Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rader Wheels
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

I have A set of the Empi raders. I bought them in 1997 in cosmoline Brand NEW Old STOCK They have been on my Show Vert for 5 years in those 5 years the car has only received 125 miles so the wheels have 125 miles on them and 5 years of hold a tire. I an very firm on my price of $4000 the last set I sold at the Classic for 3500 and they were rusty.
fourboxers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

thats funny stuff. you cannot get brm money for radars. sure they are expensive but you wont bring near that even on ebay!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

shut up kacob, real radar's are just as sought after as BRM's, especially if they are empi ve empi/sears. plus they are not magnisium, so they stay nicer longer than BRM's. no way am I saying he will or will not get 4k for them, only time will tell. Really I just wanted to say fu j-akub, you don't know what you are talking about. stay out of grown folks buisness.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

thats rader, for the spell-nazi's
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trayle D. the real oggfk
Samba Fabricator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

Actually I believe that there are Radars and Raders. But my question is, is this the Classifieds or the Classified forum. I didnt reallize we were selling on the forums these days. Are the Classifieds broken or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fourboxers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

yeah ok there buddy. in that case ill get a set of radars and trade you for a set of brm's...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

It might be tough to get that kind of money, I think the value of Raders has gone down. There were a couple sets that went for around $3500 on eBay a few years ago to some crazies in England but the last set just a month of so ago only went for $1500. There was a set on my site for $1000 about amonth ago too in good condition. There have been a couple sets on here for $2k with no sale.

Yeah, yours are essentially NOS, but still...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

If you mounted tires on them and drove them( even 125 miles) then they are not NOS anymore now are they??????
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

go figure...new 39 dollars a piece...30 years later...1G each....
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

I bought the Raders off this site for $1000 that Everett is talking about.
They are well worth the price, but 4k? Damn! Even if I had mine restored and dipped in gold I don't think they'd be worth 4k...It's not like were talking about a set of 20" Hot Rod Honda wheels........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aaron
Samba Luddite

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

Kyle, I emailed you about your 36hp and no answer. Are you selling stuff, or is this just show and tell?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

first of all wheels do not come sprayed with cosmoline that is a rust protectant for engine parts so they dont rust,second of all greg,how much extra did you have to give the guy local to you to buy the set of wheels that he was selling to me?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

gene berg and now dee berg owns a set of OG BRM's that are still in the cosmoline, sorry! not that i am advocating there worth of 4k. my friend just bought a set of well used raders for 800 and stocton wheel charges 175 per wheel to restore them. which i would guess would be just as good seeing that yours are not NOS anymore. ive had so many parts that were NOS, but by the time i got them they were used!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trayle D. the real oggfk
Samba Fabricator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

I doubt that those wheels have only 125 miles anyway. Not that it matters,125 miles or 1125 miles, they arent NOS anymore. I saw the car they were on in the show scene here in Phoenix for a couple of years. I could be wrong but, once at Speed World which is atleast 40 miles one way from the shop the Kyle used to own. Im not talking crap, just letting you all know my take on the situation. Facts are facts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

sorry, but i dont see where kyle says the wheels are NOS. he does say he bought them NOS and used them. i think he's saying he wants $4k because they're near perfect and he believes they are worth that for the reasons he mentions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trayle D. the real oggfk
Samba Fabricator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

1125 miles or 125 miles. What's the difference? Why not just say perfect wheels. NOS Rader/Radars may be worth 4k but not used wheels even in perfect condition. That's the point earlyman. You are the one always crying about misrepresenting adds, now you are gonna sick up for someone that appears to be misrepresenting some parts? Come on bro you are making calling you a hypocrite kinda easy.
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

[email protected] said............
greg,how much extra did you have to give the guy local to you to buy the set of wheels that he was selling to me?

and my reply is I paid his asking price to him the day I saw them. I knew a good deal when I saw it so I didn't try to talk him down or drag my feet. I stepped up to the plate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

and my reply to that is i guess the guy didnt feel like shipping them because i called and offered asking price the day it posted and he said they were mine but somehow you wound up with them.repops are coming out soon they look good,but alittle high priced.somehow i knew when i talked to the guy he was a flake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

Man Gator you just don't have any luck..first it's RareAir and the horn button and now your getting fucked on Raders....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Rader Wheels Reply with quote

Yustrn said..........
"Man Gator you just don't have any luck..first it's RareAir and the horn button and now your getting f#$ked on Raders...."

this is not directed towards anyone in particular asside from those in question on this topic....
from my point of view its not the buyer ,it looks more like the flakes that cant keep to their word on a specified item they are selling. that ad for the "nos hornbutton" said nothing about USED/RESTORED in the ad. it was labeled NOS. the only way somebody would know that it meant only the push was nos is if they looked at the gallery everyday. if you go to a dealer and order a "hornbutton" you will get a complete hornbutton,not just a "push".it should have been clearly stated if they were partially used,spraybombed whatever.and to ask $180 and get a dinged up chrome ring and sandpaper marks under the spraypaint,sounds a little overpriced to me.at least go the extra mile to make it look like $180.
as far as the raders, if a person says something is yours, they should stick to it. thats very bad salesmanship ,yes obviously it happens but that will only show exactly what type of person you are and will surely catch up in the long run as it has with some people.
just my opinion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: