Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Limiting Ads from People??
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricobuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

Is there any way possible to limit the number of classified ads someone can take out? Today, the first 3-4 classified pages of ads are taken up by 2-3 people... That is crazy... They should have the sense to either build a website and take out a banner or compile a bunch of stuff under one ad... I know this has been brought up before, but man...

As an example, obviously dude parting out a squareback... Good. Is there a need to list every damn part you pulled off the car in separate ads... One ad would do it: Squareback Parts from Parts Car and list all them in this one ad...

Sorry for the rage.
Rich
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

I agree. I think that the first 5-10 ads should be free and they should cost after that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

look if you had stuff to sell why don't put it all up.If you are going to complain why don't you put it in the rants. Hey it's free and thanks to everett.
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

Isn't it a sell fourm? if you do not need some parts from that person...then scroll down. I don't mind this too much..if there is 10-15 ads in a row...but 40-50...thats insane...this is my opinion...it's a good way to sell, and what if you need one of those parts listed?
ricobuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

are you guys serious? yes it is a sell forum... BUT not your personal sell forum. when i scroll past your 30 ads, there are probably 5 others mixed into there that i just blew past... i am not afraid to take this to the rants, but this is the classified section and i put in a classified suggestion. make a SINGLE AD that can encompass alot of parts. if you need an example, here is one:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?photo+200301251922377504

compared to:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/[email protected]
DAS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

no need for examples, if i sell what i have then i can sell all day in a row as many times as i please until everett says no more. so if you are to lazy to post an add then go some where else. just my opinion, no BAD.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

everett has said that people should condense and limit their ads because buyers don't like to scroll thru multiple ads by the same person. the website IS FREE for you and me. just as long as we sit back and let everett foot the bill for the website, RIGHT? i hope these people send everett some money now and then. i hope everyone does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

AND, if Everett asks that people combine their ads, they should do so. It's his site, be nice to Ev.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SES-ONE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

I AGREE WITH YOU ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!THIS IS EVERETTS SITE NOT OURS SO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE SHOULD HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR EVERETT AND THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON THIS SITE AND POST ONE-THREE ADDS AT ONCE!THIS THIRTY ADDS IN A ROW SHI@T IS PISSIN ME OFF AS WELL BUT ITS NOT MY SITE TO PUT A SLAP DOWN ON THESE PEOPLE.BEST THING I CAN SAY IS IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY FROM THAT GUY!

SES-ONE
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

I think Everett should shoot anyone who violates the rules.
SES-ONE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

THATS A LITTLE EXSESIVE SO LETS START WITH BREAKING LEGS WITH BASEBALL BATS!!

SES-ONE
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

yup, it gets REAL OLD to ads from the same people over and over over and over over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and....
goddamm!t, GET YOUR OWN WEBSITE if you need to post so many ads. just because it's "FREE" does not mean you are free abuse it. i really think that up to 20 should remain free, but after that, pay up!
why do we have to keep seeing batna, va and spokane, wa all the time. it gets REAL OLD, REAL FAST! i mean crap, batna va has 382 ads right now (just checked), just under that email, and who knows how many under other names. that is ridiculous-GET YOUR OWN SITE!
2 suggestions (besides charging) are: everyone start sending 100's of bogus emails to the people who list so many things, or maybe everett should do some mass deleting!
SES-ONE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

THATS A GREAT IDEA START TELLING THEM WE SAW ALL THIER ADDS ON THE SAMBA CHECK IS IN THE MAIL.

SES-ONE
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

I just scroll on past them, especially the ones with no pics like the dude from Holliday Utah! it does suck for the people that get stuck in the middle of all the ads, cause they get over looked too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

I, too, get tired of Batna, VA, Holliday, UT, and some of these other Bozos. When I get a hair to post parts, I do about three at a shot. I would recommend that someone is not able to post more than 10 ads. After that, either pay money, or wait until something sells. I agree with the major gripes that these butt-munches post 25 - 40 ads for every nut, bolt, and screw from a car. I especially loathe those who put ++++ Headlight ++++ in the advert title. Those plus signs are annoying.

Everett, as a fellow programmer, I know there is a way to limit these people. I say they either pay, or maintain their own site.
2muchbusbs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

I have talked to Everett on this subject and he IS working on a solution
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

Everett is always working on improving TheSamba.com.... when he's not eating, sleeping, or watching "Scrubs", ;)

Jen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LHG
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

What about all the time Everett spends carrying your bags of VW bucks to the bank. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

Oh, all that money fits in our underground bunker. ;)

In reality, most of the top-tier massive classified ad placers donate to the site. While charging for large amounts of simultaneous ads is a possibility, voluntary donations seem to be working. There is no real way to stop 40-50 ads in a row unless Everett programs the site up to prevent that. He'd rather rely on people following his guidelines voluntarily, because contrary to popular belief on the R&R forum, Everett is pretty laid back.

Jen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Limiting Ads from People?? Reply with quote

C'mon Batna, and Spokane dudes, do as the Ev asks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: