Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DannyZ
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Odie1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I recently purchased NOS mirrors and clamps from DannyZ. When I checked the tracking number the USPS system didn't recognize the number. The items were not insured. When I advised him of this issue he assured me the package was delivered to the post office. When I requested him to send a picture of the USPS receipt he informed me the package was placed on the counter and then his wife walked off without receiving a receipt. To me w/out a receipt from the post office and a tracking number that isn't valid means the PACKAGE WAS NEVER SENT. Then he advised me because he uses a third party to print the label and stamps the minimum $50 insurance doesn't apply. BE CAUTIOUS WHEN DEALING WITH THIS SELLER.
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Stock Steve wrote:
IXLR8 wrote:
...I hope that buyers realize that Danny is a person, not a big business. He doesn’t have a full time customer service department...

I would agree. We're all just doing the best we can (as "civilian" Samba sellers)--we are not Amazon.

We only ask when you promptly demand payment, you promptly reply when you ship the wrong parts. Offer some kind of solution etc. Not a bunch of excesses.
Clamback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Worked with Danny a couple times . . . He's a straight shooter and usually has cool stuff.

Great seller!!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Odie1968 wrote:
..... he informed me the package was placed on the counter and then his wife walked off without receiving a receipt. To me w/out a receipt from the post office and a tracking number that isn't valid means the PACKAGE WAS NEVER SENT.

This is not true. The biggest complaint sellers have with the USPS is that a lot of offices refuse to scan packages when you leave them on the counter. In order to force them, you have to stand in line. Even then, some will tell you they won't scan more than 10 items at a time.
The USPS does this on purpose because it hides their slow service from the top brass. If the first scan happens when the package is half way to its destination, the delivery time will show faster than reality. It is very common for you to be able to track a package online and see no tracking, almost until it is finally delivered.
When did he say it was sent?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
Odie1968 wrote:
..... he informed me the package was placed on the counter and then his wife walked off without receiving a receipt. To me w/out a receipt from the post office and a tracking number that isn't valid means the PACKAGE WAS NEVER SENT.

This is not true. The biggest complaint sellers have with the USPS is that a lot of offices refuse to scan packages when you leave them on the counter. In order to force them, you have to stand in line. Even then, some will tell you they won't scan more than 10 items at a time.
The USPS does this on purpose because it hides their slow service from the top brass. If the first scan happens when the package is half way to its destination, the delivery time will show faster than reality. It is very common for you to be able to track a package online and see no tracking, almost until it is finally delivered.

Not true either. My post office always scans packages when i leave them in the box or on the counter the same night.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Mateo83 wrote:
Bruce wrote:
Odie1968 wrote:

Not true either. My post office always scans packages when i leave them in the box or on the counter the same night.

Did you ask all the other post offices in the country?
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I have almost 3000 ads and get al the knuckle heads. Some times I make a mistake and try to fix it. This guy Bruce is one of the knuckleheads. I have to deal with. Almost everyone else understands. I’ve been hurt broke my ribs and been in bed for a few weeks and was listing new ads from photos that were in my phone. This guy is an asshole emailing me rude comments. I’d rather not sell him parts. I might be stubborn but I’m not a thief. I have some very rare parts. If you need anything let me know

Last edited by DannyZ on Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
fluidjuice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Just bought a bonnet scoop for a bug from Danny; Gotta be honest I found him straightforward and straight-talking. Scoop was very well packed, totally as described and only took just over two weeks to get to me in the UK. What else can you say ? Well pleased with it all.
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

DannyZ wrote:
I have almost 3000 ads and get al the knuckle heads. Some times I make a mistake and try to fix it. This guy Bruce is one of the knuckleheads. I have to deal with. Almost everyone else understands. I’ve been hurt broke my ribs and been in bed for a few weeks and was listing new ads from photos that were in my phone. This guy is an asshole emailing me rude comments. I’d rather not sell him parts. I might be stubborn but I’m not a thief. I have some very rare parts. If you need anything let me know

To be fair, you aren't exactly very understanding or cordial with your email responses
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

rkinman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Great Seller! Reply with quote

Purchased a vintage original VW poster from Danny. Shipped out fast and was exactly as he described it. Very pleasant to deal with and hope to buy from him again!
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Just wrapped up a transaction with Danny and I am happy to report all went well. He was helpful and great with communication. Parts arrived safely as a result of careful packaging. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IBABUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I have bought from him before. Today I received a broken switch from him. I sent him Pics of it being tested (not working) He says he doesn't take back electronics, so basically I'm screwed. Says how does he know I didn't do something to it? Paid for a working one. Got a broken one.
Guess that's OK with him.
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

All my ads say no returns on electrical parts. I bought 10 NOS switches from Europe. First he says the switch is not 12 volt. Then I tell him switches are 6 or 12 volt. My ad says it’s a 2 position switch, he says it’s not 2 position but it is on & off. Again read my ads, no returns on electrical parts
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Is it this switch?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2460008

These switches are really simple inside, that's weird it doesn't work.
I'd probably open it up and see what's wrong.
Can we see the pics of it being tested?
Was it with a multi-meter or ?

I agree this is an on/off switch and voltage doesn't matter.
Calling it 2 position might be confusing though as I think most people would think that means it has 2 positions other than OFF.
Like 67 wiper switches have a slow and fast setting. Off/Slow/Fast
BUT - There's only 2 connections on that switch so it can't be more than on/off.

Mail it to me, I'll fix it. Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

These are the NOS switches I bought

I
junkmanherman922
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I purchased a bus side cover and a cabinet door from DannyZ. They were just as advertised as a matter of fact they were beautiful. I received the items within a week from my contact with him. No problems with this seller.
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

FYI: Danny had emergency surgery last night and will be out of commission for 30-35 days. If you have recently purchased an item from Danny and have yet to have received a shipping confirmation from Danny, your items will be shipped today.

To the buyer of the fog lights- Danny never got around to boxing them up so he will be refunding your money.

If you have issues, please reach out to Danny, but it may be a while before he responds.
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Sorry to hear. Prayers for Danny. Pray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Get well soon Danny.
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Because of a few problems with the post office I now get receipts from the post office when I drop off packages. I might be stubborn but I’m not a thief. Please read my ads before buying my parts or buy insurance to be safe. Thanks to all that buy my parts
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: