling to some other idiot. maybe i should post it for sale next to your ad, half the price but still rebuilt by you lol

- send it back, yeah my cost and no refund you would take a look at it and didnt have any way to test unit only visual

- van would nt go back auto trans was shot and installing yours did nothing, funny thing when i installed next one it went like snot

- bad torque converter?? the folks at gta stand behind their work and thats where anybody should go for rebuild

- why would i buy the whole transaxle when just trans unit wasnt working

Like others have said use PAYPAL, and NEVER BUY A TRANS FROM THIS GUY
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

You could have sent it back 13 years ago and got a refund or problem would have been fixed. You chose to harbour your feelings. Sorry it was worth it to you. I've always stood behind my work and supported customers after the purchase, helping them over the phone to get their problem solved.
bayman111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

No refund was offered, and reading your reputation from feedback, i wouldnt have gotten one if i did return it, you would have resold it to someone else as a working unit. YES I NEVER FORGET BEING RIPPED OFF AS DO MOST PEOPLE
if this feedback helps a fellow vw'er from wasting his money then my job is done.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

WOW....I have dealt with Joe on a few occasions and we had an issue with windshields a while back - manufacturing problem. Yeah, it was a little bit of a hassle repacking etc, but he resolved everything just fine and really it since I buy a bunch and have them in stock, one or two were here for a while. He really didnt need to replace it, but he did. No complaints and will deal with him again.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: