Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Canine co-pilots Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liveonjg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

77 FI 2L Westfalia - Ripple
77 FI 2L Westfalia - Althea
62 Dual Carb Single Cab - Lou
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

New co-pilot, the Bus just does not run yet.... Embarassed

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
mccandmore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

This is the future...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

All our ding dang dogs out for a ride in the Wild Westerner.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

That’s a great one , Dave
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Thanks! It took many tries (and multiple M&Ms) to get one shot with all three dogs' heads in the windows!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
ullr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Her favorite of all the cars.
bus71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Pups Reply with quote

Small traveler
72Bus_in_OC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Clover after I pickup my original VW wheels!
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Hey all,
I figured you would like my Dub Dogs project I've been working on for a while. It's an ongoing thing.

Follow along on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/DubDogsBook
Also on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/dubdogsbook/

Thanks!

My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

I hope that all of these dogs and other animals (pets or otherwise) are properly restrained whilst the vehicle is being driven!

https://www.clenthillsvets.co.uk/blog/january-2019...ates%3A%20“When,guard%20are%20ways%20of%20restraining%20animals%20in%20cars.”

It’s estimated that one third of UK drivers are not complying with the law when it comes to restraining their dog in the car whilst driving, and are risking a fine of up to £2,500, according to recent research. These drivers are also putting their pets’ lives and themselves at risk.

Rule 57 of the Highway Code states: “When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars.”

Alarmingly, the research states that 34% of drivers fail to restrain pet passengers, 1 in 10 allow their pets to sit in the front seat of the car, while a further 9% of drivers allow their pet to sit on the back seat without a harness.

The research, carried out by Confused.com, shows that 64% of drivers are unaware that having an unrestrained pet passenger is punishable with a fine. Drivers who fail to restrain their pets whilst driving may also be incriminating themselves by driving without proper control of a motor vehicle or driving without due care and attention.

Risking lives & invalidating your insurance

If you should have an accident or have to make a sudden stop, an unrestrained pet could be thrown forward and injure themselves and potentially injure you or other passengers.

Furthermore, car insurance providers reserve the right to invalidate policies if a driver is involved in an accident with an unrestrained pet. Confused.com’s research shows that 10% of drivers involved in an accident would result in having their policy invalidated.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine
Volkswagen Type 2 Owners' Club (Great Britain)

http://www.vwt2oc.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

I hope that all of these dogs and other animals (pets or otherwise) are properly restrained whilst the vehicle is being driven!

Best Dog Harnesses for Car Travel: Crash-Tested & Safety Certified!

https://www.k9ofmine.com/best-dog-harnesses-for-car-travel/

Dog Car Safety Laws

https://www.clenthillsvets.co.uk/blog/january-2019...ates%3A%20“When,guard%20are%20ways%20of%20restraining%20animals%20in%20cars.”

It’s estimated that one third of UK drivers are not complying with the law when it comes to restraining their dog in the car whilst driving, and are risking a fine of up to £2,500, according to recent research. These drivers are also putting their pets’ lives and themselves at risk.

Rule 57 of the Highway Code states: “When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars.”

Alarmingly, the research states that 34% of drivers fail to restrain pet passengers, 1 in 10 allow their pets to sit in the front seat of the car, while a further 9% of drivers allow their pet to sit on the back seat without a harness.

The research, carried out by Confused.com, shows that 64% of drivers are unaware that having an unrestrained pet passenger is punishable with a fine. Drivers who fail to restrain their pets whilst driving may also be incriminating themselves by driving without proper control of a motor vehicle or driving without due care and attention.

Risking lives & invalidating your insurance

If you should have an accident or have to make a sudden stop, an unrestrained pet could be thrown forward and injure themselves and potentially injure you or other passengers.

Furthermore, car insurance providers reserve the right to invalidate policies if a driver is involved in an accident with an unrestrained pet. Confused.com’s research shows that 10% of drivers involved in an accident would result in having their policy invalidated.

Nigel A. Skeet

Independent tutor (semi-retired) of mathematics, physics, technology & engineering for secondary, tertiary, further & higher education.

Much modified, RHD 1973 VW "1600" Type 2 Westfalia Continental campervan, with the World's only decent, cross-over-arm, SWF pantograph rear-window wiper

Onetime member, plus former Technical Editor & Editor of Transporter Talk magazine

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
avoll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Three out of the last four posts...NASkeet continues to prove that he thinks we are all stupid.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:
Three out of the last four posts...NASkeet continues to prove that he thinks we are all stupid.

Lol, he should come to Oregon & see some working dogs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Guard Dog or whale watching...?

Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

Guys, I have a 6 month old miniature long haired dachshund that weighs about 9 pounds and will top out around 12 or so. I’m looking for answers on some kind of car seat that I can install in my 1971 so she can see outside. Any ideas are welcome. TIA
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
Ernie Punkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Guys, I have a 6 month old miniature long haired dachshund that weighs about 9 pounds and will top out around 12 or so. I’m looking for answers on some kind of car seat that I can install in my 1971 so she can see outside. Any ideas are welcome. TIA

Hi Aeromech,

I have a 15 pound mini Schnauzer/terrier and the K&H bucket booster seats work great in VW bus front seats or the rear bench seat. I bought the larger size so I can put a towel or blanket inside and I roll the sides up on the left and right inside the bed to create an interim level headrest for snoozing. Also fits into a shopping cart for indoor excursions. Excellent for squirrel or raccoon spotting sojourns. Its very sturdy, easy to remove cover to wash and has an attachment for a harness to keep pups safe. I am remiss in having an orange plaid slipcover made. That's on the to-do list. Pix from my pax SUV.

https://khpet.com/products/bucket-booster?gclid=Cj...RAEALw_wcB

Ion Pod Trailer
NASkeet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Canine co-pilots Thread Reply with quote

EZ Gruv wrote:

It never pays to make such assumptions one way or another, but I have witnessed too many people do too many stupid things during my 65 years, to take the risk! Shocked

Nigel A. Skeet

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: