Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

M-code envy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The export codes list:
UX USA, Houston/San Antonio
UX Tourist Delivery Program

Texas seems an odd place for an eberspacher, but any tourist delivery bus after '62 would have a steering lock. So I would say this bus was delivered through Intercontinental Motors in San Antonio, to a dealership somewhere that they have cold weather in the winter.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

Recent post in the Gallery

If you know what this right away then Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Damn I actually had to go look it up and see what the A16 was....and primed! that's a #monsterbus for Lind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

turkis-deluxe wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Damn I actually had to go look it up and see what the A16 was....and primed! that's a #monsterbus for Lind.
That would qualify as supper unubtainaum rare for sure Shocked
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Close, but he date says 59.

I'm 99% sure my Binz had the same A16 code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

… herez' our '62 SO33, tourist delivery, M's...

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

I have a '60 Single Cab with three codes that seem uncommon:
M024-Sealed-beam headlights, side turn signals, and reversing lights
M025-mountings for safety belts
M620-12 volt system
All seem kind of rare (the reverse lights on the first code) for this early of bus. Anyone want to weigh in?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

vwdavevt wrote:
M620-12 volt system
All seem kind of rare (the reverse lights on the first code) for this early of bus. Anyone want to weigh in?

M024:
The reversing lights don't apply to your Bus.
The codes often list everything that could be included, even on later Buses so that applies to 1967 when they added those.

M025 is probably the other M25:
US-spec bumpers and 6 pop-out windows

M620:
Maybe it came 12v? This would be super early to be on a '60 unless it was a Fire Vehicle or another special vehicle.
Maybe 620 has an earlier alternate meaning too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
vwdavevt wrote:
M620-12 volt system

M024:
The codes often list everything that could be included, even on later Buses so that applies to 1967 when they added those.

M620:
Maybe it came 12v? This would be super early to be on a '60 unless it was a Fire Vehicle or another special vehicle.

Why would a single cab be specified for 6 popouts? It doesn't even have 6 windows. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

Thanks Everett. I actually copied all of that info. from the birth certificate that I have. The truck does have a single reverse light (glass says TR2 HELLA 100927 Md in Germany SAE R66 on it) mounted on the left side of the bumper but obviously that could have been added at any time. Just thought that it was coincidental that the m-code mentioned reverse lights and it had one. It appears to be a factory 12 volt system.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
vwdavevt wrote:
M620-12 volt system

M024:

M620:

Why would a single cab be specified for 6 popouts? It doesn't even have 6 windows. lol

It's probably just US spec bumpers in that case
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

I do not own this bus, but I saw it posted on FB and grabbed the picture. It is an interesting special order color. This double cab was originally ordered in a special military dark green color by the Austrian Military, the original log book shows it was bought by the Austrian Government in October 1959 and was eventually sold to the first private owner in 1984.

id'r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
vwdavevt wrote:
M620-12 volt system

M024:

M620:

It's probably just US spec bumpers in that case

My bus (with uninspired m-code plate) has the 025 code but only has 4 factory popouts. I wonder if the code is just for US spec bumpers.

It also has the 797 code...maybe it's a 2-window delete code for 025? Wink

What is the default number and configuration for popouts windows anyway? Is it just 4? Mine has two flanking the rear seat and one in each cargo door. Figured that was standard unless spec'd with a 6-popout code. My bus was delivered to rainy Portland, so it didn't get additional water intrusion options like front safaris and 6-popouts (i.e., "nice things").

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=699902&highlight=65+barn+find
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

Standard pop-out installation was 2 total:
The 2 rear windows by the back seat

6 was the option, usually M-code 114

4... Never? I'm going to say your Bus has had 2 removed or 2 added unless it is proven otherwise.
id'r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

4... Never? I'm going to say your Bus has had 2 removed or 2 added unless it is proven otherwise.

This is pretty curious because this bus is very OG and came to me completely stock without any damage or hacks of any kind. I don't have the provenance to prove the four popout originality, but maybe someone else has seen this configuration. Sounds like an unlikely possibility though, given that you haven't seen it before given your travels.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=699902&highlight=65+barn+find
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

id'r wrote:
EverettB wrote:

This is pretty curious because this bus is very OG and came to me completely stock without any damage or hacks of any kind. I don't have the provenance to prove the four popout originality, but maybe someone else has seen this configuration. Sounds like an unlikely possibility though, given that you haven't seen it before given your travels.

It is possible that both cargo doors were replaced with popout window doors off of a bus of the same color early on. I have seen that on a few panelvans that had window doors on them. Those panels did not have any strange M-codes, and there is not a known option for window cargo doors on a panel.

I would look at the quarter panel behind the cargo doors, and see if it has a dent line that does not appear on the cargo doors. Many buses get dented on the passenger side as drivers learn where the edges are when they make turns. At one time you could just go to a junkyard, and find some original paint undented door and bolt them on. Also, look at the hinge screws to see if they have tool marks and broken paint around the edge.

edit:
I looked at the pics in the gallery, and there is a dent in front of the cargo doors that doesn't look like it continues onto the door. This is possibly evidence of replaced cargo doors.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

default is 2 pop outs, as Everett says.
I know of only one bus that has four factory pop outs, my '53 microbus. It has three on the left all open the same way, none on cargo doors. Not a fancy option.

025 is very common.
I have not seen a source ( I mean factory source on paper, not from the interwebs) for 025 meaning.
It is seen often on US sold bench seat SO-42s, which came with 108 (just the one solid window, as they would get 5 louvered windows installed). It can't always mean 6 pop outs, and I suspect it has nothing to do with popout windows.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

'61 Sunroof Standard from Panama:

IN2VWS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
EverettB wrote:

default is 2 pop outs, as Everett says.
I know of only one bus that has four factory pop outs, my '53 microbus. It has three on the left all open the same way, none on cargo doors. Not a fancy option.

025 is very common.
I have not seen a source ( I mean factory source on paper, not from the interwebs) for 025 meaning.
It is seen often on US sold bench seat SO-42s, which came with 108 (just the one solid window, as they would get 5 louvered windows installed). It can't always mean 6 pop outs, and I suspect it has nothing to do with popout windows.

From a 1967 VW Salesmans handbook, M025 is "Fasteners for seatbelts"
⨴⨵--⊗--⨴⨵ 𝕊ℙ𝟚¹⁹⁷³
𝟵_𝟭_𝟰¹⁹⁷³
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: M-code envy Reply with quote

Here I was pleased with my single cab having dual treasure chest, tilt and canvas lol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: