Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Steering damper on Pre-60 front beam?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Steering damper on Pre-60 front beam? Reply with quote

I'm looking to upgrade the front beam on my 56 bug. Can I use my original right side tie rod with a new tie rod end designed to hold a steering damper? Will the measurements be s the same or will I have to get a whole new tie rod assy? Thx PS I have a new beam which will hold the damper.
Boonies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your can unscrew your tie rod end, think the left side tie rod on pre 60s cars were non adjustble but the right were adjustable, then looks like you can. Or at least that is how it appears on the ACN site:http://www.aircooled.net/new-bin/viewproductdetail.php?keyword2=SST0004&cartid=0417200763565262 Sure some one else with a pre 60 beetle will chime in but you can also call or email John at ACN and he should be able to tell you.

ccp
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. So long as you have the two mounts (beam & tierod) to attach the dampner.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: