Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buyer is Lagging Big Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Ok, I just thought I would post this to see if it is a common problem on this site,since everybody has problems and likes to get them out to the world here in the forums here is my problem too!!! Here we go, oh a while back I made a deal with a business overseas for a split microbus I give the guy a better deal and agree to a price and payment arrangement, he did send me a deposit to my bank account and was to send the rest one week later so I would get it upon delivery within two weeks, I have not heard from him until recently it has been damn near one month ater the deposit was sent and im still storing the car without the rest of my money for the car, I like to keep my word on deals, what about you guys and gals????? do you guys think it is fair to get the full asking price because he took so damn long, the war is coming and I need to get my ammo sqaured away you know what i mean???
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

I hope you got something in writing when you accepted the deposit. If he said he was going to send the money within two weeks, and he didn't pay up, tell him to either make immediate payment, or he will forfeit the deposit. That's what deposits are for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

yeah I wrote it down on paper and he verbily aggreed (in Good Faith), not upset by the way just bummed because I trusted this business, I think the transaction should be completed but at the original asking price of the microbus, and he picks up the shipping after all I originally offered to help get the micro to oakland for mainly gas. It is kind of funny how people usually bitch about parts on this forum and then BANG!! you rarely here this happening with the buyer not keeping his word.
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Gotta get some sleep going to the Nostalgia Drags in the early morning will read any other posts when I get back in town.
white trash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

screw him keep the money and put it back on the market...At least you got some beer money for your trouble........
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

thats what a deposit is for- to pay for your troubles...put it back up. i have sent deposits for both my - 56 oval, and my 60 panel.sellers have been more than happy to accept, as long as payment or final arrangements are made prior.
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

you should tell him needs to pay for storage for the aamount of time after he said he would pay up. that just might equall the origenal asking price. if he is not willing, then the deposit is gone, has served its purpose and he losses out.
he'll be reaally pissed, though!!!
lc
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

It goes the other way too, what about when you really need some parts from a seller, you call him explain to him that your out of town and won't be home till late friday night, but you will call them as soon as you get up on Saturday morning, because your in Texas for work. You call the guy between 8-9:30am, and get a reply of "Oh well I hadn't heard from you so I left for the day!" So it goes both ways in this world, what can you do? you can do like I do and just don't buy anything from that person....it's very simple! So in your case maybe never sell another car to that person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

ok in that case or whatever case, here is the answer: If I ever need a part I will simply buy it, or have the wife,mom,brother,neighbor etc... buy it if I can not do the transaction.. If you want to buy dont bother the person and send him a deposit saying you will send the rest the following Monday: step up to the plate or pass it to the next addicted buyer, I can see a week maybe two, but not a freaking month without a call or email, I should not have to chase the rest of the money or hope the magic business genie automatically makes a deposit to my bank account,really do not want to burn any bridges over this deal, hopefully we can come to terms?? over and out rubber duckie...
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Still no replies, I emailed him this past Friday and asked him to call me this morning, no return email and no phone call??? does anyone or would anyone like to buy a 62 23 window walkthru for $3.5k nah just kidding I will give him another day, maybe he spent all of his lunch money? really weird deal, not sure what is going on overseas???
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Well its Tuesday the 11th of March just got in from a great dinner with some friends and still no call or email on my message machine, I will post a update everyday that goes by to see how long it takes to get the rest of my money.
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Hi Gals and guys guess what???? still no email and no phone calls, it is Wednesday the 12th of March, I'm baffled???? I wonder if he forgot about the car he was supposed to buy???
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Hi again anybody reading this ???? its Friday been busy at work so I skipped thursday/friday the 13th and 14th of March still no call or email, unbelieveable, this has turned out to be a bad buyer.
2muchbusbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

I bought a few buses overseas and sent all payments in full the day the deal was made by wire transfer. People even e-mailed and said they bought the same bus/buses and had allready paid for them (o-well there here now)). When I make a deal I PAY. I just sold another car (still German) took a substantial deposit with the understanding that if said vehicle is not picked up and paid for in full by this Saturday deposit will be forfieted and sold to the next buyer, he is showing up tomorrow. Sounds like you made a deal with DF
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

it sounds like you run a proper bus business 2muchbusbs????? I would have liked to sell you mine that the other so called "I Pay" overseas buyer wanted and agreed to a "two week deal" it is now a "five week deal" and I just lost my mind waiting for this "BULLSH*##ER" to take a deposit from someone else to buy my bus so I simply sold it today and that person will not get one U.S cent back for waisting my time and yours for reading and posting your reply this thread is done now!!!
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

I guess this thread is not done now! I finally got a response from the business overseas after I sent an email on March 19th 2003 in the early morning due to not keeping our original two week agreement and no communication via email or phone call!! saying: if I did not get the rest of the money by 5pm California time Friday the 21st 2003 the deposit was to be forfieted (Being fair to other people who wanted to buy it),well I got a quick email back from someone at the business saying the guy who I made the deal with has been sick in bed on medication for two weeks,he agreed to pay for the bus in full within two weeks now it is going on seven weeks later, I will check the deposit date again to confirm, well he sent me a email telling me it was impossible to send the rest of the money by the Friday at 5pm California time(Three Days)??? I really hate to spread bad rumors about this business but maybe someone looking for a project bus will think twice about making a deal with this business that advertises on thesamba.com, I look at it this way after reading the replys, I have been more than fair and patient and even offered to help get it to Oakland for mainly gas and even gave him a break on the price, no communication or even a phone call, well This past Friday has come and gone and he failed to make payment I'm sure three days is plenty of time after the business had at least four weeks from the original agreement even sick in bed he had at least two weeks prior to communicate, he says if I sell it to another interested party he wants his full deposit back??? Wow I guess some people want it all, what do you guys and gals think??? sorry for taking up so much space with this thread!!
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Two more weeks? No way. You have been, in my opinion, too helpful. He has had his chance to make good on his word but hasn't. You have kept your end of the bargain. If he was so sick how is that you got a response after you gave him an ultimatum? My guess is that they are buying time to scrape up the rest of the money. Keep the deposit and all of your emails just in case, but in my opinion you have more than covered your arse.

Sean
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mango Juice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Yeah I'm getting all my emails together now, I always save them as well as receipts just in case someone tries to pull Bul#%@it, opinions are like a#@holes, everyone has them!! but I'm not s*&tting around at all!!! I have had friends pull stuff like this as well(as far as them not keeping their agreement), it is kind of funny when you are cool enough to make a deal with someone and agree to terms to a so called friend or someone you may not know and they do not keep their word due to other problems:Lack of money,to get more money because they need money,have too much money out to others,have to sell a car first, man I can think of a few more reasons I have heard,I'm sure a few of you have heard your excuses also as I hear a bunch of stuff about others that advertise goods for sale here or I met at shows, I feel no need to spread rumor's but I use caution if I do hear anything negative I guess I will never deal with this business again in the future if I'm buying or selling. The truth is in the paper (Dates and Emails)of my communication and I have been fair enough with this business.
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

This reminds me of a time I was in Texas on business and found this dude that had some parts that I really needed. Told him I would be home late Friday and would call him on Saturday..called early morning on Saturday ready to go and he told me that "it's too late I am already gone for the day" sucks ass when you set something up, and the seller flakes on you last minute..just do like I did and never buy from or sell to that person, it makes me feel a little better about the whole thing. But that is just me and how I handle things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Buyer is Lagging Big Time Reply with quote

Whoops guess I already told that story...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: