Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DannyZ
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Sounds very similar to my dealings with him... I don't believe his "explanation" in the slightest... This guy is a complete a-hole and has a history of talking to people like crap...
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Paypal just denied it. So, he has the parts and my cash and I have a big FUCK YOU from him. I have emailed him with the denied refund from Paypal and a last request to refund me and a promise to update this if he refunds me.
nestbedding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Update: 6:57pm

Received a refund for full $270.

Now, the lesson learned Danny:

If someone says they can't call you, then use the wonderful invention called email and say "Hey, it's European, is that ok?" and then you would have $270 and I would have the stove.

You should be more careful about who you call asshole and tell to fuck off. Just some friendly advice.
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

If you would have called when you had time this would have never happened
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

DannyZ wrote:
If you would have called when you had time this would have never happened

If you would have just emailed, this never would've happened...
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I bought some NOS mats from Danny and I'm very happy with them. My impression is that he prefers to speak with buyers on the phone than through emails. In our case, speaking with him on the phone got us to a better outcome than if we had relied on email alone.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

This is 2018, we live in a world of email. He's going to have to get used to it, or stuff like this will happen. On top of that, some people, like myself, have had bad experiences (including the one from this seller), and like to have a paper trail of a transaction with an unknown seller on an online classified ad.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I generally agree with you, and I'm not trying to get into an argument over the merits of his way of doing business. I would differ with you, though, in your implied characterization of Danny as an "unknown seller", since he has 24 pages of feedback over 15 years. That is why I was more willing to work with him than if he had been unknown.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
otis_bartleh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
I generally agree with you, and I'm not trying to get into an argument over the merits of his way of doing business. I would differ with you, though, in your implied characterization of Danny as an "unknown seller", since he has 24 pages of feedback over 15 years. That is why I was more willing to work with him than if he had been unknown.

I am definitely not trying to argue either, but I stand by unknown seller though as I have never met him and his feedback is quite mixed between good and bad...
73sedan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Bought 2 vent windows and frames from DannyZ. Shipped real quick and as described. Thanks Danny. Hope to do business with you again in the future.
ctknecht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I was looking at an ad from Danny and inquired about the item from a tool kit. I also asked if he had other associated items. He was prompt in his reply and ultimately called me to discuss. It was an effective and efficient way to handle this transaction due to the variety of items I was looking for. Although Danny made a small error and shipped 1 wrong item of the set, when I contacted him about it he promptly replied and we resolved the issue immediately (I shipped him the wrong part and he shipped me the correct part). No hassle at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BigfoxPye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

DannyZ reached out on a WTB classified I posted. Got a sunroof guide rail piece that proved to be really hard to find for my 73 Super Beetle and some sunroof cables an parts to fix said sunroof from DannyZ. I don't know about other people but Danny was to the point and very informative over the phone. Which in my opinion is better than snail mail Email. I will absolutely look him up if I should be trying to find any other parts. Parts arrived way faster than I expected which is a win. Without DannyZ I would still be searching for the parts.
Thanks for the help man!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tfleet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Great guy! awesome parts! when I need something I check here first!
Lilie Sunflower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Bought 4 ansen caps from Danny Z, I m very satisfied, I contact him via email, no phone because I live in France... and he was very reactive... great parts for a good transaction ! Thanks!
1995 Multivan Allstar
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I cruise the classifieds on a regular basis.

Friday Nov. 23, 2018. I noted a pair of Dellorto 45 carbs DannyZ advertised.
I sent him a PM and a deal was made.

After a little back and forth re: shipping (he didn't like the fit of the carbs in the cheap USPS flat rate container). He shipped the carbs before I had sent him the additional funds for the increased shipping cost.
That's (IMO) service.

The carbs arrived today Nov. 26, 2018 and I am pleased with the purchase. They are as advertised. Even came with the down rods that I was about to buy from CB Performance.

Thank you Danny! I'll look you up again when there's a need for a hard to find part.

Have a great week!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
JP66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I bought a pair of Rethwish manifolds from Danny. They are great and just as the ad describes. They were packed well and arrived quickly. I would do business with Danny again any day.
Bug-nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I just bought a NOS 36hp head from DannyZ. The transaction went very smoothly and he had the head at my doorstep promptly. I had a few questions for him regarding the head before I purchased it, and I asked for some better pictures of the combustion chambers. Danny went out of his way to get them for me very quickly, and even called me on the phone to talk about it. We ended up talking for probably 30 minutes or so; it was a very pleasant conversation and he seemed like a very friendly and awesome gentleman. All in all I highly recommend him. Thanks so much Danny for helping me get my little Volkswagen back on the road again! Very Happy

1962 Austin-Healey Sprite

Snort wrote:
A 59 Beetle is just an Oval-Window car with aspirations of modernity.
wildDogPizza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I contacted him about an early ashtray for a bay, he replied with the cost with shipping, and i paypaled the money. A day later he sends me an email saying call him. I do and he explains that the ashtray he has is a late plastic. I say, but the late plastic ones look totally different. Then he is like, I have metal early ones with the shift pattern worn off, and late ones that have patterns intact, changing the story. Then he gets rude, saying im interupting him, and I dont understand, and wont let him explain. I say I understand perfectly, that I thought I was buying the early metal ashtray represented in the ad. Again he's rude, I have 1000s of ads, and piles of ashtrays, blah blahblah, if you dont understand that... I tell him then im not going to buy from him again if he doesnt show the part hes selling, its misleading. More rudeness, and i ask him to refund my money. I practically had to hang up on him, to not listen to any more attitude. Toxic negativity, truly sorry to have had to interact with this seller.
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I tried to tell him the ash tray in the ad was sold. He wouldn’t shut up and let me talk. I tried to explain to him that it was sold and I had others. I have so many ads it’s hard to keep up with the ads. I couldn’t talk when he called. he wouldn’t shut up and let me talk that’s why I got rude with him. I refund his money right away. He’s a big cry baby
wildDogPizza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

DannyZ wrote:
I tried to tell him the ash tray in the ad was sold. He wouldn’t shut up and let me talk. I tried to explain to him that it was sold and I had others. I have so many ads it’s hard to keep up with the ads. I couldn’t talk when he called. he wouldn’t shut up and let me talk that’s why I got rude with him. I refund his money right away. He’s a big cry baby

When you contradict yourself, it begs questions. You get caught in your bs-ing and go into dick mode. Then lash out when you're called out. Dishonest ads, dishonest practices. Discourteous, unprofessional... it is sad to have to deal with such a small, petit individual.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 34

Jump to: