Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Steve, yes finding a dash for 500 would be awesome. I just paid that for a black one for my 69 notch. No build thred on this one at the moment. My wifes only rule one car at a time.... lol....... the fastbacks needs the electeical gone through and a good cleanimg. I orderd stuff from joel befor she cought on but for now the plan is to make it a runner driver, clean it up and drive it. And pick up pigalle parts along the way as they surface.. if you see that guy again i woild probley go as hi as a grand for that dash.... pleas keep your eyes pealed at them swaps!

I have a bunch of picks i took on my only day with her. What you want to see?
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

69 Notchback wrote:
Steve, yes finding a dash for 500 would be awesome. I just paid that for a black one for my 69 notch. No build thred on this one at the moment. My wifes only rule one car at a time.... lol....... the fastbacks needs the electeical gone through and a good cleanimg. I orderd stuff from joel befor she cought on but for now the plan is to make it a runner driver, clean it up and drive it. And pick up pigalle parts along the way as they surface.. if you see that guy again i woild probley go as hi as a grand for that dash.... pleas keep your eyes pealed at them swaps!

I believe it was Dave Orozco RIP, who had the red dash fro $500 back in the day at the Classic,

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
69 Notchback wrote:

I believe it was Dave Orozco RIP, who had the red dash fro $500 back in the day at the Classic,

yes, and that was not "just a few years ago" more like 10-12
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
69 Notchback wrote:

Martin, how are you? it was such a pleasure to meet you at Prado. I only wish I had more time to talk with you. When I'm in California It's just a crazy time with so many friend and family. I didn't realize I would have so many show up at the show. Next time we need to sit down and have a beer!

I'm so excited about this fastback, I didn't know Dave but from what I understand he was a real asset to our passion (the type 3) I can only hope that some one with the correct dash has it sitting in his display case and is willing to sell it to bring back one of these special Pigalles. From what I have been researching the black pigalles are more rare and it sure would be nice to see this rust free example brought back for all to enjoy.
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:
69 Notchback wrote:

Last edited by 69 Notchback on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:
69 Notchback wrote:

Erick, Time flies the older we get Very Happy . I just hope after all these years there are some still out there. Please keep me in mind if you happen across one. I feel if I can find the dash with what I have I can make the rest happen. I know I can fake the dash but for me I would love to find an original it would make this project that much more special.
thanks
69 Notchback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

STILL HOPEFULL. ANYBODY??????
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

is this another pig hiding under tweed and paint? it has red wind lace and that seat adjuster sure seems it.

dammit people

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-1966-volkswagen-squareback-type/6881224846.html
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Erik,

FWIW, My Black October ‘66 (‘67) with red interior
(But black carpet/dash/column etc.)
Came with red/white windlace..

So maybe red interior early ‘66 might have been the same?

Anybody got some of that NOS BTW?? Laughing

What’s That Noise?!?
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Erik,

FWIW, My Black October ‘66 (‘67) with red interior
(But black carpet/dash/column etc.)
Came with red/white windlace..

So maybe red interior early ‘66 might have been the same?

Anybody got some of that NOS BTW?? Laughing

interesting... very possible
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

also, here is one for you to drool over bud

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2281778

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bugio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Many years ago i sold my december 65 Square.
I bougth it from the first owner and it was in good condition.
Well the car had black seats and i never have thinked they were wrong...
So it was a Pigalle with changed interior or ?

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

yes, it should have had red seats, red door panels, red arm rests

those do look like correct 1966 black seats...

It is possible someone thought it was too much red, and had the dealer exchange with another car prior to delivery.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

seat bases would have been red too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Seat bases were black too.
Unfortunately I had made very few pics to the car.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Pigalle alert in the Classifieds today, Black '66 Fastback from Spain:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2375418
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Franislaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm glad to join the Pigalle/Teak club with my Fastback.

Model owned - Fastback
Drive - LHD
Body Colour - Pearl White
Interior - Pigalle
Chassis / Frame # 3160553XX
Build Date - ???
Initially Delivered to - USA
Currently in - Poland (Poznań)
Condition - Before renovation

The car requires metal work, but has never been welded before. The interior is complete, I will try to keep the original seat covers and door panels.

With such an extensive Pigalle/Teak list, what do you think about a registry website for our cars?

73' 1303 Sunroof
74' 412 Variant
78' T2 Westfalia
78' 1303 Convertible
92' T4 Caravelle Projekt ZWO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Florian84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Back on the road for 3 years but unfortunately no longer mine.

ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

Pigalle type 34 for sale! Only 19k

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2581434

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Muthashabubu Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us your Pigalles and Teaks (Red and Brown Dash Cars) Reply with quote

How about a Pigalle steering column for $150:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255966762419
or
Pigalle turn signal switch
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255966598709
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: