Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus-Boys - bus-boys.com
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MHACK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Bus-Boys - bus-boys.com Reply with quote

Admin note:
This vendor has been reported to no longer be in business by several members

I'm still pissed so bear with me. about 3 months ago I ordered pop top canvas for my bus (european top ) called bus-boys.com gave the the measurments I needed per web site. "Thats great It will be there in a couple of days". 2 months later I called , he punched it up on the computer , "Nope , it hasn't been shipped out yet". Three weeks later (today) I called again. "We don't carry that". Dude, I called you three weeks ago . "I didn't know then". Not even a freaking I'm sorry I mis led you. Mad
Any way I'm back on the hunt has anyone used dawn from plfvw.com?
the website says catalog 2005 closed for summer.

I hope I don't have to learn how to sew.
help please
thanks
marc
Redd73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are a lot of places in the banner ads that sell poptop replacement.

------
73 Westy 2000cc w/dual solex (engine code GE) + aftermarket AC
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had pretty good luck with Walter over at Bus Boys (and not just because he sometimes vacations here in in Maine).

This probably should go in the buyer/seller forum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hippopotabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Walter over at Bus Boys

I second that. Walter is the man!
tolkien
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, sorry for your experience.
but i agree with the other posts. i have never had any ill dealing with walter at bus-boys. always very helpful and friendly on the phone.
jmstu76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get flogged for this question, being a westy owner and all, but what exactly is a european top? If I knew what you were looking for, I might have a clue as to a suggestion.

'76 Deluxe Sage Green Westy
2258 cc GD case 78mm CW crank, 2.0 H-beam rods 5,325” 22mm pin, JE forged pistons with 15cc dish, JE rings, type 11 clearanced oil pump, CB Eagle 2205 Type-2 “Torque Special” hydraulic cam with matched lifters fed by CB Dual Weber 40 IDF MX with 6” foam air filters, currently 55 idle, 130 main, 200 air correction, 32 mm venturis. 27in General Grabber AT2 All Terrains, Berg Shifter, stock '76 exhaust HPC Ceramic Coated. 11/18/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tubdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: busboys Reply with quote

jmstu76 wrote:
I might get flogged for this question, being a westy owner and all, but what exactly is a european top? If I knew what you were looking for, I might have a clue as to a suggestion.

the european poptop is a little bigger than a pre 68 poptop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried these guys?

http://www.justkampers.co.uk/
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tolkien wrote:
yeah, sorry for your experience.
but i agree with the other posts. i have never had any ill dealing with walter at bus-boys. always very helpful and friendly on the phone.
No troubles here!
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BusBoys - steering box for my '70 SC. Shipped fast, rebuilt ZF box, great shape and nice action. Great communication. Turned in a ZF core ... again fast response, honest deal. Nothing but the best from BusBoys. Well done.

Dave
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter is a great guy and he usually comes thru. This time I am quite dissapointed. I called and asked him if he had a new TRW steering gear. We talked for 20 minutes about things and he assured me he had quite a few of the brazilian TRW ones in stock there with him. I ordered one this week and asked him to expedite it and he mumbled he might not be able to get it out until later in the week but he would. I took today off work to install it and called him to verify it would be in. He never had it and told me the warehouse was out so he was looking for one. It may be awhile before I buy from Walter again. If he had told me he had to order it first I would have gotten it from someone else whom I know has one in stock and it would be here today. Now I wasted a vacation day for nothing. He also was trying to charge me more than he lists it for on his website. I like Walter and he has always treated me right but this time I feel things are not right. What if I had driven the 2 hours each way to go pick one up because he said he has them in stock there?
saltpeter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Bus Boys Reply with quote

I ordered some parts early in the week and was assured I would get them by the weekend no problem, even if it weren't in stock, that was two weeks ago and still no parts. The first time I called, I was, again, promised by the weekend. Called again today, the parts have not even been shipped and was told that they have no idea what happened, and that I will have them Monday. Ridiculous!

This was my first experience with them, and probably my last. What a shame.

Screw it, just cancelled my order and went with Wolfsburg West.
Todd V.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pains me to write this because I believe these guys do good work and are passionate about these cars but......here's the story: in mid November I pulled my torsion control arms off, boxed them up, filled out an order form printed off their website, shipped them off via UPS for refurbishment...I have the tracking info/del. confirmation...rec'd at the shop 11/17. About a month goes by, no word so I call down...gal on the line says she'll check into it, call me back...no call back....about 2 weeks later after holidays I try again...I'm told there has been some issues around the shop with regards to health and family...sorry to hear that I say, no worries...I'm told they will ship in a day or two....I go on holiday to Maui (fun in the sun!) come home, mid Jan now, still no parts...now after almost 3 months later, with almost daily calls and emails no parts....most times we call they just leave us on hold or ask "who is this again ?" . My bus has been sitting in my garage on jack stands for three months...can't move it or anything else in or out....I hope after all this time I can figure out how to put all that shit back together. At this point I'm ready to move on and source a set of torsion arms elsewhere, if anyone can point me in the right direction to find a set that would be great. If anyone knows these guys and lives local and would care to intervene I would be grateful for that.

strfish7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd V., you aren't the only one. I ordered a set in December and I'm still waiting. I really am not looking forward to the job, but I need to get it done before the weather in South Texas prevents me from working outside. This comes earlier in the year than you might imagine, if you don't live here.
strfish7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 5 months of excuses, long hold waiting times and endless BSing, I'm removing Bus Boys from my list of vendors. I can't trust anything they tell me, and I won't do business with people like that, no matter how competent they are.
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus Boys received my steering box on July 8th (according to USPS) but when I called a week later "Bill" told me he wasn't sure but took my number and promised to call me back. The box included my contact information - today we're going on a month and I have left multiple voicemails because nobody is picking up the phone at Bus-Boys!

Do you have my steering box or not??? Evil or Very Mad

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
far rider Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a catalog from BB for $5. This was a few years ago. Never received it. Not a big deal but speaks to their lack of business-mindedness. Just thought I'd check their feedback as recent posts are questioning them. Not surprised.

Contentment; when what you have is what you want.
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: my steering box was fine: Bill said it was probably over torqued so I paid him right then and there over the phone. He said it would ship right out. I waited 2 weeks and called on Monday August 24th - he apologized profusely and said it would ship right out. I called TODAY Monday August 31st and he apologized profusely and said it would ship right now.

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bus Boys isn't answering their phone. The answering machine is full and won't accept any new messages...but their VISA machine works fine because they charged me to R&R my steering box (and included shipping back to me which hasn't happened!!!)

How the hell am I supposed to drive my bus with no steering box? Evil or Very Mad

fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's conversation with Bill at BusBoys (paraphrased)

Hi Bill, where's my steering box?

Oh, I'm so fricken behind...you'll get it Wednesday I promise.

Wednesday?

Tuesday...it's a holiday weekend.

Okay, will you let me know the tracking number?

Yes.

Do you have my contact information?

Um....what's your name again?

I spell my last name slowly....L E H A N

Um....hold on let me check something. (puts me on hold)

Okay you'll get it Wednesday.

Wednesday? I thought you just said Tuesday?

Oh, right Tuesday.

And you'll call me with the tracking number?

Yes.

Do you have my phone number?

Um...one second. (he locates my phone number and recites it)

So you'll ship the steering box and contact me TODAY with the tracking #?

Yes, I promise.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: