Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

David Payne - david9 - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: david9
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
paulsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out for this guy!! I contacted David on a Cruiser pedal he had for sale in June of 2008. I offered to pay with paypal but he claimed he didn't have a paypal account. So I sent him a Postal Money order. A week later I sent hima an email to see if he received it and he said yes he did and that he would send me the Pedal. A few weeks went by and Nothing. I sent him several emails to see if I could get a update and never heard back. I have all the emails to show that I tried to get in touch with him. I recently noticed he was selling on here again and I sent him a email about my pedal. He claims he shipped it out but has no proof since he moved to florida. I told David I never received my pedal and he claims he shipped it,but doesnt have any proof since its been so long. I sent him several emails but he never replied... Use caution when buying from this guy..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
david9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulsvw wrote:
Watch out for this guy!! I contacted David on a Cruiser pedal he had for sale in June of 2008. I offered to pay with paypal but he claimed he didn't have a paypal account. So I sent him a Postal Money order. A week later I sent hima an email to see if he received it and he said yes he did and that he would send me the Pedal. A few weeks went by and Nothing. I sent him several emails to see if I could get a update and never heard back. I have all the emails to show that I tried to get in touch with him. I recently noticed he was selling on here again and I sent him a email about my pedal. He claims he shipped it out but has no proof since he moved to florida. I told David I never received my pedal and he claims he shipped it,but doesnt have any proof since its been so long. I sent him several emails but he never replied... Use caution when buying from this guy..

This part was sent out 2 or 3 days after I received his Money Order. Now since I have not heard anything for months I thought that he got it. Now 8 or 9 months later he wants to hit me up saying that he never received the pedal. Now if it where me I would be all over the guy that I sent money to and never got a part. I have since moved from North Carolina to Florida and all my shipping info got thrown out with my old life up there. Im sorry that you never received your part but what do you want me to do about it? Im not going to refund money for a part that I am 100% sure that I sent out, exp when its been 8 or 9 months.
david9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 spoke horn button Reply with quote

RENOWIL wrote:
On April 3rd I paid David for a 3-spoke horn button he had for sale......he told me that he would have it out to me the following week. Here it is now the 18th of April and I still have not received my horn button. Numerous attems to contact David have gone unanswered. The last email I received, he told me that it went out three weeks ago.....almost imossible since it has only been two weeks since I paid him for it! I tried clicking on the USPS tracking number in my PAYPAL account that was generated by him on April 6th but it shows as though it still needs to be dropped off at the Post Office. Where does David live....Florida or North Carolina? He has ads listing bth states as his residency....either case it should not take this long to receive my item. I would like to resolve this by getting the button I need to complete my wheel but he does not reply in a timely manner to emails......hopefully this helps in expediting delivery!

And this item has since been resolved! He never received his item either and since he was quick about it and I knew the issue the problem is over!
RENOWIL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David refunded me my payment for the 3-spoke horn button I really wanted and was lost in transit. If it does happen to show up I will be more than happy to resend him the payment he deserves for it. People who come clean like this are worth dealing with again in my book. Sorry that our first transaction did not go as smooth as we both would have wanted....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: 3 spoke horn button Reply with quote

RENOWIL wrote:
On April 3rd I paid David for a 3-spoke horn button he had for sale......he told me that he would have it out to me the following week. Here it is now the 18th of April and I still have not received my horn button. Numerous attems to contact David have gone unanswered. The last email I received, he told me that it went out three weeks ago.....almost imossible since it has only been two weeks since I paid him for it! I tried clicking on the USPS tracking number in my PAYPAL account that was generated by him on April 6th but it shows as though it still needs to be dropped off at the Post Office. Where does David live....Florida or North Carolina? He has ads listing bth states as his residency....either case it should not take this long to receive my item. I would like to resolve this by getting the button I need to complete my wheel but he does not reply in a timely manner to emails......hopefully this helps in expediting delivery!
he did the same to me, still waiting for my shit.

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paid for my nose emblem and it showed up 5 days later from florida to washington.

thanks david!
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my refund, thank you

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sconord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, I never got mine. $500.

He stiffed me on a refund. AVOID David9, unless you have the item in your hand directly from him.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sconord wrote:
Too bad, I never got mine. $500.

He stiffed me on a refund. AVOID David9, unless you have the item in your hand directly from him.

Please post more details since this is your first post in this thread.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sconord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David put an ad up on the Samba for a 1947 Beetle Chassis for $750. He had pics of a chassis with surface rust and the pans were gone(removed). I knew it had surface rust, but was told it had no rot. In approx June 2006, I paid him a $250 deposit. I was supposed to pick it up at Bug Jam in Nov 2006. Approx Aug 2006, he emailed me and stated that he wanted another $250, I do not remember the reason, but I sent it to him.

When I went to pick it up, it was a mess, with holes in the bottom of the center channel, cancer throughout and just junk. I asked him if it was the same one as the pics he sent and he said "Yes, but the pics were old." I told him that the chassis wasn't useable and that I didn't want it. He told me, in the presence of my wife, that he would give me a refund when he got home and that there was another buyer. We agreed and left on good terms.

One month went by with no refund. He told me he was short on cash because of Christmas and would pay me afterword. Two, three, four months went buy and no refund. Then he told me that after he got his tax refund, he would pay me. NOPE

In August, I called him, not too happy, and he told me he just sent a refund and to look in the mail (Nice). NEVER GOT IT! Called him about it and he swore that he sent the Money Order that he got from Seven Eleven. I said "Great, then you can provide me the M.O. number so it can be tracked." That is when I caught him in the LIE. He told me he lost the attached stub and did not sent it tracked, but then got angry when I informed him that finding the numbers were easy. Go to the store you got it from and ask them for the record of the purchase and that the original was lost (it was supposedly in my name, I never got it and it was never cashed.) It went downhill from there with excuse after excuse.

Then he stopped returning my phone calls, emails and avoided me at Rare and Unique's party, Bulli and Bugjam.

He is a Class "A" LIAR , FRAUD and Kharma will get him. I have swallowed the loss till now, but will now not let it go.

My name is Stanley J Conord, I live in New Jersey. My Kharma and honor are not in question. My member name is sconord and have been a member of CJVWS for 5 years in good standing. If he is any bit of a man, he will email me, IM me, or call me. My phone number and address have not changed. (David's has multiple times. Any wonder why???)

But in seeing how he has done others, I doubt he will man up to actually doing the right thing. I am calling him out on this.
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Waiting too.. Reply with quote

Still waiting for this David, if you could please address the matter.Thanks.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=755324
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paulsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting too.. Reply with quote

Der Steiner Rad wrote:
Still waiting for this David, if you could please address the matter.Thanks.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=755324

If you have not got it by now, you might as well forget about it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Speedsterboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay, I can collect If I don't receive the item or get a refund Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading bad comments for David. I could say I m so frightened about buying stuff from him as I live very far away from US.

Finally, I got what I want Smile David is a stand up guy. He reply me every single e-mail before and after I brought stuffs from him.

I m not hesitate to put positive feedback to David. He's better than a rip off guy I just disputed in paypal 10 days ago.

Thanks David!
PAT (Thailand)
Typ3nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: David Payne [email protected] Reply with quote

David Payne is a real PAIN !
Constant NEGATIVE FEEDBACK !
Automatically decline Buying or Selling from him, Not Welcome Here !
Contacted me on an item I had "For Sale" here on theSamba, information was exchanged, he assured me that money will be sent, 10 days later still no payment, contacted him several times with no response.
His FEEDBACK speaks for itself.
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he's at it again. Add me to the list of people that have gotten ripped off by this guy. I bought a heater knob for my bug and paid him via paypal on 11/22/10. Never got it. So I emailed him on 12/8/10 and asked for a status. He said he was out of town and that it was boxed and ready to go. No problem, I thought I would cut him some slack cause its the holidays.

Emailed him on 12/22/10 still no part. He says,

On 12/22/10, David Payne<[email protected]> wrote:I sent that thing out awhile back. Let me see whats up and I will get back to you.

I thanked him and he said it was not problem and that he thought I got it already.

On 12/30/10 I replied,

Date: Thu, Dec 30, 2010 6:34 pm
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - Heater Knob
To: <[email protected]>

Not sure if you're out of town. Sent you an email a couple days ago. I still have never received this heater knob. Do you have any info from the post office.?
Thanks,

Mike

On 12/30/10 he replied,

Yes I am out of town for the holidays and why the heck would I screw you over a 5 dollar item? The item was sent out awhile back and I can not find the delivery tracking number so I will just refund your money. Im sorry you didn't receive your item. Can you please send me your paypal address and I will send the funds back your way.

Thanks, David

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

On 12/31/10 I replied with my paypal account and that was the end of the communication. If you have read any of the feedback, which I unfortunately did not do until AFTER I had a problem, which is my fault, then you will see a pattern. He has always sent it, he never has any documentation for money received or packages sent, and it's always someone else's fault. Unfortunately for you David, I keep all of my emails until I get my item and you're an idiot for not keeping documentation for things that you "supposedly" sent as it is the only proof that you sent it. But I think that is the way you like it...no paper trail...no proof...your word against someone else's and we know your word is golden.

His word means nothing to me, what he says he rarely ever does and David before you come in here and say how you handled the situation correctly, stop. You did nothing of what you said you were going to do. The fact that I have to post this on here is ridiculous but I do it only so that anyone else that thinks of buying from you, should not! I even gave you a chance to make this right as, if you remember, I said I don't want to post negative feedback so I am giving you a chance to rectify this through email first.

I read previous posts that say David is a stand up guy, blah, blah, blah. If by stand up you mean bails on 4 out of 5 transactions, then I would agree. He is anything but stand up.

Stand up is me purchasing the knob from EverettB, that I should have gotten from David, and it goes like this,

"Everett, I want to buy the knob how much for shipping", Everett, "$20 total", Me, "Payment sent via paypal", Everett, "I will ship it out today", that all happened in a span of 3 hours...today...and it's done.

If you choose to buy from him then its your fault, because I will never do business with him again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David refunded my money, but I stand by the feedback I posted. This was a bad transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sconord
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things never change- David.
nicolass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchase a convertible semaphore from David and it was a perfect deal smooth transaction and super fast shipping
Thanks David i hope to deal with you again
Nicolass
sventinker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a re-pop engine lid hold arm as it was described to be in good order. when I got it the tab was broken off and missing I let David know and he refunded the full purchase price including the shipping! I did not expect the shipping refund as I honestly believe he was not aware that the item was damaged. I expected to meet halfway on this one. Even though the guy has some negative feedback this was pretty cool of him. Too many times I buy stuff on the the samba classifieds and in some way I get the short end of the stick. It was nice to get treated right this time and not get burnt.
025 Safety belts
195 Adjustable bench seat/backrest (until 1963)
dawerks wrote:
Perfection only comes with delusion.

http://www.oacdp.org/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: