Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Joe Langlois - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
trelms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a late ghia convertible rear glass from joe.

I don't like to use money orders but he called me and verified.

Window was shipped packed very well and received in no time at all.

Joe was great to deal with.
cybrkahuna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 1600 rebuilt short block a while back. Received in great condition for something so heavy. My mechanic loved it. Said it was a really nice job. My bus has a really solid rebuilt now! This guy knows how to build em! Thanks Joe!
houseoffunn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some parts and pieces from Joe, he shipped quick and items arrived in great condition.
Seanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Used..DAMAGED..but usable.. Reply with quote

One of three, first purchases from these classifieds...

I purchased a headlamp from Joe, the price was fair for a used headlamp (1/2) the cost of new $90. I did not ask about possible issues (there was a picture of a headlamp from distance that looked...like a headlamp).

The price did not cause me to ask, "What is wrong with it?"
At $45 I would have asked.

Anyhow, I opened, a well packed light, to find a used and damaged (and filthy) headlamp. The headlamp had silicone gooped on every edge and there was some sort of gunk all over the opening for the bulb as well as staining of some sort on the reflector.

I contacted Joe and he asked for pictures, after sending a bunch of pictures he stated it was as is and there was a picture in the ad. You should have inquired about condition.

Fair enough I did not ask due to the asking price. I personally will not deal with this individual again. He is not a reputable seller according to my experience ( I own 5 vehicles and have made hundreds of online purchases and have lots of buying experiences, he is not the worst but very low).

I guess when it comes to buying used, there is used!... Used!!.... and there is USED!!!.... (Joe)

BUYER....BEWARE!!!
It is unfortunate how in society, an experience with such individual can taint the process of purchasing used goods. Shame on you Joe!

On the bright side, I received two items from other sellers Jed and Ryan....10/10 all the way. I will leave feedback in a separate post.

Ask this guy many questions and for multiple pics....better yet, buy from someone else, I definitely will next time.

Anyone want to buy a "used" headlamp?

Please pay attention to this most unfortunate experience. I will leave you with a great quote:

"A smart man learns from his own mistakes....a wise man learns from other's mistakes"

BE A WISE MAN!
DWoerpel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a carpet for the trunk of my KG. Vert from Mr. langlois. He replyed quickly and I received the package in just a few days. It was just as or better than advertised. He scored a ten out of ten in my book..Consider his sales before trying others.
D.C.Woerpel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hotsam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Positive feedback:

Ordered a set of wheels - he sandblasted and powder coated them. They are as good as 40 year old wheels could possibly be. The powder coating seems good and solid.

The wheels were shipped immediately, tracking was provided, and they arrived within 3 days or so.

No complaints - great transaction.
onebigjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great transaction super fast shipping!
Thanks again
John
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a VW toolkit from Joe, easy transaction! Recommended seller!
~gabvwkey.com~ Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Joe's rebuilt tranxaxles? I am local to him and am highly considering using him. The reviews on his sold products sound positive overall, but not too sure about service.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

HI, this is Joe. I've been rebuilding VW transaxles for over 30 years. I began my experience at the VW dealer in 1981. I've since rebuilt hundreds or all type of VW. Type 1 Beetle, all, split case, swingaxle, IRS, Vanagon, Bus, 020 Rabbit, Jetta, Scirocco, Dasher, Fox, 02A Golf, Jetta, etc

Everybody wants a price, on something unknown until it's take apart.
Each unit is different. Some with same common wear, some different.
I do not just throw in a bunch of parts, like all synchros and bearings.
The cost would be prohibitive and I doubt any of these mass rebuilding companies do either. Their price is too cheap to do it correctly.

I address what problem you're having and the other worn items.

Next people want a warranty on their 50 year old parts.
I warranty what I do. If something else happens I can fix it but not free.
Other companies disclaim their warranties citing abuse or low on fluid.

Generally VW transaxle will work fine for a long time after I fix them.

There's a lot I pay attention to that takes time to do it right.
I have several units on the shelf to exchange at competitive prices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I responded to an ad of Joe's in which he was seeking a specific transmission. We agreed to a price and, once I had everything packed, weighed, and measured, he forwarded a FedEx shipping document. I shipped it and he paid me.

Thanks again, Joe.
eserv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just bought what I thought was a Vanagon 2.1 crank from Joe. When it arrived I checked it out and discovered it is a 1.9 crank. Joe is claiming I am trying to scam him by claiming it is a 69mm when it is actually a 76mm. This is untrue! I'll let you know how this winds up.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

eserv wrote:
I just bought what I thought was a Vanagon 2.1 crank from Joe. When it arrived I checked it out and discovered it is a 1.9 crank. Joe is claiming I am trying to scam him by claiming it is a 69mm when it is actually a 76mm. This is untrue! I'll let you know how this winds up.

It seems pretty easy to prove this with a photo of the measurement?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eserv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
eserv wrote:

It seems pretty easy to prove this with a photo of the measurement?

It should be! But Joe doesn't want to believe that the photo would be of the crankshaft that he sent me. Because I mentioned in an email to him that I have other 1.9 crankshafts he believes I am trying to scam him and will return one of my own 69mm cranks. I believe Joe honestly thinks I'm a scammer and has dug his heals in as far as taking any other point of view.
eserv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

eserv wrote:

This got resolved to my satisfaction after I put a complaint in to Paypal.
Wish it could have been resolved more simply but that was just not to be!
I returned the crank to Joe and got refunded for the price plus shipping I originally paid. I had to pay return postage and import tax + GST but that isn't Joe's fault!
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a Beetle from Joe on Friday. His staff and a friendly customer even helped me load it on my trailer. Joe made sure I had all the parts that were part of the deal. The beetle is in as promised condition and it was a good price.

The only way it could have been a smoother deal is if he was closer than 6 hours away.

Thanks Joe!

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a bunch of early clamps for the heater boxes, and as promised, all are the correct items I wanted, all were in better used shape that I expected for 50 year old used items. I'm very happy with Joe's help, and will be shopping with him again. Thanks Joe!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great seller.. will buy from again.. had the bearings I needed in stock and cheaper then everyone else ...
Thanks Joe
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought some seat upholstery for my 1973 Beetle project from Joe a few weeks ago. It's just as advertised. Fast shipping, and just before Christmas too! Good communication. I will buy from Joe again. Thanks Joe!

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
74bugdualcarbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Langlois - [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anyone bought a long block from him? I am about to make a deposit on a 1776 mild cam build. So far on the phone and by email he has been patient and helpful and ready to answer all of my questions. While I am aware that some of the parts that will go in to the engine aren't absolute top of the line, but I also know that you can't get a 2k long block with top brand parts all the way through. I just want to hear some current feedback on his engines. He seems like he is very knowledgeable and says he can get it done in a rapid turnaround period which impresses me big time and is of huge interest to me. Thankyou in advance anyone who has an engine that he built they will vouch for. Again he seems like a very good knowledgeable guy. I've just been saving for awhile and always get nervous before decisions like this haha. Im honestly felt supremely confident until I dredged through some fairly contentious feedback here that made me want to do a quick double check. Two sides to every story etc. regardless none of the feedback I see has to do with his engines and that is my only interest. Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: