Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Joe Langlois - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Fast67Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Antenna Delete Reply with quote

Recieved my delete plug Saturday smooth transaction Cool
For parts sales its Better to call number listed below I can only check emails 1:30-10:30 CST
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good time making a deal with Joe. I ordered a pair of rear thing drums from evwparts. I also wanted the spacers for IRS stub axles, but I didn't see them on his website. I sent him an email about it. Turns out he doesn't stock spacers, but he said he could find some used stock ones. I already had the long spacer that goes between the bearings, so I only needed the seal race spacers. Sure enough, he dug some up and sent them with my drums for a good price.

I love that evparts give you the option to pay via paypal. I felt much safer using paypal as opposed to using a credit card like most other online stores.

I am very happy with the transaction. Thanks Joe!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
Vincent P. Quirus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Euro bumpers with guards part 1 Reply with quote

My first dealings with Joe started off fine.He has a really nice web site.I order stainless steel euro bumpers with buper guards and a pair of front inner repair panels.Like a kid at Christmas time I coulded what to open the box.The only thing in the box was the front and rear blades,nothing else.I emailed him.He said are you sure.Then he wanted me to take pics of the box.He finialy agreed that I got the wrong ones.Fine.Time went past with no emails from Joe.So I emailed again,He said that more would be coming in about 4 weeks.6 weeks go by I emailed again what's going on.2 weeks later they arrived at his place.I asked him to refund the other 2 parts twice he did not.So I desided to drive to Maryland from PA (2.5 hours+) ride.I also asked him if he had other parts for sale to make the trip worth whiled he said yes and to call before I leave.Ok.I call and he says " Please hold" I can hear him talking.He get's back to me and I tell him I will be the in 2 1/5 hours ok.2 1/5 hours later I call him when I'm really close.Again the same deal with the"Please hold"This time is much longer.I can hear BSing about nothing,laughing and I say"you have got to be kidding me".He comes back after hear that and tells me how to get to his place.He tells me to look for a orange bug out front and to turn in there.
Vincent P. Quirus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: 56 Euro Bumpers with guards Part 2 Reply with quote

This is on a main st.There is no sign and a small opening through the trees and brush.Parts and cars everywhere.He desided to go to lunch at the time I arrived.I looked around waiting for him.He went into the office (house)I went to the back door,nocked,and out came the most unprofessional person I've ever seen.He opened the door,pushing me out with a fist full of roastbeef sandwich in his hand and mouth while hold my box with the bumpers in it.Wrong!He opens to show me the bumpers only to show them to a local guy,not me .Wrong!I asked about fenders He hands me off to a 18year old kid who knows nothing.Wrong!We go out back and find nothing to fit my bug.But I save the best for last.Remember I told you about the "Please hold" I saw what he doe's .He take the cell phone and puts it next to his leg and goes on BSing for no reason.When I asked him for my refund he said "this weekend"No customer sevice.I will never do any business with him again.I had to contact PayPal to get my money back.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.... much like Vincent in the above post, I sought Joe out as a somewhat local rebuilder for transaxles. From his adverts in the classifieds it seemed he had the knowledge to do what I wanted done - a simple freeway flyer. I had a core, but wasn't sure it was suitable for the job, but said he could keep it if it wasn't what he could use. in our initial conversations over the phone he mentioned it would be about a week and a half to two week turnaround for a rebuild. Perfect! I called a day or so in advance to let him know I was heading his way at the end of the week and he said he'd be there and we would cover what I wanted done to the trans when I arrived.
A couple hours drive later, my GPS took me almost right to his door, though on the other side of the roadway. There was no sign, just an orange Bug at the end of the driveway - which was fine by me - a good landmark, so long as it doesn't get moved! Pulled in to the drive which turned out to be his home and garage/workshop. Nothing unusual there - lots of places like that. I found a place to park the truck (a feat in itself) and went to the garage and was met by three young kids, maybe in their early twenties. No worries there - but where was Joe? Nowhere to be found. So I had to leave my trans with the shop crew who, to be fair, seemed to know what they were talking about. I left a deposit and insisted on some sort of receipt, which was written on a piece of scrap paper by one of the boys. I made sure they had written what I wanted done and attached it to the trans.
Towards the end of the day (I had arrived around 10 that morning and planned on spending the day at Inner Harbor with the wife), Joe calls me and goes through what I had wanted. He assures me that all is good, though the trans I brought down didn't have the pinion I needed and he'd need to pull one from his stockpile. No worries, do what you need to do.
Two weeks go by and not a peep. Three weeks approach and I call to see where the trans is. The response was basically 'we have work ahead of yours and we'll get to it when we can', which was fine, but at least give me a status update. You have my email and all my phone numbers. Anyway, at the end of the third week I call again and say I have a deadline, which I do, and need the trans by X date. Joe tells me they are waiting for parts... what? Apparently they were putting in a new reverse gear when it was found that their stock had been sold and nobody ever said anything. The gear was to come from Germany and was slated for delivery sometime around Easter. Um... wouldn't you put aside whatever you needed for a rebuild, even if you wound up not needing it? Since I wasn't going to hit my delivery date there was little I could do but wait.
I call last Monday and Joe tells me they are wrapping it up and should be able to ship in the next day or two ( I wasn't driving there again). I wait, and wait, and wait a little longer until this past Thursday when I receive an email apologizing for the delay. He said that they had discovered the case was cracked on the rebuilt unit and had to put together another one for me. Um.. what?? Don't you inspect your cases before you start??? And if it only took a week to put it together anyway, why was I delayed almost two and a half weeks when the build was apparently started and you found you didn't have a reverse gear?

The transaxle is in transit by UPS currently - should be here by Monday. Let's see how it actually looks and performs when it arrives. As for Joe... nice enough guy when you can get a hold of him, the shop is a garage stuffed with parts and unorganized (but, to be fair, most VW enthusiast garages are), but his business practices are sorely lacking in customer service. I've bought from eVWParts in the past for some watercooled stuff and had no issues. This was my first with aircooled parts, and it wasn't the best experience. I'll know more as I finish up the build and get the car back on the road..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the transmission today. It arrived fairly well packaged (as requested), so onto the inspection: it's a later model from a Super to get the r&p for the freeway flyer, I'm sure. The case was relatively clean, still had some gunk on it, but that's ok. The sideplate still had the original studs and nuts; the throwout arm was covered in surface rust. Really? Can't find a new one? I haven't pulled the drain plugs yet to look inside.. will get to that shortly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late update as the trans is in the car. Insides looked ok when I inspected; filled with oil and almost immediately got a leak from one of the front housings. I had requested Joe install longer studs in the front for a mid-mount setup; when I received they were there and the nuts were on, but apparently the nuts hadn't been torqued down. Probably my fault with that and the leak, so I'll have to get under the car, remove the mid mount and re-torque those nuts.

Can't say anything about drivability yet as the car isn't road ready and still undergoing tuning. It shifts and moves, so that's a plus...
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a flycut tool from Joe and it was packaged so poorly that a crucial part is now missing. He told me to file an insurance claim with USPS, but that responsibility belongs to the person who paid for the insurance. The tool was very heavy and must've broken the side of the box because now it has a USPS sticker on it that's "received in damaged condition" and half the box is half-assed taped together, I'm assuming it exploded in transit. Unfortunately, with rare parts and tools, once a piece is missing, it's gone forever! I would not recommend buying anything from this person, he is extremely rude and obviously can't be trusted to ship heavy stuff like car parts!!!!

The ad's description was "as pictured"

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1514151

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Unfortunately, as a seller your job is to ship the parts to me as safely as possible. The tool is quite heavy and was packaged in a medium sized USPS flat rate box, in what world do you live that this is considered sufficient packaging?? The box has a sticker which says "received in damaged condition". I would imagine that would mean that it was packaged in this damaged box before being shipped and that the missing part actually didn't get boxed up. However, if you say that the parts were packaged, then the horrible boxing job which led to the loss of the part is the fault of you, the shipper.

I already stopped by my Post Office. Since you shipped it, and you paid for insurance, it is IN FACT your responsibility to file a claim with the Post Office. I have attached pictures of the damaged box as well as the sticker on it which is from the Post Office.

These old parts are very hard to come by and not replaceable once they are lost.

I will certainly be leaving you negative feedback on the Samba as well as filing a Paypal dispute.

I hope you are able to figure out how to get your money back from the Post Office.

Regards, -ian

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Joe Langlois <[email protected]> wrote:

I hardly think packaging with packing paper of steel items is poor. Thank you for you honesty about the received condition.

So it sounds like it was beat up and the piece fell out. I don't see how this is my fault.

Take the box to the post office and file an insurance claim.

Joe Langlois
410 336-8752

----- Original Message -----
To: "Joe Langlois" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:57:40 PM
Subject: Re: Head / Case Flycut Tool

Hi Joe, unfortunately only the large metal plate and the main tool made it. The box has some packaging tape on the edge and a sticker on it which says "received in damaged condition" and it is quite beat up. It is really upsetting that such a heavy tool was packaged so poorly. I am to assume that the other small piece is now gone?? What should we do about this?? Please let me know. Regards, -ian

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Joe Langlois < [email protected] > wrote:

I spoke to my wife who packaged. I checked here on the shipping table. Not here. She said it's wrapped in newspaper in the box. paper on the bottom, metal plate, wad of paper with small plate in it, then big tool on top.

Joe Langlois
410 336-8752

We sell new VW parts at www.evwparts.com

To: "Joe Langlois" < [email protected] >

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:25:46 PM

Hi Joe, yeah, the piece I am missing is the little machined bar stock seen in the center of the picture. What showed up in the mail was the tool with the cutter attached and the 2-hole jig. I was under the impression that what I was purchasing was everything "as pictured." Please let me know where the other piece is. Thanks!! -ian

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Joe Langlois < [email protected] > wrote:

Sorry about that. The ad is active so you can see it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1514151

There was one cutter on it and the other piece I assume is the centering tool

To: "Joe Langlois" < [email protected] >

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:32:46 PM

Hi Joe, the tool arrived. However, in the ad there are pictured two cutter bit holders, and I only received the one that is is mounted on the tool. I checked the box very thoroughly, nothing. Let me know if maybe you misplaced the other cutter, I would certainly like to have it. Thanks!! -ian

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Joe Langlois < [email protected] > wrote:

Yes, cutter. This tool may have not have even been used twice

Joe Langlois
410 336-8752

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 4:36:24 PM
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - Head / Case Flycut Tool

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
Head / Case Flycut Tool Price: $200
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1514151
and sent the following message:

Does this have a blade on the cutter? Looks like there is one. How are the bushings in the unit?? I am definitely interested. Let me know. Thanks! -ian

This email was sent from the logged in user: Ian
Their Samba profile can be seen at:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=637
--- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
If you have any questions about scams or the content of this email,
please contact the site administrator at [email protected]

Regards,
TheSamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com

I have filed a Paypal dispute because Joe seems very uncooperative in comming up with an amicable solution.

Once again, it is the responsibilty of the person who paid for the insurance to file the insurance claim with USPS. Please, don't be rude to me. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
The box has a sticker which says "received in damaged condition". I would imagine that would mean that it was packaged in this damaged box before being shipped and that the missing part actually didn't get boxed up.

In my experience this means it broke open in transit.
I have had this happen with other packages I received, including at least one that arrived empty.

A claim should be filed.
A responsible seller will work with the buyer to take care of things.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Ian wrote:
The box has a sticker which says "received in damaged condition". I would imagine that would mean that it was packaged in this damaged box before being shipped and that the missing part actually didn't get boxed up.

In my experience this means it broke open in transit.
I have had this happen with other packages I received, including at least one that arrived empty.

A claim should be filed.
A responsible seller will work with the buyer to take care of things.

Yes, that label means it was received damaged by a sorting facility, not that it looked like that when the box was picked up.

Heavy tools need to be double boxed to avoid this issue. That tool clearly was not packaged properly.

I recently received 12 large flat rate boxes with old tools and 9 of them were blown open at the corners. I do not know how many tools went missing. I have a panorama of all of the tools as purchased but it would take me hours to lay them out to determine what was missing. None of the boxes were empty but they were not full either. I told the seller not to bother with newspaper and to pack them in as tight as he could, I also asked the seller to double box the tools before he shipped them and he ignored the request. The guy must have been running out of packing tape too.

About a year ago I bought 7 tools from a reputable tool seller out of Oklahoma. The box arrived in perfect mint condition with no signs of it being opened but only two of the tools were in there. I seller insisted they were all packed in there having packed them minutes after I paid for them. He refunded my payment in full and told me to keep the two tools. I consider Oklahoma to be the Bermuda triangle of tools.
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually, my wife who packed and shipped it, who remembered the details, said she taped the shit out of it.

That's a dick move filing a paypal dispute and threatening to post on the samba.

If we didn't care, we wouldn't have even got insurance. If a insurance claim is won, that would be your money back.

Now you've created a fight with paypal. We should win the paypal dispute and get the insurance money and give you nothing.

But we're not like you.

What a jerk.

Joe Langlois
410 336-8752

Quote:
We packaged the items and shipped in a USPS box, taped all around on all sides. The package was damaged by the USPS, a piece was lost, which is not a significant piece. It can be fabricated. Customer sent photos of the box. I had it insured and will file a claim for him. The outcome is not in my control, but the USPS. Should the claim be granted, the buyer will have the items and the insurance money, which is not fair. Regardless, I shipped it and it was not my fault it was damaged. Meanwhile, you're holding my money when it is not my fault. Joe 410 336-8752. USPS # 9405903699300097700422

If you taped all around all sides of the box ie. "taped the shit out of it", then the package WAS NOT damaged by USPS but instead, shipped in this horrible shape, indicating that you still have a part of my purchase which you seem very reluctant to actually ship to me. TALK ABOUT BEING A JERK!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate you escalating the dispute to a claim. It's also quite helpful that Paypal is used to this kind of behaviour and has an option to click which says "Missing Parts." I will be submitting all of my documentation to Paypal today including a link to this feedback thread.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to also make a mention that IF the box had torn open during it's transit at the post office, they would have used the white and logo'd USPS tape to fix it up, and not clear packaging tape. Obviously, this box was taped up poorly prior to it's journey, based upon evidence and your own admission to having "taped the shit out of it".

These facts would mean that 1) the tool was shipped in a ridiculous, broken in half box and 2) you still have 1/3 of my tool that I have paid for.

This would also mean that you will not be granted a request for a USPS insurance claim because of a) insufficient packaging b) the Post Office didn't mess it up, surprise surprise.

I will certainly steer clear of any used or new parts, VW tools, accessories, literature, or even a set of points, that you are trying to sell in the future.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Joe, for the air cleaner. Arrived fast & safe. Happy holiday -Gary
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Regarding the case/head flycutting tool Reply with quote

So paypal required him to send the parts back for him to get a refund.
He had to pay to send them back.
The insurance claim was indeed filed.
He got the money for the tools back from paypal.
The Post Office paid the claim to me.
The tools were sold to someone else in the same box.
They were received in good condition, as stated by the buyer, today.

Hello
I recieve my package today.
Very nice, no problem for sending ,thanks a lot.

Happy christmas

Best regards
Myriam

So, the packaging was fine, it's just that they get beat up in shipping.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy tools will always break out of the box if not packed properly.

Someone sent me their TruLine bar to be re-furbished and I thought the box felt light. Well it broke out the side -made a nice little hole and slipped out.

Heavy stuff that are loose, I will tape them all together so they are all 1-piece. I double-box them. NO POPCORN. I cut up old boxes and use the boards for cushion. Heavier but will withstand a direct drop. You will pay more for shipping but I will rather have that than a lost tool and pissed of buyer. Very Happy

We can all learn from our mistakes and find it in our hearts to do it better next time.

But one need not be an ass either. I understand - you paid for it and want it in your hands. But there are things that are beyond our control once it leaves.

I bought a nice set of steel stamping tools ..complete from CAnada before. THE BIG ONES! Well because it was packaged in a very large box w/ popcorn it was very loose and broke out. I lost half the freaking stamps. The seller refunded 2/3 of my money and shipping.

It breaks my heart to this day when I look at these beautiful lettering stamps and more than half of its pieces missing. I think now that I should have told them to remove them from their wood holders and just put them all in a cloth sack and double wrapped and packaged that way.

Oh well... cannot have it all sometimes.

I have dealt w/ Joe before plenty. He is a really good guy.

Take care all. Enjoy the holidays.
mascrappo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought set of headlight buckets from Joe, he was to the point and answered my questions. Good communications, confirmed by photo which set I wanted. Tracking number provided. USPS smashed the box and bent one, but was able to straighten. Thanks Joe.
bugbyte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Rebuilt transaxle for my 1975 Std Beetle Reply with quote

All good news here. I live in Maryland and was able to drive down to Joe's shop and he had the rebuilt trans waiting for me. The biggest problem I had was getting the engine back in. The trans installation was a piece of cake. Finally got to drive my bug tonight, and all is smooth and A-Okay.
Thanks Joe,

....Rich
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue_Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought autostick engine tin and gasket. Got a tracking number and package arrived quickly.

Thanks!
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe listed a NOS roof rack for sale on a Sunday morning. I'd been looking for one and contacted Joe immediately. He lives about 2 hours from me, but agreed to meet me half way even though it was his mother's birthday and he was likely going to be late for the family party.

I only met him briefly, but he is a great guy and the item was as advertised.
robwalk45
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: over rider/towel bars Reply with quote

I purchased a pair of towel bars form Joe for $100 plus shipping. Asked if chrome was good all over on the bars, they looked good in the one small picture, Joe says great chrome, when I get the bars there is serious corrosion on some areas and a few gouges small dents. Not what I was expecting for $100. Emailed Joe to see if I can return them. Joe says no if you don't like them sell them to another sucker. Needless to say I am not happy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: