Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DL West-Wiperguy - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DL West-Wiperguy
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good buyer. Quick payment.
fred g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my second set of wipers from Don this week. More fine attention to detail, and fast service.

It has been raining so I got a chance to use the wiper unit Don put together for my 66. It is wonderful to have quiet, smooth functioning wipers that work correctly, and having two speeds is the way to go.

If you are sick of crappy wipers and trying to "fix" worn out units, give it up. Order a unit from Don, you will be glad you did.

( I boxed up all my wiper parts and sent them to Don, I'm all done...)

Fred Griffith

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." H.S Thompson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UncaJim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Don West is truly the Man Reply with quote

He sold me a 12v unit for my '64 bug that not only is 12v, but also two speed. He included the switch, and the unit arrived quickly and in beautiful condition.

The price was a little higher than I was going to spend originally, but not much more than some of the reducers out there. It was worth every penny, and not unreasonable considering the time and effort Don puts into his work.

When you want to be done messing with your wiper motor, get a hold of Don.
Ky.Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to add my positive experience with Don. We struck a deal right before the holidays for a parts lot of wipers I had. Sold him 27 used and 3 NOS units. I figured shipping the way I always did but when I got down to the station the packages were way off what I was quoted originally. I ship a ton of stuff and had never missed this bad before. Completely, 100% my fault and I wrote it up as a lesson learned. When Don received the package he noted the shipping cost and promptly contacted me to let me know he received everything and commented on how high the shipping had cost. He offered to kick me a little back towards the price. Today I received a very generous amount towards the shipping costs and I wanted to say thank you and spread the word. Personally haven't bought anything from him but he's obviously a stand up guy and his actions in our dealings, were above and beyond what was called for. Most people would have just let it slide. Much appreciation Don and look forward to future dealings.

"Please don't dominate the rap jack, if you've got nothing new to say.."
islandveedub Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don is top notch! I gave him two broken wiper motors and he contacted me immediately upon receipt explained the problems, sent photos to show damage, explained differences in motors, and showed me what was fixed. The turnaround time was really fast and the his parts and labor are really reasonable. Go with Don. You won't be disappointed.

60 Doublecab
62 23 Window Walkthrough Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
downsbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected quality, but wow! I am thrilled with my wiper assembly, If any of you guys need a wiper assembly don't go anywhere else. Thanks again!
MikeBock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Don!!!! Reply with quote

Don was great helping put together a complete Oval Assembly from motor to blades. Great communication, did exactly what he said he was going to do and really delivered a great unit for my 57 Oval.

Thanks Don Very Happy

"There's no such thing as bolt-on"

My 57 Ragtop and 65 Sunroof
http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt270/Timbockhold/
Oldbugr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to give Don the highest feed back rating I can. Don has helped
(sold) me stuff three times and it's the best service ever. Thanks, Don
Eric C.
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another positive transaction with Don here, great communication and fast payment...Thank you again Don Very Happy
paulsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don went above and beyond to help me with my wiper motor that I sent him for restoration. Great transaction, great communication. Highly recommended..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oarse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don sold me a 12V '65 Bus wiper motor/assembly. It was painstakingly detailed and looked new. It was packaged well and arrived fast. I would definitely recommend this seller.

He's also a nice guy and very helpful/knowledgeable.

Thanks!
71bugman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rebuilt unit i received from Don was of the highest quality. If you are sick and tired of not having fully operational wipers, get one of Don's rebuilt units and you won't be disappointed.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i received a somewhat saddening email from Don recently. i had found some cores he was usually interested in, but i noticed all his ads were down and i was hoping he was ok. here is what he had to say.

Hi Jon Thanks for offering them to me. But I have quit the wiper work for now. I have not sold anything for months and have decided to give it up. I think it is time to let others sell there work on the samba. People were tired of seeing my adds the red color and how I did them only made people block them so they did not have to see them? It was fun before but I have lost interest in it now. DL

i had nothing but good transactions with Don over the years, and the wiper motor and parts i received from him were top notch.
another niche market parts refurbisher with much knowledge, gone.

Don, if you read this and do not want this information posted, let me know and i'll delete it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I am not aware of anyone blocking him.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like his ads are back.
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it is time for a explanation. I will not do the restorations any longer on others units. I will sell off all the units I have done. Then just parts until they are gone. I was being sarcastic when I said it must be the color of my adds and people must be blocking them,as we have no way to tell. I should have simply asked Everett. I can sell the parts for more than the completed units now. The cores are costing what I would like to sell them for. $40-100 for a rusty unit needing shafts and motor.
Aftermarket parts are crap now shafts,caps,seals,washers,nuts,grommets,e-clips. I cannot get real German parts other than on the samba or e-bay.
Jon's e-mail to me inspired me to think about it more and to not give up the work. My goal was to help all members with wiper problems freely. I will not stop doing that. All of us would like feedback from Everett. I guess I have to sell him something or help him in some way. LOL DL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sent me some parts and a rebuilt wiper motor for my '63 a while back. Everything looked great, although I had just re-greased my original motor in my Bus so I haven't installed the "new" one yet.

I can't remember if it was you I got them from but I did install NOS wiper shafts in my '63 Bus. If they were from you - thank you, they work great.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the feedback! Positive or negative I learn to be a better member from it. Everett I was the one who sent you the motor,shafts and linkage. I wanted to make sure your type 2 had good wipers. I know you live where it hardly ever rains and you probably would not drive them in the rain. But I wanted to help you like I have other members. DL
antisocialred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a 12V converted wiper assembly for my 63 from Don along with a NOS switch. Don even prewired it all for me so all I had to do was bolt it on and give it power. They work and look flawless. I really hope you stay in the game.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don and I swapped some parts recently and all went well. Don is a recommended trader, buy with confidence.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: